First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
couple
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We have a 4 door Big Bend ordered, with MIC and tow package. We were a 7.14.20 reservation, we have received no correspondence from Ford since our order confirmation and our dealer is not knowledgeable about this whole Bronco situation.

I have three questions for those of you "in the know": First, when would you expect we would receive our Bronco as ordered? Second, if we go soft top and drop the tow package today, when would you expect to receive our Bronco? What is the deadline for making these two changes in order to speed things up?
Sponsored

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We have a 4 door Big Bend ordered, with MIC and tow package. We were a 7.14.20 reservation, we have received no correspondence from Ford since our order confirmation and our dealer is not knowledgeable about this whole Bronco situation.

I have three questions for those of you "in the know": First, when would you expect we would receive our Bronco as ordered? Second, if we go soft top and drop the tow package today, when would you expect to receive our Bronco? What is the deadline for making these two changes in order to speed things up?
My dealer (my cousin) says that my OBX is on hold because of the 2.7L and the Sasquatch package. I sent 12 questions and that was the quick reply today. She'll provide more details tomorrow. Will share if anything might help.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No one is really in the know, but it seems if you had made those changes a month ago your chances of a 21 were a lot better then than they are now. 🤷‍♂️

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What is the deadline for making these two changes in order to speed things up?
Ford has given a 7/16 (tomorrow) deadline for switching to a soft top. I can't imagine that they will completely stop accepting changes after, but I think they are looking to schedule a big batch in the coming weeks, and want to have a good idea what the orders are like by tomorrow.

Peter

Sponsored
OP
OP

stw

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
couple
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford has given a 7/16 (tomorrow) deadline for switching to a soft top. I can't imagine that they will completely stop accepting changes after, but I think they are looking to schedule a big batch in the coming weeks, and want to have a good idea what the orders are like by tomorrow.

Peter

thanks, Peter

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

not sure you can find an answer. I have a 4dr First Edition reserved 7/13 @ 9:07pm that I received an email on 7/1 with a build week of 8/9. I also have a 2dr Badlands Sasquatch w/ MIC reserved 7/14 @ 12:56am that I haven’t heard a thing about.

mic’s on 2drs is a big issue. Big enough that I don’t expect that one this year….but who knows?

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

also, I stopped by 2 dealers today in the Dallas area. My dealer‘s GM said he heard the hard top will cost $3k+ if you were to add it later. Seems very pricey.

the other dealer said there is no way anyone knows how much the hard top will cost. Prices haven’t been released.

again, who knows?

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here’s my best understanding of the available info. Keep in mind a lot of what we know has a good deal of subjectivity in it since everyone interprets the Ford and insider statements differently.

1: It depends on where you are in your dealer’s allocation. Eg. even though you’re an early res if your dealer has a ton of early reservations you’re in line behind a lot of other early people. The best thing going for you is you have the dream spec for getting built quickly other than MIC and tow. Ask your dealer what number you are in their allocation, and how many have already been built. This should give you a rough idea of when you’ll receive your truck.

2: Again no way of knowing but since your build is basically the dream spec for build quickness I can’t imagine it would take long to get scheduled. Big Bend is even more desirable than base for getting scheduled since it shares more parts with all the other Broncos than the base meaning larger pool of available commodities.

3: edit: I was wrong apparently there is a deadline.

Keep in mind that everything I said is based on educated guesswork and my interpretation of all the different sources of information. Someone else might interpret things totally different.

From where I sit, dropping MIC and tow gives you the best shot out of any build possible to get your Bronco ASAP. But you should ask your dealer where you are in their allocation and how many allocations they have total.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

also, I stopped by 2 dealers today in the Dallas area. My dealer‘s GM said he heard the hard top will cost $3k+ if you were to add it later. Seems very pricey.

the other dealer said there is no way anyone knows how much the hard top will cost. Prices haven’t been released.

again, who knows?
have you seen what a hard tops for Jeeps go for.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Get rid of the tow package it will increase your odds. You can buy it and install yourself.

OP
OP

stw

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
couple
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here’s my best understanding of the available info. Keep in mind a lot of what we know has a good deal of subjectivity in it since everyone interprets the Ford and insider statements differently.

1: It depends on where you are in your dealer’s allocation. Eg. even though you’re an early res if your dealer has a ton of early reservations you’re in line behind a lot of other early people. The best thing going for you is you have the dream spec for getting built quickly other than MIC and tow. Ask your dealer what number you are in their allocation, and how many have already been built. This should give you a rough idea of when you’ll receive your truck.

2: Again no way of knowing but since your build is basically the dream spec for build quickness I can’t imagine it would take long to get scheduled. Big Bend is even more desirable than base for getting scheduled since it shares more parts with all the other Broncos than the base meaning larger pool of available commodities.

3: edit: I was wrong apparently there is a deadline.

Keep in mind that everything I said is based on educated guesswork and my interpretation of all the different sources of information. Someone else might interpret things totally different.

From where I sit, dropping MIC and tow gives you the best shot out of any build possible to get your Bronco ASAP. But you should ask your dealer where you are in their allocation and how many allocations they have total.
I am number 1 at the dealer and don't know how many they have reserved/ordered ( I think they may have said around 50, but not sure).

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you don't know/have a VIN, which it sounds like this is the case, call you dealer and have them check to see the status. The Ford CSR number may be able to help, but the CSR that I talked with today (Connor) was clueless though.
Sponsored