Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I really dont know to put this, so apologies if its in the wrong section... So essentially I saw that there was rear flip up glass on the bronco and that it looked like it locked up at 90 degrees or so. My question is that if I have longer items such as 2x4's or something of similiar length, will i be able to have it hang out the back where the rear glass is, or would driving break it when it is angled out? I know if I took of the top I could, but I really don't wanna take the top off for a lowes run, then put it back on when i unload everything. Im sure i can squeeze it in with the windows closed like I do in my focus, but it is not a fun experiance, and with a manual i suspect it would be near impossible. And with all the buttons in the regular sync focuses, a wood chip is begging to get lodged in one of them so they continue to rewind your current song, ask me how I know. :) I have never had any experience with the rear glass that angles up or anything, so I was hoping I could get some input from people who do.
Sponsored

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really dont know to put this, so apologies if its in the wrong section... So essentially I saw that there was rear flip up glass on the bronco and that it looked like it locked up at 90 degrees or so. My question is that if I have longer items such as 2x4's or something of similiar length, will i be able to have it hang out the back where the rear glass is, or would driving break it when it is angled out? I know if I took of the top I could, but I really don't wanna take the top off for a lowes run, then put it back on when i unload everything. Im sure i can squeeze it in with the windows closed like I do in my focus, but it is not a fun experiance, and with a manual i suspect it would be near impossible. And with all the buttons in the regular sync focuses, a wood chip is begging to get lodged in one of them so they continue to rewind your current song, ask me how I know. :) I have never had any experience with the rear glass that angles up or anything, so I was hoping I could get some input from people who do.
I've always felt vehicles serve a specific purpose. Just like tools, sure you can use a framing hammer to put up the new crown molding in your house, but come on. That said, there's always a way around
Ford Bronco Question regarding rear flip up glass. Screenshot_20200915-224054_Chrome

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've always felt vehicles serve a specific purpose. Just like tools, sure you can use a framing hammer to put up the new crown molding in your house, but come on. That said, there's always a way around
Ford Bronco Question regarding rear flip up glass. Screenshot_20200915-224054_Chrome
I don’t think he was looking for a $800 recommendation.

OP
OP
Trustable

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah i definitely am considering a trailer, but the amount i would need to carry longer items I dont know if it would be worth it. Also, ive never towed anything in my life, so I dont want to be that guy who forgets to account for the extra length of a trailer.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

04B65569-665F-40A0-A864-8DA61997116D.jpeg

This is the way I understand it to work, should be just like the Wrangler so you should be fine to stick some dimensional lumber in there that hangs out a bit.

Sponsored

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Plus the $600 towing package

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've done it in other vehicles , no problem. You can secure the window so it doesn't flop around, but it shouldn't with the riser.

Get the racks, problem solved and still room for the pup... (y)

OP
OP
Trustable

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford Bronco Question regarding rear flip up glass. 04B65569-665F-40A0-A864-8DA61997116D

This is the way I understand it to work, should be just like the Wrangler so you should be fine to stick some dimensional lumber in there that hangs out a bit.
Thank you! I was trying to compare to the wrangler, but every time i searched up does the wrangler have flip up glass nothing would come up except how to remove it entirely :ROFLMAO:

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've had this debate since the release of the bronco. I too consider a trailer but it doesn't really work for me because I don't have a place to store it except in my backyard. Which is fine except I have a block wall with just a walk gate to get into the yard. Harbor freight has a folding trailer with casters that would be perfect except I doubt casters roll on gravel too well...

I'm hoping the glass will be relatively easy to just remove. If it's just a couple of bolts it should only take 2-3 minutes and some care to not drop the glass. I feel that's the safest. I had a work pickup with a topper on it and I drove around a field site (under 20 mph) with the topper open on a windy day. It bent the mounts and never closed properly after that. I REALLY don't want that to happen on the bronco. My 4runner has a rolldown back window which is ideal, it's not as good as a pickup but darn close and I've never had a problem hauling however much lumber I want either.

Sponsored
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 2011 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been wondering this same thing, except for I’d be dealing with fishing rods. Yes, I know about the tube things you can mount to the top of the vehicle for fishing rods, but they are ugly as all hell.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you! I was trying to compare to the wrangler, but every time i searched up does the wrangler have flip up glass nothing would come up except how to remove it entirely :ROFLMAO:
I was also surprised how long it took to find a picture of a Jeep with the back glass flipped up. End of the day you should be fine.

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve been wondering this same thing, except for I’d be dealing with fishing rods. Yes, I know about the tube things you can mount to the top of the vehicle for fishing rods, but they are ugly as all hell.
I feel like I've seen some that mount to the underside of your roof? It was for a different vehichle and I may have just imagined it.

Also have you seen the outerbanks "fishing guide"? :ROFLMAO: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...banks-fishing-guide-accessories-concept.3821/

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Question regarding rear flip up glass. 04B65569-665F-40A0-A864-8DA61997116D

Pop out the front roof panels and let them hang out front. I was doing a project last year and I had 12 foot shiplap boards sticking out through the sun roof on my Edge so I could close the hatch.

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 2011 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like I've seen some that mount to the underside of your roof? It was for a different vehichle and I may have just imagined it.

Also have you seen the outerbanks "fishing guide"? :ROFLMAO: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...banks-fishing-guide-accessories-concept.3821/
Oh yeah, I think I’ve seen that before- good call, I’ll look into it!
That Outerbanks rod setup was the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen - I knew someone would bring it up lol!
Sponsored