Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just checked, my CU has 2.49% 60 months 2.74% 72 months. It is very hard to guess where rates will be in 9 months, but it looks like we will see rates stay low though 2021. Assuming a $45K out the door price (Z plan for me, this should buy what I want) and $10K down payment, that is about $620 a month for 60 months at 2.5%. Say rates go way up. 6% is about $670. Roughly $3k over 5 years in additional interest. I have not taken the entire term of an auto loan to pay a vehicle off in a long time, but I generally take the longest term I can at the lowest available rate. Right now that would be 2.49% at 60 months. I usually round up to the next $100 payment wise ( if its $560, I pay or direct deposit $600) and when when I get a bonus, sell something, come into some $ I throw that at the loan too. That usually knocks a couple of years off, but I always have the lower payment option if I run into other expenses. I have also recently leased several vehicles, because in the Detroit market, they seem to dump vehicles through attractive lease deals and I have looked at it every way and I cant beat the F150 lease specials they have run for the last 6 years. Not for everyone, but I really enjoyed a new truck every two years and tried out lot's of options including the 2.7L EB, 10Sp Auto, Coyote V8, Nav, Panoramic Roof, electronic locker (3.73 and 3.55 ratios) each time, looking at the buy out, thinking I might buy it if the price was right. No your numbers, keep your credit excellent and know what you are getting into and all is good!

BigDog

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Am I missing something here or did something change in the last few years where good interest rates from Ford are super hard to get? The last fords I bought (2012 and 2016)I got 0% for 36 months and 0% of 60 months and the 0 for 60 that was with putting hardly anything down. I just jumped on Ford's site now and see

Now I know this is for the end of a sales event but I see

0 for 72 on F-150, Expedition, Explorer
0 for 66 on Fusion
0.9 for 66 on Escape
Yes I agree. My last 3 Fords were all 0% and I just bought a $55,000 F150 8 months ago and got 0%. All through Ford Credit.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes I agree. My last 3 Fords were all 0% and I just bought a $55,000 F150 8 months ago and got 0%. All through Ford Credit.
Ok glad I am not the only one that had good rates from Ford credit recently

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good news for you--you misread Navy Fed's rate. It's 2.29% for 72 months. :)
Well then, Bring on the "High Package" then!

w00t!

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok glad I am not the only one that had good rates from Ford credit recently
The difference is that the vehicles you bought were not in high demand and may have even had last-model-year incentives. The Bronco will not fit that criteria. Ford doesn't do 0% or similar financing on it's best-selling vehicles. For example, when Ford was offering 0% for 72 months on the Mustang earlier this year, the Shelby GT350 was excluded. If we're beating down the door to give them our money, why do they need to give up money to sell a Bronco?

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The difference is that the vehicles you bought were not in high demand and may have even had last-model-year incentives. The Bronco will not fit that criteria. Ford doesn't do 0% or similar financing on it's best-selling vehicles. For example, when Ford was offering 0% for 72 months on the Mustang earlier this year, the Shelby GT350 was excluded. If we're beating down the door to give them our money, why do they need to give up money to sell a Bronco?
While I agree off the bat Bronco isn't going to have say 0 for 60 or 0 for 72 I expect it to be right inline with other Ford vehicles. The reason they excluded the GT350/500 from that promotion is they are limited edition vehicles. Those are the ones ford never gives special financing on. From what I read, they plan on pumping out in the neighborhood of 200K broncos, not exactly limited

F-150 is fords best selling vehicle and it has 0 for 72 currently and as far as I can tell always has aggressive financing. When we bought our Explorer in 2016 Ford sold 248K in 16. It was probably their 3rd or 4th best selling vehicle.

Literally the only Ford vehicles (besides commercial vehicles) that don't have 0 for 60 right now are the Escape Mustang and ranger and they are all at 0.9 for 60

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I agree off the bat Bronco isn't going to have say 0 for 60 or 0 for 72 I expect it to be right inline with other Ford vehicles. The reason they excluded the GT350/500 from that promotion is they are limited edition vehicles. Those are the ones ford never gives special financing on. From what I read, they plan on pumping out in the neighborhood of 200K broncos, not exactly limited

F-150 is fords best selling vehicle and it has 0 for 72 currently and as far as I can tell always has aggressive financing. When we bought our Explorer in 2016 Ford sold 248K in 16. It was probably their 3rd or 4th best selling vehicle.

Literally the only Ford vehicles (besides commercial vehicles) that don't have 0 for 60 right now are the Escape Mustang and ranger and they are all at 0.9 for 60
I mentioned the Shelby as an example. It's not just limited-run vehicles that don't get special financing, it's the popular in-demand trim levels of everyday vehicles. F-150 might be the #1 selling vehicle, but Ford wants it to remain that way and regularly offers financing deals on some of the trim levels of the F-150 to help sell more units. The Raptor is not one of those. Whenever a new model arrives, initially there are no incentives, and even later there won't be incentives on special models, like the STs, at least until the popularity wanes.

Just look at it from this perspective. If you can sell all of the products you can make at a specific price, why would you lower the price to sell the same number of products? Until Ford can supply Broncos for dealer stock, there is no reason to offer any financial incentive. Not even 0.9%. The finance rates at best will be the same as what could be obtained elsewhere.

To wrap this up, I'll repeat what I said to someone else (can't recall if it is this thread or another): One can expect special cut-rate financing and be disappointed if it doesn't happen or one can expect no special financing and be happy if it does happen. I'm in the latter group.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think we will just have to agree to disagree. We can go back and forth over semantics but I don't think anyone wants to read that haha
Sponsored