Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
  • Banned
I put in my Big Bend order on Jan 12th. I kept it simple so I could hopefully not end up waiting a year (or more) because of commodities. I don't think I'm guaranteed a quick build date, but I have been seeing some people on this board get build dates within a month or two after ordering.

I realize a lot of people who ordered way before me have waited much longer, and I'm ok with waiting if commodities and supply chain messes are holding up the vehicle getting to me quicker. If it takes a year...fine. But I'm wondering if dealer allocation can throw a wrench into the process. If I get a build date and the Bronco is ready but my dealer doesn't have the allocation, what happens to that vehicle? Or could it just sit around waiting for my dealer to get a slot open for months (or years)?
Sponsored

BrotaryEngine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If I get a build date and the Bronco is ready but my dealer doesn't have the allocation
If you get a build date and the Bronco is ready then it means the dealer had an allocation.

If the dealer doesn't have an allocation then it won't get scheduled or built. Simple as that.

OP
OP
adrencg

adrencg

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
  • Banned
If you get a build date and the Bronco is ready then it means the dealer had an allocation.

If the dealer doesn't have an allocation then it won't get scheduled or built. Simple as that.

Thanks. That's an answer to a question I didn't ask, but it makes the ones I did ask redundant.

Makes sense now...If I don't hear anything for months and months, given my order is pretty straightforward then the hold up is probably my dealer.

glamosaurus

Base
First Name
Hope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealer won't tell me what their allocation is. Why would they withhold that info?

utah.bronco.badlands

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer won't tell me what their allocation is. Why would they withhold that info?
Because if they tell people, then people make judgements about "that's not enough", they potentially lose business.

Sponsored

glamosaurus

Base
First Name
Hope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I see. I mean, I've waited over a year and wouldn't change dealers at this point, but I guess that makes sense for people looking to order. Thanks!

Broncoder

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Several people have commented that Ford has specifically directed dealers to not share their allocation numbers.
Based on how little Ford wants the public to know about what's going on, this is almost certainly true. As a publicly-traded company, they don't want to reveal any info that could negatively impact their valuation. Just my opinion.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I put in my Big Bend order on Jan 12th. I kept it simple so I could hopefully not end up waiting a year (or more) because of commodities. I don't think I'm guaranteed a quick build date, but I have been seeing some people on this board get build dates within a month or two after ordering.

I realize a lot of people who ordered way before me have waited much longer, and I'm ok with waiting if commodities and supply chain messes are holding up the vehicle getting to me quicker. If it takes a year...fine. But I'm wondering if dealer allocation can throw a wrench into the process. If I get a build date and the Bronco is ready but my dealer doesn't have the allocation, what happens to that vehicle? Or could it just sit around waiting for my dealer to get a slot open for months (or years)?
First comment is accurate, if it gets a build date, then the dealer had allocation and it will get built. But also worth finding out what your priority code is on your DORA sheet (top right) and make sure it’s 10-19 code. If not, ask your dealer to change.

Sponsored

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lol. Yeah, Levine does that. He responds to criticism about allocations by saying talk to your dealer, they have the info, while Ford tells dealers not to share it.

Just like he did about transferring reservations. It was pretty funny to see his post about how people could transfer dealers and demand signed price agreements with the pages of comments that it was impossible. Ford customer service reps were literally saying not to listen to Levine.

OP
OP
adrencg

adrencg

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
First comment is accurate, if it gets a build date, then the dealer had allocation and it will get built. But also worth finding out what your priority code is on your DORA sheet (top right) and make sure it’s 10-19 code. If not, ask your dealer to change.
It's a 19.

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's a 19.
10 is highest priority for a retail build at any dealership, 19 is lowest, ask them to change it to 10. All things being equal…if some guy came in today and ordered your exact build, disregarding commodity constraints/allocations, and he has a 10 and you have a 19, his is gonna get pulled to get built first.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol. Yeah, Levine does that. He responds to criticism about allocations by saying talk to your dealer, they have the info, while Ford tells dealers not to share it.

Just like he did about transferring reservations. It was pretty funny to see his post about how people could transfer dealers and demand signed price agreements with the pages of comments that it was impossible. Ford customer service reps were literally saying not to listen to Levine.
Yep he's a fun one to follow. Everything he says, assume it's going to be the opposite lol.
Sponsored

Reactions: sjp