Cgybronc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 F350 9"-38s/'15 F350 8"-37s/'10 GT500"stock"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m hoping to stuff 40s under my wildtrak. I’ve already ordered the 3” Icon spacer lift and I’m hoping to source parts for my own 3” body lift. I see there’s a YouTube video from a vendor that shows his 3” body/3” spacer lift on a 2 dr Sasquatch bronco with 40s but that’s all I could find. Has anyone else done this? From the video it appears to be lots of clearance but what I see for tire suggestions on other lifts (5-7”), it looks like 40s might be tight.

I plan to run a 17x9 -12 offset wheel with this combo.

And before all you “by the bookers” chime in, I realize this isn’t the “proper” way of doing this, but I have a spare set of 40s off another project I no longer own and I’d like to put them to use without breaking the bank.
Sponsored

Last edited:

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I could see 40’s being tight at -12 offset but don’t have any first hand experience. Can’t wait to see the results. Are you planning on relocating the bumpers as part of your 3” body lift to hide the gap better?

OP
OP

Cgybronc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I could see 40’s being tight at -12 offset but don’t have any first hand experience. Can’t wait to see the results. Are you planning on relocating the bumpers as part of your 3” body lift to hide the gap better?
yes absolutely, I don’t think I could bring myself to do a body lift without relocating the bumpers.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

yes absolutely, I don’t think I could bring myself to do a body lift without relocating the bumpers.
Nice! That’s definitely the way to go, glad you’re doing it right. Also FWIW I think a 3” suspension lift paired with a 3” body lift is probably the best way to go unless you’re planning on completely starting over with new coilovers, arms etc. (which it doesn’t sound like you want to, can’t blame you). A 5-6” suspension spacer lift will trash your suspension vs. stock SAS ride quality.

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why? Would you even have any articulation? You going off road? 37’s is plenty. 40’s start looking like Hot Wheels but it’s a free country . 👍🏻👍🏻

OP
OP

Cgybronc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why? Would you even have any articulation? You going off road? 37’s is plenty. 40’s start looking like Hot Wheels but it’s a free country . 👍🏻👍🏻
I think you answered you own question

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I did the 3 inch icon on my bb sas then did the broncbuster 3 inch body lift but I am still on stock sas tires. I think this summer I am going to jump up to 38s or 39s for 40s I think u still need to do some cutting check out the broncbuster video
Capture.PNG

Last edited:

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nice! That’s definitely the way to go, glad you’re doing it right. Also FWIW I think a 3” suspension lift paired with a 3” body lift is probably the best way to go unless you’re planning on completely starting over with new coilovers, arms etc. (which it doesn’t sound like you want to, can’t blame you). A 5-6” suspension spacer lift will trash your suspension vs. stock SAS ride quality.
mine rides the same as before ur not changing anything out and angles are all good

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

mine rides the same as before ur not changing anything out and angles are all good
Yeah that’s what I was saying about the combo 3” + 3”.. if you tried to do it all via suspension lift w/ a spacer then it wouldn’t be good for much of anything Offroad

Sponsored

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

u can just make brackets for the bumpers or buy them. i do think you need it to make it look right
IMG_4004.JPG
IMG_4114.JPG

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Todd at Doetsch off Road here in AZ has one on 40s and builds a lot of Broncos. Check with him. He is on here also.

OP
OP

Cgybronc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did the 3 inch icon on my bb sas then did the broncbuster 3 inch body lift but I am still on stock sas tires. I think this summer I am going to jump up to 38s or 39s for 40s I think u still need to do some cutting check out the broncbuster video
Capture.PNG
Ya that’s the video where I got the idea that it maybe could work. I have no problem cutting off the crash bar mounts. Any suspension lift that big you have to chop out a cross member which is what I’d like to avoid.

that pic is with both the icon and body lift installed? Geeze I’m thinking 40s might not work, I expected that to be a lot higher looking even in stock wheels.

Last edited:

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ya that’s the video where I got the idea that it maybe could work. I have no problem cutting off the crash bar mounts. Any suspension lift that big you have to chop out a cross member which is what I’d like to avoid.

that pic is with both the icon and body lift installed? Geeze I’m thinking 40s might not work, I expected that to be a lot higher looking even in stock wheels.
Yes that is both I think 40s would fit no problem honestly. My wife who says she’s 5-5 I think she’s 5-2
Ford Bronco Quest for 40s on a Wildtrak 07DE58CB-D0AB-4B94-81EE-D5B16331116D
Ford Bronco Quest for 40s on a Wildtrak 12EFED0B-74D0-4F66-97F2-7A17F93B9F37

Last edited:

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

40’s should fit with minor trimming . I have 3 inch body lift with 3 inch suspension. Had to trim a inch off the stock rock rails to clear 37.Also cut the crash bars mount and front body mount. Removed the plastic support behind the front wheel wells. I know 39” will fit this set up. Don’t forget to relocate your intercooler after the body lift. Good luck on your project.
Sponsored

Last edited: