Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I might just have to YOLO a little and get both.
Well, extrapolating a bit more: I have both. I love the engine and if I could I'd downgrade to high or mid and get some money back.

If you have to scrimp, let the doo-dads go and keep the power. It's what really matters, bottom line.
Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It sounds like you want both. Get both. If you’re sweating 2K on this large of a purchase you probably shouldn’t purchase the vehicle anyway. Just get them both.

Squatch This

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee 4Dr V6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I might just have to YOLO a little and get both.
If you can find a way to swing both, good for you. Really hope you are able to, if that makes you happy and eases your dilemma. However, should you come back down off that floaty cloud and again find yourself having to make a tough choice, go with the bigger engine. "I wish I hadn't bought the bigger engine" - said no one ever. I don't know of anyone who ever bought a bigger engine and regretted that choice. It just doesn't happen. However, the opposite does. A bigger engine gives you more power for all of your systems, means your vehicle holds more value in the long run as well and is seen as more desirable. That pricey B & O sound system, not so much. There are so many examples in these forums and on You Tube of folks easily upgrading the stock stereo systems, getting great audio quality, and for a whole lot less money. So that really only leaves the ACC as a question. Only you know what is best for your situation but, looking in totality at the bigger investment choice picture, I cannot possibly fathom that the ACC is as valuable as the upgrade to the 2.7L engine. Good Luck to you. Let us know which way you decide to go.

Last edited:

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I’m stuck between choosing the 2.7l engine or the LUX package. I currently have a 4 dr OBX Sasquatch with cloth seats.

I really want the adaptive cruise control because I take a lot of road trips but I also want the more engine power.
I did test a 2.3l 4 dr Big bend non-sas and it did get moving. Any advice or opinions are appreciated. And unfortunately I cannot get both. Pushing my budget a bit here already ;)
BIG ENGINE - A Bronco is a machine. The machine has an engine and 4 wheels it drives. Skimping on the engine is skimping on the essence of the machine. You've wisely chosen the other critical element, Sasquatch, with the big tires and suspension system.

Don't be a fool and go for extra bells and whistles and sacrifice what the vehicle is all about.

OP
OP
Gavin39

Gavin39

Outer Banks
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you can find a way to swing both, good for you. Really hope you are able to, if that makes you happy and eases your dilemma. However, should you come back down off that floaty cloud and again find yourself having to make a tough choice, go with the bigger engine. "I wish I hadn't bought the bigger engine" - said no one ever. I don't know of anyone who ever bought a bigger engine and regretted that choice. It just doesn't happen. However, the opposite does. A bigger engine gives you more power for all of your systems, means your vehicle holds more value in the long run as well and is seen as more desirable. That pricey B & O sound system, not so much. There are so many examples in these forums and on You Tube of folks easily upgrading the stock stereo systems, getting great audio quality, and for a whole lot less money. So that really only leaves the ACC as a question. Only you know what is best for your situation but, looking in totality at the bigger investment choice picture, I cannot possibly fathom that the ACC is as valuable as the upgrade to the 2.7L engine. Good Luck to you. Let us know which way you decide to go.
I completely agree with you and this was my original thought as well. I think I’m gonna change up everything and go non-sas Lux 2.7 and then add aftermarket rims and tires when it’s time to replace them. Along with the new 3.5 inch lift from rough country. I’m not an extreme off-road guy and this thing will see mud more then anything. So I think that will be my sacrifice. I can always add a lift and tires, can’t easily replace the engine or add adaptive cruise control. Don’t really need a front locker, and if I’m going with more power, the gearing will equal out. I’m not a big mechanic guy so I assume that’s how that works.

this also allows me to personalize my rims to make it different.

originally I was going to install my own sound system. I like aftermarket speakers more anyway but if B&O can prevent me paying for aftermarket then it’ll do for now. I will probably replace/add the subwoofer eventually though.

Sponsored

Squatch This

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee 4Dr V6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I completely agree with you and this was my original thought as well. I think I’m gonna change up everything and go non-sas Lux 2.7 and then add aftermarket rims and tires when it’s time to replace them. Along with the new 3.5 inch lift from rough country. I’m not an extreme off-road guy and this thing will see mud more then anything. So I think that will be my sacrifice. I can always add a lift and tires, can’t easily replace the engine or add adaptive cruise control. Don’t really need a front locker, and if I’m going with more power, the gearing will equal out. I’m not a big mechanic guy so I assume that’s how that works.

this also allows me to personalize my rims to make it different.

originally I was going to install my own sound system. I like aftermarket speakers more anyway but if B&O can prevent me paying for aftermarket then it’ll do for now. I will probably replace/add the subwoofer eventually though.
It's never easy. I think you've made a wise decision and have elected the key features you really need right now. They suit your unique driving wants and needs, will afford plenty of power, capability and comfort and will help your investment hold value in the long run. The other "wants", as you have pointed out, can come in due time and on your terms, as your means and schedule permit.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didn’t really feel with issues with the 2.3l when I drove

The transmission was confused for sure, the car wasn't bad acceleration wise but wasn't good too, big engine is $1900 extra, I feel like it is money well spent, I have High on mine but if I had to choose between lux and 2.3 or base and V6, I'll get the V6.
It's a big car, you can tolerate a lot of things but underpowered car.

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can I offer an alternative?

Get both? Drop the sasquatch.

The lift + wheels is the easiest option to do later. Get the motor and tech from factory.

OP
OP
Gavin39

Gavin39

Outer Banks
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can I offer an alternative?

Get both? Drop the sasquatch.

The lift + wheels is the easiest option to do later. Get the motor and tech from factory.
You hit it right on the head, I came to that conclusion about an hour ago. I’m gonna get the advanced 4x4 still with the 4.27 gearing in the OBX then upgrade tires and lift later. Feels like the easiest solution

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I’m stuck between choosing the 2.7l engine or the LUX package. I currently have a 4 dr OBX Sasquatch with cloth seats.

I really want the adaptive cruise control because I take a lot of road trips but I also want the more engine power.
I did test a 2.3l 4 dr Big bend non-sas and it did get moving. Any advice or opinions are appreciated. And unfortunately I cannot get both. Pushing my budget a bit here already ;)
Go for the engine and just keep proper following distance, not that hard. Adaptive is really not needed unless you sleep at the wheel lots. Or, do what harperrb said.
Sponsored