Sponsored

Question for all those who purchased from big discount dealers….

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not sure if this is true, however……..

The largest dealership in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex (almost 8 mil people) told me that Ford has limited dealers to certain allocations of Broncos for 2021 and 2022. Can‘t remember the number exactly but was low and contingent on total dealer volume across the entire Ford line based on historical data. I know their’s was less than 100 for calendar year 2022 and even less for 2021. This includes reservation/orders AND dealer inventory orders.

My first question is, is this true? If true, has your big discount dealer (offering $1,000’s below invoice) said anything to you? I would think they have several hundred orders. How can they be fulfilled if Ford is only allocating x amount per dealer? Per the big DFW dealer “it will take more than 5 years just to fulfill the current orders“ relating to the big discount dealers.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes it is true.

Ford can only build so many vehicles a year, so they have a dealer allocation system in place to ensure every dealer and every area of the country gets their fair amount of vehicles.

This isn’t a new system… it’s been around as long as I can remember. Usually the allocation system is really only something the dealer has to worry about internally, and the customer is never impacted. But at the moment there is a worldwide shortage of components used in vehicles.

How can they be fulfilled if Ford is only allocating x amount per dealer?
They can’t. No one can.

My dealer is a small family-owned dealership. They have 120 Bronco orders last time I talked to them and were only allocated ~25 Broncos for this year.

Last edited:

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My first question is, is this true? If true, has your big discount dealer (offering $1,000’s below invoice) said anything to you? I would think they have several hundred orders. How can they be fulfilled if Ford is only allocating x amount per dealer? Per the big DFW dealer “it will take more than 5 years just to fulfill the current orders“ relating to the big discount dealers.
In 2021 allocations were based on the number of reservations (with other factors). It was about 30% of reservations for each dealer. If they do something similar for 2022, then it might still be a percentage of reservations (hopefully over 100%).

In no reality would Ford allow this to happen: "5 years just to fulfill the current orders"

Mzekew

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dealers with more reservations got more allocations, though. No dealer got enough allocations to cover all of their orders, but most dealers got about the same ratio of allocations to reservations.

My dealer has over 100 allocated Broncos.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The largest dealership in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex (almost 8 mil people) told me that Ford has limited dealers to certain allocations of Broncos for 2021 and 2022. Can‘t remember the number exactly but was low and contingent on total dealer volume across the entire Ford line based on historical data. I know their’s was less than 100 for calendar year 2022 and even less for 2021. This includes reservation/orders AND dealer inventory orders.

Yes it is Tex. It was a HUGE discussion point, with people trying to understand what it meant, from the time you joined the forum until about December, maybe February of this year when the order banks actually opened.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’ve got about 9 months of discussion and learning to catch up on.

In short, yes. Ford literally can not produce enough MY21 Broncos to fulfill every single order in the system. That’s why every single dealer, regardless of size, only received a percentage of their total orders (around 27% give or take)… but that percentage was basically the same for all dealers… doesn’t matter how big or small they are.

If in MY22 Ford still can not produce enough Broncos, something similar will happen… but something really dire would need to happen. Just the back of the napkin math shows all outstanding orders should be able to be fulfilled by the end of MY22. (Though every time I make a statement like that, Ford follows it up with a statement of their own…)

Is it possible Ford will be fulfilling current bronco orders for years and years? Sure.

Is it likely? Meh.

Are these statements by dealers usually based in incomplete understandings of the bronco allocation system and/or fear mongering to keep buyers from seeking a better deal? Usually.

OP
OP

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes it is true.

Ford can only build so many vehicles a year, so they have a dealer allocation system in place to ensure every dealer and every area of the country gets their fair amount of vehicles.

This isn’t a new system… it’s been around as long as I can remember. Usually the allocation system is really only something the dealer has to worry about internally, and the customer is never impacted. But at the moment there is a worldwide shortage of components used in vehicles.

They can’t. No one can.

My dealer is a small family-owned dealership. They have 120 Bronco orders last time I talked to them and we’re only allocated ~25 Broncos for this year.
Yes it is true.

They can’t. No one can.

My dealer is a small family-owned dealership. They have 120 Bronco orders last time I talked to them and we’re only allocated ~25 Broncos for this year.
Dealers with more reservations got more allocations, though. No dealer got enough allocations to cover all of their orders, but most dealers got about the same ratio of allocations to reservations.

My dealer has over 100 allocated Broncos.
Yes it is Tex. It was a HUGE discussion point, with people trying to understand what it meant, from the time you joined the forum until about December, maybe February of this year when the order banks actually opened.
Thanks for all the responses. I would imagine some of these dealers offering the huge discount have 500+ orders. Hopefully people don’t get burned. Hopefully the dealers forgo their own dealer orders to fulfill customer orders.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure, about 30% of all reservations before 9/19/20, so maybe 20% of total reservations. That would take five years to fulfill every order at most every dealer, they will increase the number when at full speed so it would be much shorter. How much shorter? Ford just sent an email to all reservation holders stating in no uncertain terms that if they are not scheduled for a hardtop build currently (85ish% of all orders), they will get a 2022 model. So everyone not wanting to wait to see what 2023 offers will get a truck before the end of next year. Sounds like your dealer is fear-mongering to make their pricing seem reasonable, like you are paying more to get it sooner than some ridiculously long time they pulled out of their Hershey Highway at a cheaper dealer.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for all the responses. I would imagine some of these dealers offering the huge discount have 500+ orders. Hopefully people don’t get burned. Hopefully the dealers forgo their own dealer orders to fulfill customer orders.
Ford's ordering system doesn't let them prioritize dealer stock orders above customer retail orders.

This doesn't necessarily mean ALL of the customer orders will arrive before stock orders--it'll depend on what parts are available when. But there is a good chance our orders will arrive before the dealer starts getting stock orders.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because order fulfillment is in order of time stamp, and Ford can only supply the first 30% of orders, it doesn’t matter where that order is. The same first 30% of people will always be the same.

If one dealer had all the orders, or they were spread out over 3000 dealers, the first 30% would be the same. Dealers with more orders got more Broncos.

Imagine that the first 30 all had an allocated Bronco… it follows them wherever they take their order.

No one is getting burned because they got a deal.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, what everyone else here said. A dealers allocation for MY21 were about 30% of their reservations. If Ford reduces MY21 production then dealership allocations will also be reduced. Ford has around 220k reservations with a 60-70% conversion rate, it is not going to take Ford 5 years to produce ~150k Broncos.

Our TX group buy dealer who is just north of the Metroplex, and probably about 1/4 of the size (if not smaller) than the largest DFW dealer, has over 100 allocations for MY21 and has already delivered 9 of them. Who is your dealer btw?

jreburn

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Etron
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, what everyone else here said. A dealers allocation for MY21 were about 30% of their reservations. If Ford reduces MY21 production then dealership allocations will also be reduced. Ford has around 220k reservations with a 60-70% conversion rate, it is not going to take Ford 5 years to produce ~150k Broncos.

Our TX group buy dealer who is just north of the Metroplex, and probably about 1/4 of the size (if not smaller) than the largest DFW dealer, has over 100 allocations for MY21 and has already delivered 9 of them. Who is your dealer btw?
Is it too late to join the group buy?

OP
OP

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sure, about 30% of all reservations before 9/19/20, so maybe 20% of total reservations. That would take five years to fulfill every order at most every dealer, they will increase the number when at full speed so it would be much shorter. How much shorter? Ford just sent an email to all reservation holders stating in no uncertain terms that if they are not scheduled for a hardtop build currently (85ish% of all orders), they will get a 2022 model. So everyone not wanting to wait to see what 2023 offers will get a truck before the end of next year. Sounds like your dealer is fear-mongering to make their pricing seem reasonable, like you are paying more to get it sooner than some ridiculously long time they pulled out of their Hershey Highway at a cheaper dealer.
Could be a lot of truth in what you say. Dealer did say allocations were based on a flat number. Not % reservation/orders + dealer stock. If there was a big discount dealer closer to me I would have jumped on it. Ultimately time will tell. Sorry for a repost on a topic that’s apparently been beaten to death.

OP
OP

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mine is a smaller one. N Central Ford. They haven’t even received a mannequin yet much less an ordered Bronco. My build date was 8/13, supposedly built 8/11. Called Ford Customer Service today for the first time and spoke with Conner. This dude was a dipshit. Said mine was built and sitting in a covered warehouse because it doesn’t have the top. I explained that my original order included dual tops and the dealer made me change it to MIC only since it was a First Edition since Ford deleted the dual top option. Conner told me it was never “dual tops” but a MIC/Soft top hybrid combination. Total fking idiot. Even after I READ him my build sheet “Dual TopS - MIC Hard Top + Fabric Soft Top $1,795” he still argued. After realizing he was a dipshit spewing incorrect information, the call ended.

Regarding N Central Ford, great dealership and I’ve used them in the past. Their service department is the best of any dealership in DFW I’ve used. Even better than Sewell which is a high standard.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, and dealer allocations have yet to released for MY22. But one would assume that if Ford doubles production in 22 then dealer allocations will double as well.

Is it too late to join the group buy?
Yes. The offer got a lot of traction when it first opened up and quickly attracted the attention from Ford. So our dealer opted to play nice with the rest of the area dealerships and limit participation. However, if you still need a dealer they will treat you fair and won't pile on dealer adm's or add on's.

My build date was 8/13, supposedly built 8/11.
Did you call your dealer and ask if you have a revised build date? I thought Ford was going to suspend hard top builds until sometime this Fall when the new MIC top is ready. My BL with the MIC was scheduled for 8/30 but I have yet to call my dealer and see if it has been rescheduled.
Sponsored