Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a question for the soft top owners. How is the road / wind noise with the soft top? I currently have a order for a A51 BL with the Mod top and I an considering changing to the Soft Top in hopes of getting built this year. I know it will be louder than a hard top, but was wondering if it is real noisy or not.

Thanks.
Sponsored

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

One of the gazillion Bronco revealā€™s Iā€™ve read over the last several days, the professional tester stated that the four-door convertible Bronco was barely louder than a uninsulated mic hard top Bronco at highway speed. With the mannequin Broncos showing up at dealerships this week I would do a online search to see what dealership has received one near you and go test drive it. Keep in mind everybodyā€™s perception is different. Also Ford isnā€™t adding the hard topā€˜s washer and defroster hookup til a bit later for those who decide like you to skip the mic hard top to get their Bronco sooner so you have time to test drive a convertible first.

Noco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Trail Teams edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve had my Badlands since mid November. My soft top is too loud to talk on the phone at highway speeds. You can talk to people standing outside the vehicle without rolling down the windows. I rode in a mic top at Super Cel East this year and it was much quieter.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ve had my Badlands since mid November. My soft top is too loud to talk on the phone at highway speeds. You can talk to people standing outside the vehicle without rolling down the windows. I rode in a mic top at Super Cel East this year and it was much quieter.
Much quieter ...

Ford Bronco Question for the Soft top owners 1641770438608

Sponsored

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Search you tube Bronco soft top. There are many videos that measure decibels and give impressions.

Due51

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's pretty loud in the cabin. Not louder than it'll be when we drop the top in the summer lol.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm coming from a 2018 mazda6, a fairly quiet vehicle on the inside.

I've had my big bend soft top for about 2 weeks now. As far as noise goes, you do hear more traffic noise around you, on the highway you can tell when people are coming up and if your next to a semi it is loud.

That said it's not as bad as some people say. I keep my radio volume at 8 and it's fine, can carry a conversation no problem. I can make phone calls and carry that conversation on the highway between 60 and 70 no problem. Once you get closer to 80 it does get louder but not a deal breaker. Maybe with more aggressive tires it may be worse but with the stock tires on my big bend it's not that bad.

watrboy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy 2500HD 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have had mine for 2 months and it is quieter than I expected. I can talk on the phone and hold a conversation. It is not my Suburban, but then, the Suburban is in another class.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

DarkPony

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F250 Platinum, 97 Porsche 993
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a OBX with soft top, initialy ordered a hard top but wanted my Bronco sooner. I have been super impresed with the soft top, Its quieter than I imagined and the ability to throw it back and open it up on a whim is fantastic. Regular highway driving it isn't loud at all, lately we've had some wind and its noticeable but not loud enough to be an annoyance. It's the best soft top I have had VS my Jeeps. I've already ordered a BL with soft top after 4 months with the OBX.

Mgro

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
[QUOTE="Big Island Bronco ?ā™‚, post: 679322
Also Ford isnā€™t adding the hard topā€˜s washer and defroster hookup til a bit later for those who decide like you to skip the mic hard top to get their Bronco sooner so you have time to test drive a convertible first.
[/QUOTE]
What do you mean by this? I thought Iā€™d you had a soft top order at this point, it came equipped for hard top. I switched because I believed this to be trueā€¦I will be bummed if they arenā€™t doing this yet.

Marsalad

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
[QUOTE="Big Island Bronco ?ā™‚, post: 679322
Also Ford isnā€™t adding the hard topā€˜s washer and defroster hookup til a bit later for those who decide like you to skip the mic hard top to get their Bronco sooner so you have time to test drive a convertible first.
What do you mean by this? I thought Iā€™d you had a soft top order at this point, it came equipped for hard top. I switched because I believed this to be trueā€¦I will be bummed if they arenā€™t doing this yet.
[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember that anything built with a soft top after September 2021 would include the ā€œprep kitā€ as standard. Mine was built in October and it has the rear wiper and rear defrost switches as well as the hook-ups in the cargo area.
Sponsored