Sponsored

Question for all those who purchased from big discount dealers….

OP
OP

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Oh, and dealer allocations have yet to released for MY22. But one would assume that if Ford doubles production in 22 then dealer allocations will double as well.

Yes. The offer got a lot of traction when it first opened up and quickly attracted the attention from Ford. So our dealer opted to play nice with the rest of the area dealerships and limit participation. However, if you still need a dealer they will treat you fair and won't pile on dealer adm's or add on's.

Did you call your dealer and ask if you have a revised build date? I thought Ford was going to suspend hard top builds until sometime this Fall when the new MIC top is ready. My BL with the MIC was scheduled for 8/30 but I have yet to call my dealer and see if it has been rescheduled.
I have not called the dealer. Received the email below; however, website shows it’s still in production. That’s why I called Ford Customer Care. Good ole Conner said it’s built and shows in production because it’s waiting on a top.

0A52C23A-F793-4F36-9C0B-17D1D014C4B8.png
Sponsored

Jug

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you say what the dealer that had the group buy? I have gotten some good deals on F150's through Holiday Ford in Whitesboro.

Yes. The offer got a lot of traction when it first opened up and quickly attracted the attention from Ford. So our dealer opted to play nice with the rest of the area dealerships and limit participation. However, if you still need a dealer they will treat you fair and won't pile on dealer adm's or add on's.

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you say what the dealer that had the group buy? I have gotten some good deals on F150's through Holiday Ford in Whitesboro.

A big stickied thread.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ans-special-discounts-master-list.2010/unread

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aren’t dealer allocations determined on a monthly basis anyway? I recall Granger mentioning a few times how many allocations they got for a specific month. This due to the fact that supply and demand just simply aren’t static.

There was a best effort cut off date in March for initial MY21 allocations… but that clearly meant nothing since days later Ford panicked and pushed roofs off for 2 years, and it’s been an allocation shit show ever since.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aren’t dealer allocations determined on a monthly basis anyway? I recall Granger mentioning a few times how many allocations they got for a specific month. This due to the fact that supply and demand just simply aren’t static.

There was a best effort cut off date in March for initial MY21 allocations… but that clearly meant nothing since days later Ford panicked and pushed roofs off for 2 years, and it’s been an allocation shit show ever since.
For MY21 Ford gave each dealership an estimated amount of total allocations they would receive for the model year which was equal to roughly 30% of reservations made prior to 9/18/2021. This was before everything Webasto went to s**t and production, along with allocation, was reduced. Granger was simply taking that allocation total and dividing it by the number of MY21 build months to come up with a monthly number.

However, for MY22 it has been reported that Ford is going back to monthly allocations using a similar formula that was used in MY21.

Last edited:

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For MY21 Ford gave each dealership an estimated amount of total allocations they would receive for the model year which was equal to roughly 30% of reservations made prior to 9/18/2021. This was before everything Webasto wen to s**t add production, along with allocation, was reduced. Granger was simply taking that allocation total and dividing it by the number of MY21 build months to come up with a monthly number.

However, for MY22 it has been reported that Ford is going back to monthly allocations using a similar formula that was used in MY21.
This is the only post on the topic that I have seen that is 100% accurate at combining the information, the correct use of date identification, and it's completely factually accurate as well. Fantastic effort, well done!

colobronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Ford fulfills by timestamp giving each dealer a fixed percentage of their reservations, then you want to find a dealer that has a bunch of later than you reservation holders.

E.g., assume a world where there are only two dealers with the following timestamped reservations and each gets 50% of their allocations.
A: 1, 2, 3, 5
B: 4, 6
In this case, timestamps 1, 2 and 4 will get MY21 and timestamp 3 cries that their order was fulfilled later than someone who reserved after them.

This scenario can happen with the dealers that advertised on the forums, since people here likely have an earlier timestamp than the general public. You may find better luck at a lower volume dealer if they have a bunch of later reservations.

Of course, the allocations are actually a bit more complicated and all the soft-tops jumped those who didn't want to remove hard tops.

Your choice ultimately needs to balance between price, convenience (location), and expected time to receive a truck.

Jeanielo29

Big Bend
First Name
Jeanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just heard from my dealer that Ford is showing a tentative build date of 11/1. At least that’s something.
Sponsored