First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Forgive me if this has been asked already but I couldn't find anything when searching.

Are we able to run the Bronco with the main portion of the hardtop removed, but with the front left and right panels still installed? I used to use my previous Jeep's top like this, and it was great in the summertime for protecting the driver and passenger against direct overhead sun, but still nice having the doors off, and the whole rear of the vehicle open.

Has anybody tried this yet?
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have my Bronco.
Haven't tried it.
Manual says don't do it.

Ford Bronco Question for hard top owners who HAVE their Broncos Screenshot_20220109-165335

That being said, there are pics showing the Bronco R&D team running around (if I remember right) Moab with the clam shell removed and only the front and middle panels installed. It would probably be okay to do so in slow off-road applications but definitely not on the highway.

When I do take off the hard top I am going to see if a bracket can be fabbed and installed to keep the front and rear panels secured for highway use.

OP
OP
Samsquantch

Samsquantch

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's a good enough answer for me 👍 thank you. I can always grab a Spiderweb shade. Aaaand I'll have probably a year before i have to worry about any of this lol

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No. Most definitely don't do it. The panels are held in by the previous panel, back to front.

In other words, the middle is held in by the clamshell, and the front panels are held in by the middle panel.

Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

MRuby

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I took off the back piece early in the summer and just put it back on last month.
I ran around with just the 2 front pieces or the front pieces and middle piece for months without any issues. I DID not run around with just the middle piece. That looked risky and really no reason for it. Found out the hard way when running with front and middle pieces that when it rains that water will run down your back when in the back seat. Well, the kids found that out as I laughed at them.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Forgive me if this has been asked already but I couldn't find anything when searching.

Are we able to run the Bronco with the main portion of the hardtop removed, but with the front left and right panels still installed? I used to use my previous Jeep's top like this, and it was great in the summertime for protecting the driver and passenger against direct overhead sun, but still nice having the doors off, and the whole rear of the vehicle open.

Has anybody tried this yet?

I have a 2 door. Ive done it a couple times when I got in some rain. Driven 60-70mph with no issues. You still have 3 out of 4 latches holding each panel.
Sponsored