Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m still getting used to the dash layout and had a question on the “gauges” screen.

I noticed the transmission temp gauge is sort of skewed to the right compared to the engine temp gauge and I don’t get why that is.

The pic shows both engine and trans at the same temp…but the transmission temp needle is way farther to the right heading red. I haven’t done any long trips in yet but it seems 185 where it seems to sit a lot so I would expect the gauge to be a lot more centered…it makes it look like it’s on the hot side.

Probably no big deal but sort of freaks me out having it so close to the red when it climbs to 190ish.

IMG_0474.jpeg
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m still getting used to the dash layout and had a question on the “gauges” screen.

I noticed the transmission temp gauge is sort of skewed to the right compared to the engine temp gauge and I don’t get why that is.

The pic shows both engine and trans at the same temp…but the transmission temp needle is way farther to the right heading red. I haven’t done any long trips in yet but it seems 185 where it seems to sit a lot so I would expect the gauge to be a lot more centered…it makes it look like it’s on the hot side.

Probably no big deal but sort of freaks me out having it so close to the red when it climbs to 190ish.

IMG_0474.jpeg
Normal operating temperature for both are different, so even though they’re the same temperature, the gauge reading will seem different.

That gauge display is very deceiving, switch to the individual ones to get a better idea of the temperature in relation to the cold/hot side range of each

OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the tip! I’ll check out the other screens to see how the temps read.

I really appreciate all the knowledge you share with folks on the board!!
Sponsored