Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Like many of you, I have a July 14th reservation. At my current dealer I am within their 30% allocation allotment and set to be getting a 2021 MY Bronco (BD, 4 Door, 2.3L, Auto). After getting information from dealer on their pricing I want to do my due diligence and see if any other dealers are willing to beat their pricing. Though my dealer's offer isn't bad, if someone were able to offer a significantly better deal I'd have to strongly consider it. I've searched around and still can't find a clear answer on how switching dealers at this point will effect my reservation. If I switch dealers do I get bumped to the back of their allocation line regardless of timestamp? I know I likely don't jump people already in their allocation limit, but does the reservation timestamp come back into play to put me towards the front of their line after allocations are handled?

Likely, if I am switching dealers, am I looking at significantly longer wait? Just want to better understand so I can weigh potential value of price decrease vs wait increase.
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like many of you, I have a July 14th reservation. At my current dealer I am within their 30% allocation allotment and set to be getting a 2021 MY Bronco (BD, 4 Door, 2.3L, Auto). After getting information from dealer on their pricing I want to do my due diligence and see if any other dealers are willing to beat their pricing. Though my dealer's offer isn't bad, if someone were able to offer a significantly better deal I'd have to strongly consider it. I've searched around and still can't find a clear answer on how switching dealers at this point will effect my reservation. If I switch dealers do I get bumped to the back of their allocation line regardless of timestamp? I know I likely don't jump people already in their allocation limit, but does the reservation timestamp come back into play to put me towards the front of their line after allocations are handled?

Likely, if I am switching dealers, am I looking at significantly longer wait? Just want to better understand so I can weigh potential value of price decrease vs wait increase.
Your timestamp stays with you no matter what dealership you go with. But I have heard that some dealerships aren't allowing people to transfer to them and bump people from their allocations

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your timestamp stays with you no matter what dealership you go with. But I have heard that some dealerships aren't allowing people to transfer to them and bump people from their allocations

which isn't exactly smart because if your number of reservations stays the same, but other dealers' increases, you could actually lose allocation in the final estimate in march... there are only so many... it's in every dealer's interest (and their customers) to get as many orders as possible. The original allocation was only an estimate. It will be recalculated after orders are all placed. (from my understanding)

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Time stamps are global but play a roll towards the ranking of only the other reservation holders are at whatever dealer your reservation is at.

Meaning.... whatever dealer you switch to, your reservation time stamp is ranked against everyone else there. So you could be at the front of the line at one dealer, and the back at another, all depending on the other people there.

So with an early reservation, you will no doubt be cutting in front of people already at the dealer... but don't feel bad about that because you were technically always in front of them anyway because you made your reservation earlier than they did. (Also why there is a hard date for when MY21 orders must be in, because that's when these rankings are actually considered... it's not like someone has a Bronco coming now and then wont after you transfer... only once orders close will our estimations on delivery will be told to us.)

All that said... there are some dealers who are publicly stating that new transfers in, irrespective of their time stamp, will go to the end of the line at their dealership.

It's not clear exactly how the dealerships intend to execute this policy... but the fact that they are willing to announce it publicly suggests they are comfortable in their position.

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Time stamps are global but play a roll towards the ranking of only the other reservation holders are at whatever dealer your reservation is at.

Meaning.... whatever dealer you switch to, your reservation time stamp is ranked against everyone else there. So you could be at the front of the line at one dealer, and the back at another, all depending on the other people there.

So with an early reservation, you will no doubt be cutting in front of people already at the dealer... but don't feel bad about that because you were technically always in front of them anyway because you made your reservation earlier than they did. (Also why there is a hard date for when MY21 orders must be in, because that's when these rankings are actually considered... it's not like someone has a Bronco coming now and then wont after you transfer... only once orders close will our estimations on delivery will be told to us.)

All that said... there are some dealers who are publicly stating that new transfers in, irrespective of their time stamp, will go to the end of the line at their dealership.

It's not clear exactly how the dealerships intend to execute this policy... but the fact that they are willing to announce it publicly suggests they are comfortable in their position.
The only way for a dealer to do that would be to either not submit your order or in some way adjust your priority??? Still thought that the reservation time stamp would overrule if there are no commodity constraints.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only way for a dealer to do that would be to either not submit your order or in some way adjust your priority??? Still thought that the reservation time stamp would overrule if there are no commodity constraints.
Yeah... I know... this has been hotly debated around the forum... and all I can say is that some dealer's are openly advertising that this is their plan... so there must be something there.

Not sure if it's just using priority to slightly nudge but really Ford scheduling and supply will overrule, and therefore it's lip service by the dealer to appease customers... or whether they are going to sit on orders and not convert them until other people receive their deliveries first.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought it had been posted here that the priority codes a dealer assigns will not matter when it comes to ordering Broncos (I need to confirm this)? I also don't think a dealer has a way of denying people transferring a reservation. Certainly they are not going to call Ford and tell them to put a stop on transfers to their dealership. A dealership could simply just not convert a newly transferred reservation but that would also hurt their final allocation numbers. I could seem them telling the un-educated buyer that there is no way they are getting a MY21 and they need to wait for MY22 but that won't work on people here.

Jmor

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The dealers around here play dumb and act confused when you ask about allocation dealer percentage and if I'm under there initial allotment size. You wouldn't transfer until you have all that info especially if they wont put it in writing. Good luck in being able to make a documented informed decision..
Sponsored