Sponsored

Question for those with Soft Top -- is yours 'loose' and rear windows wavy / wrinkled?

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not even close. Super saggy on all three windows. …sadly
FF03A860-6BB1-4597-868A-2F8F55B3523D.jpeg
I understand how many owners may value the ability to fold the top all the way back. For that action the windows need to be flexible and perhaps will always appear wavy. However, I believe some owners would opt for rigid windows. You lose the flexibility but gain a different look. With all the after-market companies someone must have this issue on their radar.
Sponsored

CSRedDragon

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I understand how many owners may value the ability to fold the top all the way back. For that action the windows need to be flexible and perhaps will always appear wavy. However, I believe some owners would opt for rigid windows. You lose the flexibility but gain a different look. With all the after-market companies someone must have this issue on their radar.
I agree. Since all the windows need to be removed to drop the top down, I don’t see why rigid glass wouldn’t work. I don’t care about losing use of the prop rod. It’s not that convenient anyways.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I agree. Since all the windows need to be removed to drop the top down, I don’t see why rigid glass wouldn’t work. I don’t care about losing use of the prop rod. It’s not that convenient anyways.
Maybe one of the forum members who work at a Ford dealership will comment on the possibility to stocking in their parts department replacement windows for the soft top which are rigid and not wavy. I see an opportunity. ;)
@Zach@Granger @Cincykyle1020 @flip @Gloff

Sponsored

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Maybe one of the forum members who work at a Ford dealership will comment on the possibility to stocking in their parts department replacement windows for the soft top which are rigid and not wavy. I see an opportunity. ;)
@Zach@Granger @Cincykyle1020 @flip @Gloff
I'd have no issue with that, need a supplier to come up with it first.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To fold it all the way back, all three windows have to be removed.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No, but they make an aftermarket version called the TrekTop. I'll be getting one for my two door.
Do you happen to know if the Bestop TrekTops (4Door and 2Door) are currently available? If so, can you only order them through a Ford dealer?

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If the side release clasps had a strap tightener on one end you might get some of the slack out of the windows. Not much room but it might work.

Sponsored

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you happen to know if the Bestop TrekTops (4Door and 2Door) are currently available? If so, can you only order them through a Ford dealer?
I think they're only available through the dealership right now. I just ordered mine, my parts guy said about a month to get it.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not real certain about glass glass surrounded by the cloth, maybe a rigid one but then you would need to lock out the rear tilt mechanism. Not the end of the world but something that needs to be considered and would limit the easy rear access. Yes, Johnny rain cloud here.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m not real certain about glass glass surrounded by the cloth, maybe a rigid one but then you would need to lock out the rear tilt mechanism. Not the end of the world but something that needs to be considered and would limit the easy rear access. Yes, Johnny rain cloud here.
I'll take the rear access any day over a non-wrinkled window. The wrinkles just don't bother me at all.

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry guys I'm going to enjoy the soft top no matter what right now. Wavy windows, whatever. From the hard top woes I'm hearing, I'm going to be more satisfied until this hard top stuff is rectified. Can't wait for my soft top. I have mirrors lol
Sponsored