First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am looking for a little guidance and understanding for when the time comes to actually receive my Bronco and how to prevent a nasty surprise next year.

Ford FAQ states we are not purchasing the Bronco from Ford, this is a purchase from a dealer. Ford has a MSRP (manufacturer suggested retail price) on the Bronco but dealers can charge whatever price they want for it.

This will be my first custom order so I am not clear on the process. When I go to the dealer to make my build I will get the price for the Bronco. My question is simple:

How do I prevent after waiting 9 months when I go to pick up my Bronco and the dealer tells me that i will have to pay an extra $2000 if I want to take it home? Call this $2000 whatever you want, a ADM, fee, charge, premium, markup, adjustment, advertisement fee, first model fee, etc. To say a dealer “should not” ask for money is not preventing the possibility of a surprise. A am guessing the build price is for the Bronco only and is not inclusive of all charges that I would have to pay when all is said and done. They could say yes the Bronco is for MSRP but here is an additional charge I have to pay to the dealer.

Dealers like Granger with a guarantee price are too far from me so in this scenario let’s consider that I have to stay with a local. In Vegas money can come quickly with a simple bet, there are lots of disposable incomes found every day. I would not put it past any dealer to want my Bronco that is sitting on their lot for their quick profit. They just have to make the deal so expensive at the very end that I have to walk away from it thereby releasing it to them.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The only think I can think of is have it put in writing, and both parties sign the document. It's sad that some dealers could/would do something like this, and I understand your concern. I'm wondering how much "earnest" money many are going to ask before the deal is finished. My dealer usually ask for $500 on my special orders.

OP
OP
Megawatt

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Granger Ford will not tack on any "additional" fees of any kind over the $180 DOC and $45 Transit...

You do not have to finance, or force buy accessories.

Your Deal under invoice is just that...
And that's the way it's done. We're looking forward too our road trip to Iowa, and Granger Ford.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am looking for a little guidance and understanding for when the time comes to actually receive my Bronco and how to prevent a nasty surprise next year.

Ford FAQ states we are not purchasing the Bronco from Ford, this is a purchase from a dealer. Ford has a MSRP (manufacturer suggested retail price) on the Bronco but dealers can charge whatever price they want for it.

This will be my first custom order so I am not clear on the process. When I go to the dealer to make my build I will get the price for the Bronco. My question is simple:

How do I prevent after waiting 9 months when I go to pick up my Bronco and the dealer tells me that i will have to pay an extra $2000 if I want to take it home? Call this $2000 whatever you want, a ADM, fee, charge, premium, markup, adjustment, advertisement fee, first model fee, etc. To say a dealer “should not” ask for money is not preventing the possibility of a surprise. A am guessing the build price is for the Bronco only and is not inclusive of all charges that I would have to pay when all is said and done. They could say yes the Bronco is for MSRP but here is an additional charge I have to pay to the dealer.

Dealers like Granger with a guarantee price are too far from me so in this scenario let’s consider that I have to stay with a local. In Vegas money can come quickly with a simple bet, there are lots of disposable incomes found every day. I would not put it past any dealer to want my Bronco that is sitting on their lot for their quick profit. They just have to make the deal so expensive at the very end that I have to walk away from it thereby releasing it to them.
Regardless of what any one person may say here I have expressed multiple times to people to get whatever offer in writing directly from someone who is authorized to do so at that dealership. For my store I have publicly posted my WORK email. This way if I get fired or quit my job those people are protected. As you get closer to the end they should give you a buyer's order that fully breaks every detail out and that should have someone's signature on it. This way if you see something that doesn't add up you have time to question it. Currently you can only get an offer in writing until Ford officially releases invoice pricing on the Broncos. I have emailed several customers and let them know that I will also show them their invoice as well as give them their offer on a buyer's order too. This way for my location everything is clear. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to request and obtain this prior to the final cut off for switching dealers. Remember a dealership can tell you whatever they want to, unless it's in writing it will not hold up. This protects both sides equally.

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

As others have said, the best way to protect yourself is to get a pricing commitment in writing. Even if you have a general commitment in writing (MSRP, No ADM, etc), I would recommend re-confirming the price you will pay once your dealership has submitted your order. We can see the final MSRP when we submit the order, so that would be a logical time to get a firm commitment.

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There's nothing stopping a dealer from adding additional fees on top of the invoice or MSRP, unless you're like Granger and Stephens (the dealer I work for) and maybe a few others that have a signed deal available on our websites, outlining everything.

/john
Sponsored