• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 10, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 10, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Texas Question on Camera-Screen setup to drive in Right-Hand-Drive Countries

Thomman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Cooper S, 2012 Skoda Yeti, 2018 Tiger 800
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Build: BL/4DR/MT/High/MIC/Tow. Reserved 07/14/20, but now been pushed to MY22. Final order placed with dealer on 10/19/21, no news on build date yet.

My Plan: Assuming I get my Bronco sometime in 2022, I want to take a long drive over to Europe and then to Asia, Africa, and back, beginning sometime in 2023. Along the way, I’ll be driving through several countries where they keep to the left side of the road. Vehicles sold in these countries have their steering wheel on the right side (Right-Hand-Drive or RHD), allowing the driver to peer around the vehicle in front, which is especially useful when you are driving on single-lane roads and need to judge oncoming traffic if you want to pass the vehicle in front.

My Question: Since the Bronco is Left-Hand-Drive (LHD), I plan to install a camera on the right-side mirror facing traffic and then feed it to a screen in the Bronco that’ll allow me to see around the vehicle in front when I drive in RHD countries. Instead of installing a second screen on the Bronco's dash, I’m wondering if I could feed the video from the external camera onto the center screen on the Bronco (since my High package will give me a nice 12” screen).
Does anyone have any ideas how to do this, or whether there are any after-market options for this?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be an entirely aftermarket solution.

The Bronco disables the camera system once you go over a certain speed for safety reasons--20 MPH if I recall correctly.

It's probably possible, but it's not going to be a plug-n-play setup.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Build: BL/4DR/MT/High/MIC/Tow. Reserved 07/14/20, but now been pushed to MY22. Final order placed with dealer on 10/19/21, no news on build date yet.

My Plan: Assuming I get my Bronco sometime in 2022, I want to take a long drive over to Europe and then to Asia, Africa, and back, beginning sometime in 2023. Along the way, I’ll be driving through several countries where they keep to the left side of the road. Vehicles sold in these countries have their steering wheel on the right side (Right-Hand-Drive or RHD), allowing the driver to peer around the vehicle in front, which is especially useful when you are driving on single-lane roads and need to judge oncoming traffic if you want to pass the vehicle in front.

My Question: Since the Bronco is Left-Hand-Drive (LHD), I plan to install a camera on the right-side mirror facing traffic and then feed it to a screen in the Bronco that’ll allow me to see around the vehicle in front when I drive in RHD countries. Instead of installing a second screen on the Bronco's dash, I’m wondering if I could feed the video from the external camera onto the center screen on the Bronco (since my High package will give me a nice 12” screen).
Does anyone have any ideas how to do this, or whether there are any after-market options for this?
I don't think this will be necessary, but its user preference. I've driven in places with every combination of steering wheel location/side of the road you can think of.. There are a few that use LHD cars but drive on the left.. Same thing you'll be experiencing, basically. You pass traffic on the blind side of the car.

Its a little frightening at first, but you adapt rather quickly typically. Remembering the traffic laws and how the flow of traffic works is far more important, and I would devote my time to that.

But to answer your question, yes.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...imedia-input-box-and-simple-dash-mount.24719/

Essentially, do what this person did and you'll be able to use your center screen as a display.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with the above suggestion. A MMD plugged in and using the screen in place of sync 4 is the first step. Next you would need to find a camera that can input to the device and an app that supports the camera. Maybe an old cell phone mounted inside on the far right of the windshield can be connected as a live camera to the MMD.

Rat

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr Bronco Wildtrak, 22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I also agree, I have been stationed overseas for years (4 Japan / 9 Germany / last 9 in the UK ) last two owned US spec vehicles as my daily driver. It is truly personal preference but either way, you will be sorted.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Thomman

Thomman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Cooper S, 2012 Skoda Yeti, 2018 Tiger 800
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think this will be necessary, but its user preference. I've driven in places with every combination of steering wheel location/side of the road you can think of.. There are a few that use LHD cars but drive on the left.. Same thing you'll be experiencing, basically. You pass traffic on the blind side of the car.

Its a little frightening at first, but you adapt rather quickly typically. Remembering the traffic laws and how the flow of traffic works is far more important, and I would devote my time to that.

But to answer your question, yes.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...imedia-input-box-and-simple-dash-mount.24719/

Essentially, do what this person did and you'll be able to use your center screen as a display.
Thanks much to all - particular to @Theherofails. This should work, with a little bit of wiring chicanery.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks much to all - particular to @Theherofails. This should work, with a little bit of wiring chicanery.
Once you get that far, I’m happy to see what we can figure out if you need any help. Sounds like a fun project.
14A5F5B5-3AD6-46F9-8BD4-60782B9AA485.jpeg

Something small and USB like this makes the whole ordeal plug and play. Now the only challenge is running the cable and mounting the camera.

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would not trust this vehicle for a Tour of Europe...
Sponsored