Sponsored

Question for anyone with Experience of Ford's SYNC (Radio Favorites)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One of the features I absolutely love with my Mazda's Infortainment center is how it deals with "Favorites". It has a menu that has multiple tabs, one of which is for Radio Stations. No more of that FM1 FM2 FM3 junk... it allows me to add like 200 Stations (FM or AM, doesn't matter) and it is all in 1 list. It even goes as far as allows me to move those up and down, which I use to group my favorites by genre.

I tried to google this, but I didn't know what to call it in Ford Speak.. so I figured I'd ask. Anyone know how Ford Handles Radio Station Bookmarks?
Sponsored

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd appreciate that. With the mazda, on the "Radio" tab of the favorites I have all my stations (in my own order). So as a dial the center control (I'll miss that for sure), it scrolls up and down my list and makes it really easy to go from 1 station, all the way down to the last station.

maus92

Big Bend
First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
LOL, I hope Sync 4 is better than Sync 3. Ford Infotaiment systems are notoriously buggy, and operationally laggy and slow. Sync 2 was even worse than 3 - they never came close to "fixing" that version. I don't understand why they cannot engineer a reliable and responsive system.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here's a picture of my Mazda's favorites.
Ford Bronco Question for anyone with Experience of Ford's SYNC (Radio Favorites) 20200719_114952

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is the one thing that bugs me on my Sync 3 is the presets.
I'm usually on SiriusXM which 3 banks of 6 presets for 18 total.
I can > or< on on the steering wheel controls for each preset bank but if I want to change bank I have to use the touchscreen (unless I missed something somewhere in the manual...)

Sponsored
OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That is the one thing that bugs me on my Sync 3 is the presets.
I'm usually on SiriusXM which 3 banks of 6 presets for 18 total.
I can > or< on on the steering wheel controls for each preset bank but if I want to change bank I have to use the touchscreen (unless I missed something somewhere in the manual...)
That is exactly what i do NOT want... never thought anything about having to switch between "Bands" until I got my Mazda and thought ... duh... why didn't someone think of this before.

Being that these Infotainment systems are basically computers, there is no reason to need 3 banks.

So I guess the question is if Sync 4 does this. (Not worried about Sirius because I never use it) so as long as the normal Stations don't do this. Of course, it is not a deal breaker for me... it is just going to suck to have such a nice new (and expensive) car that is a step backward in tech from my current car.

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is
LOL, I hope Sync 4 is better than Sync 3. Ford Infotaiment systems are notoriously buggy, and operationally laggy and slow. Sync 2 was even worse than 3 - they never came close to "fixing" that version. I don't understand why they cannot engineer a reliable and responsive system.
This is one of my biggest worries about the Bronco to be honest. I have a Dodge Challenger Hellcat I'm selling to get the Bronco and the Uconnect systems in FCA cars is top notch. No joke. It's REALLY good and easy to use. I could go get a new Jeep Rubicon right now and there's no transition and everything works.

On the other hand, my wife had a 2014 Ford Fusion for a work car and the electronics in that thing were horrifically bad. The entire center stack just stopped working one day. No radio. No HVAC, nothing. Ford replaced the guts of the whole thing and it "worked" after that, but would randomly stop running the AC and the thermometer would say things like it was -42 degrees in the middle of July.

Her next fleet car was a 2016 Edge and it was definitely better, but still super flaky. It had wired Apple Carplay but you might have to unplug and plug in your phone 1 to 7 times in order for it to work. It did the same thing with the thermometer and occasionally the whole HVAC systems just would not work until you turned the car off, opened a door to shut everything down, waited about 30 seconds and then turned it back on.

I am REALLY hoping for some incredible improvement with this new system, but the fact that it's in a model year one truck has me more than a little hesitant.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is

This is one of my biggest worries about the Bronco to be honest. I have a Dodge Challenger Hellcat I'm selling to get the Bronco and the Uconnect systems in FCA cars is top notch. No joke. It's REALLY good and easy to use. I could go get a new Jeep Rubicon right now and there's no transition and everything works.

On the other hand, my wife had a 2014 Ford Fusion for a work car and the electronics in that thing were horrifically bad. The entire center stack just stopped working one day. No radio. No HVAC, nothing. Ford replaced the guts of the whole thing and it "worked" after that, but would randomly stop running the AC and the thermometer would say things like it was -42 degrees in the middle of July.

Her next fleet car was a 2016 Edge and it was definitely better, but still super flaky. It had wired Apple Carplay but you might have to unplug and plug in your phone 1 to 7 times in order for it to work. It did the same thing with the thermometer and occasionally the whole HVAC systems just would not work until you turned the car off, opened a door to shut everything down, waited about 30 seconds and then turned it back on.

I am REALLY hoping for some incredible improvement with this new system, but the fact that it's in a model year one truck has me more than a little hesitant.
I'm with ya on this. That is the one thing about the SPORT is it comes with Sync 3 (wtf) while BRONCO has Sync 4.

I used to upgrade my stereos back in the day when a stereo was just a stereo... but now, they are damn near the entire brains of the car. Can they even be replaced with aftermarket?

The electronics in cars is the one reason I would even think about a possible extended warranty

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Seems like there is quite a few of us Mazda drivers jumping into Broncos

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seems like there is quite a few of us Mazda drivers jumping into Broncos
I would love to keep my Mazda. I've done alot of work to it including an OVT tune. It is only a couple years old with 40k miles on it... but I can't keep it if I want a Bronco so bye Mazda ?

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope the screens are better, I have a permanent fingerprint on the screen in my 2011 F-150, upper right-hand corner LOL

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope the screens are better, I have a permanent fingerprint on the screen in my 2011 F-150, upper right-hand corner LOL
My 2011 F150 doesn't have a screen. Just good ol' original Synch. 3 bands of ads for Sirius Radio, an AM, 2 FMs, and a Line-In. I made both my FMs have the same stations so whichever one I get to will generally work.

The Synch was nifty when I bought the truck - as it was "synched" to the phone I had then - so I could make touchless phone calls. But I went from Apple to Android and I couldn't easily get it switched - kinda like day-lights saving and changing the clock on the radio.

I need to get a new phone but I'm going to wait until I am closer to getting the Bronco so I can hopefully get it "synched" to the truck - so I can get a good 3-4 years out of the technology.

jlj4660

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2023 Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The new B&O radio in my new F250 is better than the Sony from 2018 IMO. The display allows for favorites from any band on the screen without having to change sources. I think same radio for Bronco
Sponsored