First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
If they want to delay production...I get it. But give us a reveal/build tool so I can stop imagining and actually develop a build plan!
as much as I would love that. I understand why ford has not, they want a YUGE event, then satellite events after. To let people see in person as much as possible first.
Sponsored

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
as much as I would love that. I understand why ford has not, they want a YUGE event, then satellite events after. To let people see in person as much as possible first.
How many people have they turned off by dragging this on though? There are some killer deals on vehicles right now. There's some merit to an online reveal in the current environment.

I understand that's what they want, but a soft reveal now with some kind of huge planned Bronco event down the road to celebrate a real launch seems like the best of both worlds to me. It would also allow all of you folks with classic broncos the opportunity to actually attend. Just my opinion. In between those two events you could get pre-production models to all the influencers and media outlets to test out. It would keep enthusiasm high

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How many people have they turned off by dragging this on though? There are some killer deals on vehicles right now. There's some merit to an online reveal in the current environment.

I understand that's what they want, but a soft reveal now with some kind of huge planned Bronco event down the road to celebrate a real launch seems like the best of both worlds to me. It would also allow all of you folks with classic broncos the opportunity to actually attend. Just my opinion. In between those two events you could get pre-production models to all the influencers and media outlets to test out. It would keep enthusiasm high
Honestly, I don't think there are all that many people who are going to pick up a new vehicle on a great deal right now that aren't going to be open to then swapping to a Bronco in 2-3 years, which lines them up nicely with a 2nd or 3rd model year Bronco. You're right they won't be day 1 buyers, but they may not have been anyways. Lots of people will be waiting for the second model year as with any new product. It isn't like the Bronco was going to be available for purchase this month before all this madness.

The thing they really need to avoid is keeping on releasing tidbits and hyping us up for too long before the actual reveal, they don't want to burn people out like with the new NSX. Complete silence, let it die down, and then start the hype train over again leading up to the full reveal is probably the right way to do it, annoying as that is for us.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
no vaccine = no normal. While a lot of things will (and should) reopen soon, they'll be keeping an advisory for seniors and folks with health issues to semi-isolate. That's a pretty big chunk of disposable dollars right there.
Yes I'm not sure how things are normal by May. Virus will still exist. Can still take off with social interactions. What will have changed? What was all this, if in May everyone is hanging out spreading the virus?

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Honestly, I don't think there are all that many people who are going to pick up a new vehicle on a great deal right now that aren't going to be open to then swapping to a Bronco in 2-3 years, which lines them up nicely with a 2nd or 3rd model year Bronco. You're right they won't be day 1 buyers, but they may not have been anyways. Lots of people will be waiting for the second model year as with any new product. It isn't like the Bronco was going to be available for purchase this month before all this madness.

The thing they really need to avoid is keeping on releasing tidbits and hyping us up for too long before the actual reveal, they don't want to burn people out like with the new NSX. Complete silence, let it die down, and then start the hype train over again leading up to the full reveal is probably the right way to do it, annoying as that is for us.
I got sick of hearing about the "upcoming" NSX. The intial car was subpar. I still don't care about it. It's a numbers car. Eh. However if I saw a 90's NSX I'd be fanboying. Especially since I'm a Senna fan. My father is truck shopping right now because of the current deals. He doesn't NEED a new truck. But financially it make sense for him since he plans on replacing his 2500 with a half ton in the next few years. And honestly for my needs a truck would suffice....I just have my mind set on a Bronco. It seems like ford has built a proper product, but having a soft or online reveal would really put my mind at ease and make it easier to wait for. I don't mind waiting if they deliver. I don't really understand the appeal of pulling the covers off in front of a couple hundred people(the media) vs an online reveal in front of thousands. I, as a customer, don't get anything from them revealing it in person vs online. Aren't we the ones they should be appealing to?

Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Aren't we the ones they should be appealing to?
Sort of. But us on this forum aren't going to be the bulk of the sales. The people who are desperately following every shred of Bronco info aren't the ones they really need to convince. It's the mass of people that they need to reach by having every media outlet talking about the Bronco and how great it is.

I'd love if they would just show the damn thing. I really want to have specs to start planning, but if they don't think they'll be able to do the full reveal for a while...it makes cold logical sense for them to not give us anything at all until closer to it.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, I don't think there are all that many people who are going to pick up a new vehicle on a great deal right now that aren't going to be open to then swapping to a Bronco in 2-3 years.......
I keep vehicles for 10+ years, unless they have started giving major problems. If I buy something else now, it will be a long time before I'm going to be back in the market for a vehicle....... and I'm not the one who feels this way.

Without the leaks, Ford will be Without Me as A Buyer.

So... with the leaks kinda drying up right now...... I'm starting to do research on my other options. If Ford wants to keep my attention, they must leak out some more information......

Ford is So Close to loosing the opportunity to sell me a Bronco, as there are some killer deals out there......

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How many people have they turned off by dragging this on though?
You're right they won't be day 1 buyers
If you ask a room full of rocket scientists to name the most powerful force in the universe, they'll tell you it is "inertia" - as it takes much more energy to move a stationary object than to alter the course of one already in motion. If this forum is at all indicative, Ford has won themselves a pile of Bronco inertia.

By late February the click counter on this forum was spinning 24/7; today it is almost zip. To posit that Ford's choice was either to continue leaking image photos every other day, or grind to a halt, is a false choice. Any number of different approaches would have kept air in the ball.

Financially, I doubt Ford could afford to lose ANY day one buyers.

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The timing is isn’t good right now. There are too many people mourning or stressed from not working. We will be eager for good news soon, but how soon? People are going to be craving for something positive that represents American Strong. Bronco could be that.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I keep vehicles for 10+ years, unless they have started giving major problems. If I buy something else now, it will be a long time before I'm going to be back in the market for a vehicle....... and I'm not the one who feels this way.

Without the leaks, Ford will be Without Me as A Buyer.

So... with the leaks kinda drying up right now...... I'm starting to do research on my other options. If Ford wants to keep my attention, they must leak out some more information......

Ford is So Close to loosing the opportunity to sell me a Bronco, as there are some killer deals out there......
Same. Given the brunt of vehicle depreciation typically takes place driving off the lot and in the first few years of ownership, seems like people buying a new car every 2-3 years might be taking a financial hit? Some folks are not going to unload a new car to get a Bronco.

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The general public is currently concerned about feeding their families and not losing their parents.

Oh. And TP.

New cars are waaaaay down the list of shit people care about currently.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Perhaps you have additional information that non-dealers do not have access to that gives you the idea that you want a Bronco over the other choices that are availble. The rest of us have zip, nada, nothing official at all. The position that someone should wait for a future product because something better might come along in the future is asinine. It is not settling if you make a choice based on what is knowable at this moment in time. I would never buy a computer, tv, heck... any electronics, vehicles, houses, most anything I did not need to survive at this instant if I tried to weigh the 'what if' future factor into my buying decisions.

Settling, by definition means you chose to forgo your perferred option. Without information on what is coming down the line in the unknowable future, there is no Bronco option to even consider. At least that is how I see it.

-end of rant.

Hope you all have a great day!

-Drex