Sponsored

Question for the 6 limited owners on the forum

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited, 2023 Wrangler 392, 23 X5 M50i
Does your truck have AVS? Mine showed a $395 charge on the sticker under options and has it but the Toyota build page doesn't show it as an option to select or not. In other words it's an "option" that you don't get to choose or not choose.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 Tacoma Limited
I was wondering the same thing?

evlfred

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tundra Plat
Does your truck have AVS? Mine showed a $395 charge on the sticker under options and has it but the Toyota build page doesn't show it as an option to select or not. In other words it's an "option" that you don't get to choose or not choose.
Does your truck have the electrical connection to the shocks?

webshot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Does your "Custom" setting work when changing drive move for your suspension? My screen beeps but nothing changes.

OP
OP
ridetime

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited, 2023 Wrangler 392, 23 X5 M50i
Does your "Custom" setting work when changing drive move for your suspension? My screen beeps but nothing changes.
Same here. I wonder whatā€™s up with that?

iResQ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Limited
I have not figured out how to change my custom mode either. Entertainment screen, settings. Everything defaults to normal, any attempted changes just result in a beep.

jan123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma limited
Same here. The Monroney sticker says AVS installed, but none of the Custom settings (engine, suspension, steering) works. Bu I can tell the difference in ride between Comfort and Sport modes. So AVS seems to work, it's just the Custom Drive mode can not be customized. Since we are all seeing the same problem, it looks like a software bug to me.

Tacomanoob

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Tacoma
I have wires coming out from the shocks. When i turn the wheel to change mode it moves from eco, custom, sports ....

A&P Mech

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tacoma
I'm hoping they will have an update to install/activate the custom mode eventually. Like the steering and acceleration of the sport modes but like the comfort suspension mode for the highway.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
I'm hoping they will have an update to install/activate the custom mode eventually. Like the steering and acceleration of the sport modes but like the comfort suspension mode for the highway.
As someone who will eventually join this group, I've taken an interest in this issue. The owners manual is a bit vague but my take away is that you can only select one type of suspension setting and not combine bits and pieces of each to make your own setup. Perhaps I'm wrong.

A&P Mech

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tacoma
As someone who will eventually join this group, I've taken an interest in this issue. The owners manual is a bit vague but my take away is that you can only select one type of suspension setting and not combine bits and pieces of each to make your own setup. Perhaps I'm wrong.
When going to Custom Mode with the Mode Switch you will see at the top of the Multi-media screen a banner. On the right of the banner it shows Settings. Touching the Settings will display Powertrain, Suspension and Steering links. Powertrain has Power, Normal and Eco. Suspension has Sport, Normal and Comfort. Steering has Sport and Normal. Touching any one of these links will not change the blue dot beside them to the mode you select. Toyota put this there for a reason. Why, I don't know. Hope this helps anyone who has not yet experimented with this feature.

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester & Subaru Ascent
Near as I can tell the build page for the non-hybrid limited is screwed up and missing several options. The hybrid limited build does have it as an option.

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 Limited Taco, ā€˜17 ORP 4Runner, ā€˜18 RAV4
The $395 limited package option was indeed AVS on mine. Havenā€™t tried to play with Custom, but I go back and forth between Comfort and Sport+ and am happy with the suspension for both settings as well a perceived bump in engine performance when in Sport+. Would Love for someone smarter than me to truly explain the differences for each settingā€¦. But Iā€™m very happy with the built in settings.
Sponsored