Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi everyone,

I plan to get fifteen52 wheels - I understand from comments that the ones used on the Overland rig are 0 offset ? Meaning that they stick out more than regular wheels. Does the Overland rig have wider flares or regular flares ? If I put these wheels with my regular flares - I am afraid it will look cheesy. I am ok with the amount of how the tires stick out below (offset?) - but I do not know if these are SASQ flares or regular, I guess that is my real question.

Ford Bronco Question for the smart wheel guys - Fifteen52 as on the overland demo rig 1614975762404
Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At the Super cel east it was reported SAS flairs but everything else was badlands.

and if recall correctly there was also a little rubbage on the wheel well when at full lock.

OP
OP
Broncolli

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At the Super cel east it was reported SAS flairs but everything else was badlands.

and if recall correctly there was also a little rubbage on the wheel well when at full lock.

Do you think the rubbing was just from 35" on the nonlift - or because of the different offset ?

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you think the rubbing was just from 35" on the nonlift - or because of the different offset ?
I think it’s a combo of, you probably could run a 35” with a reasonable offset and no rub, but with this wheel tire combo would need the lift to avoid it.

OP
OP
Broncolli

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it’s a combo of, you probably could run a 35” with a reasonable offset and no rub, but with this wheel tire combo would need the lift to avoid it.
What is Whiskey and Whiskers ? (I make whiskey)

Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is Whiskey and Whiskers ? (I make whiskey)
Nice - I make custom furniture/cabinetry/wood goods. That was the name my wife came up with for my little side hustle! Can see some of my work if you click the Instagram link below my name.
But I’m also a big whiskey fan.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yea I like the overland wheels/tire set up and would like to do that size tire on the stock badlands.

thd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro SS 1/LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am planning to do the same fifteen52 Traverse HD with 35"/36" KO2 tires. Their website says the bolt pattern, offset, & backspace are 6x139.7 ETO, 6x5.5", BS 4.75". The SAS has ET30 but not sure what that translates to in terms of inches to compare to the fifteen52 wheels.

Also when I used an offset calculator I enter 8.5" wheels and 4.75" BS it spits out 0 offset. If I enter 8.5" wheel and 5.5" offset it spits out 4.97" BS. So I am not a wheel guru so I don't know what that means.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe this thread won't get deleted/lost:

per tiresize.com wheel calculator.
Using what I can gather from the Stig shots of the wheels and assuming the Base wheel is the same Ranger wheel, which has been stated elswhere.

16 x 7 = 55mm offset = 6.17" Backspace (Base)
17&18 x 7.5 = 55mm = 6.42" backspace (BB, BD & OBX)
17 x 8 = 55mm offset = 6.67" backspace (Badlands)
17 x 8.5 = 30mm off = 5.93" backspace (Squatch)

I am planning to do the same fifteen52 Traverse HD with 35"/36" KO2 tires. Their website says the bolt pattern, offset, & backspace are 6x139.7 ETO, 6x5.5", BS 4.75". The SAS has ET30 but not sure what that translates to in terms of inches to compare to the fifteen52 wheels.

Also when I used an offset calculator I enter 8.5" wheels and 4.75" BS it spits out 0 offset. If I enter 8.5" wheel and 5.5" offset it spits out 4.97" BS. So I am not a wheel guru so I don't know what that means.
https://tiresize.com/

What is Wheel Offset?
Wheel offset is the distance in millimeters from the center line of the wheel to the mounting surface. If the mounting surface is closer to the face of the wheel it is known to have a positive offset and if the mounting point is closer to the inside of the wheel it has a negative offset. Center or no offset is when the mounting point is directly on the centerline of the wheel.
What is Wheel Backspacing?
Wheel backspacing is the distance in inches from the mounting surface to the inside edge of the wheel. A wheel's width is from the mounting points of the tire beads, therefore the measured width of a wheel from outside edge to outside edge is about an inch wider than spec. An 8" wheel will measure 9" from side to side, this makes converting offset to backspacing not so straight forward. If an 8" wheel has a center offset the backspacing is not 4", it is actually 4.5".

base Badlands vs 315/70-17 on a zero offset wheel.
(Will stick out 2.77" more than factory base Badlands. - see the shadowing to represent the new set up?)

Ford Bronco Question for the smart wheel guys - Fifteen52 as on the overland demo rig 1615848713617

Squatch vs the same 315 on an 0 offset wheel : (will stick out 1.18" more than factory Squatch.
Ford Bronco Question for the smart wheel guys - Fifteen52 as on the overland demo rig 1615848922479

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

https://tiresize.com/

What is Wheel Offset?
Wheel offset is the distance in millimeters from the center line of the wheel to the mounting surface. If the mounting surface is closer to the face of the wheel it is known to have a positive offset and if the mounting point is closer to the inside of the wheel it has a negative offset. Center or no offset is when the mounting point is directly on the centerline of the wheel.
What is Wheel Backspacing?
Wheel backspacing is the distance in inches from the mounting surface to the inside edge of the wheel. A wheel's width is from the mounting points of the tire beads, therefore the measured width of a wheel from outside edge to outside edge is about an inch wider than spec. An 8" wheel will measure 9" from side to side, this makes converting offset to backspacing not so straight forward. If an 8" wheel has a center offset the backspacing is not 4", it is actually 4.5".

base Badlands vs 315/70-17 on a zero offset wheel.
(Will stick out 2.77" more than factory base Badlands. - see the shadowing to represent the new set up?)

Ford Bronco Question for the smart wheel guys - Fifteen52 as on the overland demo rig 1615848922479

Squatch vs the same 315 on an 0 offset wheel : (will stick out 1.18" more than factory Squatch.
@ZackDanger , someone is trading on your turn. 😆😈🤓

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whatever it's worth, I'm trying to stick to 17 x 8.5" wheels with +25 to +35MM offsets for my base Base.
I'll be going with either a 33 (32.7") or 34 (33.8") tire.
285/70-17 or 285/75-17

EDIT: I added all the appropiate wheel dimensions. When it comes to wheels, offsets and backspacing, it's all relevant and/or related.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@ZackDanger , someone is trading on your turn. 😆😈🤓
I've been posting this shit everywhere non-stop here lately. I should just create a HELLER detailed post one freaking time and then qoute the hell out of it.
LOL

I forget who introduced me to tiresize.com, but it was somebody here!
It's my second home here lately.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi everyone,

I plan to get fifteen52 wheels - I understand from comments that the ones used on the Overland rig are 0 offset ? Meaning that they stick out more than regular wheels. Does the Overland rig have wider flares or regular flares ? If I put these wheels with my regular flares - I am afraid it will look cheesy. I am ok with the amount of how the tires stick out below (offset?) - but I do not know if these are SASQ flares or regular, I guess that is my real question.

I have zero offset wheels for mine. One of the comments up there said that there was a little rubbage on this set up as well. These tires are 35's... I'm going 33's Toyo Open Country CT on mine, with the badlands flares... I'm expecting a little bit of poke on this set up with 33's... But there's always the option of wider flares whether that be from Ford or the aftermarket. Also, the zero offset helps in making a much better looking wheel with more concave and or lip. Just a better look imo

Ford Bronco Question for the smart wheel guys - Fifteen52 as on the overland demo rig PSX_20200905_100804

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was told by two of my friends that getting a 0 or even an 18 offset would screw up my scrub radius without a lift. So I have to wait until there are better offsets.
Sponsored