Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, 36 ford convertible, 59 MGA, 57 Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking of going to KOH but wondering if the wife and kid would enjoy it. Should I head up with the guys? Family? Stay the night? What should I expect?
Sponsored

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm thinking of going to KOH but wondering if the wife and kid would enjoy it. Should I head up with the guys? Family? Stay the night? What should I expect?
Agreed with @Dirtyjed - I'm planning on going too. We have buddies bringing their family and will camping the whole event. I'll probably stay for a day or two but from what they've told me there's a variety to see and do there. I'm going in with expectations that it may be a bit crazy but in a good way 😅

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It really depends on your family. You didn't tell us anything about them, so it's hard to say. Are they interested in racing? Do they mind getting dirty? Would they enjoy climbing up a steep rocky hillside, possibly in cold, windy, dust conditions to sit with 1000 other people drinking and kicking rocks down on you all day to watch a race truck pass by every 10 minutes or so?

I attended KOH as a crew chief, co- driver, vendor and spectator for the first dozen years or so, and will be going just for the day of the main race this year. It WILL be dusty. It WILL be crowded. Those i can guarantee. The rest is variable.

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just to give you an idea, I took this picture a couple hours ago. The main event is still almost a week away, and already there are this many people out in what is normally empty, barren desert.

KOH2023-4.jpg
Sponsored