Question about carbon fiber package

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Extended Warranty comes to mind!
Indeed, but in 40 years of car ownership, never made a warranty claim yet. I'm kinda to the point where I'm a spendin' that cash on road trips.

OP
OP

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Somehow methinks I have other places to spend $1,700 smackeroos.
Normally I would agree with this statement, and I’d probably never do it again, but I ended up getting it. In for a penny, in for a pound as the saying goes. For me it was either base or fully loaded.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Normally I would agree with this statement, and I’d probably never do it again, but I ended up getting it. In for a penny, in for a pound as the saying goes. For me it was either base or fully loaded.
Well, surely the trim was not why you went "all in". I can dig that.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Indeed, but in 40 years of car ownership, never made a warranty claim yet. I'm kinda to the point where I'm a spendin' that cash on road trips.
You're luckier than me. All mine have paid for themselves, but I go through the T&Cs line by line and watch everything that's covered like a hawk.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
my 2021 F150 Raptor def does not have a carbon shifter so I wonder if the 2022 are coming with them? I have to dig into this mystery.

The Ford configurator currently lists the shifter as included for the current F-150 Raptor carbon package. I trust your knowledge and experience with past iterations and quality.

I agree, the CF integration for the Bronco looks like a higher quality product. Really like the matte finish as opposed to the gloss on the F-150. It’s a better fit for the Braptor persona.

Of course I’d like to see more cf included. But I’ll take what I can get over the standard option of an overwhelming amount of plastic.
There is a point at higher $$ levels that you expect higher quality materials. The Bronco raptor straddles the fine line of rough go anywhere outdoors vibe and at Raptor price point, a luxury performance expectation. I’m happy to see the how many features have become purpose built for the Braptor.
For those who want all out rough and tumble capability, it’s great that the option for marine grade interiors and the ability to hose it out from weekend fun and drive to work exist side by side with alternatives.

Haredog

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F150 Eco, 02Jag XJR100, 15 Limited Exped Eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered it and I am hoping the CF replaces the orange? on the grab handles. When my Carbonized Gray Badlands came in I was bummed to see the orange stitching, grab handles and other orange bits. My 20 F150 Lariat Eco Magnetic has the Lariat blackout option and black leather interior. It looks good all blacked out. Went with Iconic Silver on the Braptor with black interior but would have gone with Carbonized Gray if they had offered it. I was iffy on the upgraded graphics but went with it anyway. The Badlands goes on Bring a Trailer here soon to make room for the Braptor.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I ordered it and I am hoping the CF replaces the orange? on the grab handles. When my Carbonized Gray Badlands came in I was bummed to see the orange stitching, grab handles and other orange bits. My 20 F150 Lariat Eco Magnetic has the Lariat blackout option and black leather interior. It looks good all blacked out.
The CF does not replace the orange.
Here‘s a video of the CF interior and you can see the orange highlights throughout (skip to the 6 minute mark)

IXFE

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Guys, I think we're all missing the most important question...

Just how much weight savings does the Carbon Fiber Package actually provide???

River Rat

Raptor
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda 450 x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m thinking your wallet may be a little lighter … Lol . With that said, the steering wheel did look trick with the carbon fiber inserts. The console tray looked to be non carbon in this video. I think some thoughts were it may be carbon fiber in actual production.

Sponsored

Boldbronco

Raptor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus and E350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’ll be calling my dealer tomorrow to add. Agree with 911 on the cool factor and resale value. I just wished the B&P description matched the photos. Even the hi-rez photos provided by 911 shows the console having carbon especially on the blue leather one’s. But of course disclaimer text says it may not match so crap shoot. Either way I’m ok with it so expect it not to have the extra and be pleasantly surprised if it does.
If Im not mistaken, my dealer told me that the order was final, I couldn’t change nothing after it was placed. Was he wrong?

Shenanigans

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If Im not mistaken, my dealer told me that the order was final, I couldn’t change nothing after it was placed. Was he wrong?
If you have not been scheduled yet you should be able to add. If you have a build date (I don’t) then you are stuck with what they have. Also your dealer may not want deal with the added work. But that original post was before the ordering deadline.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
you can make changes before you are scheduled. After you are scheduled it gets harder if not impossible.

I changed my color from Green to White and then added leather seats and keyless entry pad

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

+1 on the vinyl wrap option. I was never a fan of the faux wood trim in my Jeep, so I wrapped it in 3M 1080 carbon fiber. Looks legit and even has visual 'depth'. I'm not sure what the quality of the Ford carbon fiber will be, but in the SRT Jeeps, it had a tendency to delaminate over time and was extremely expensive to replace.

280286309_10224726950014597_3582371349189008046_n.jpg

280382156_10224726978415307_1999419952676671844_n.jpg

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

While the wife and I sat in the Raptor while at the NY Auto, she mentioned I should paint the steering wheel piece Code Orange to match the exterior.
Sponsored