Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch, 2005 HD springer,2010 sporty
Your Bronco Model
Base
hello
I had made a reservation in July of 21 but did not put in an order. The dealer put the order in with out my knowledge. I did not find out until I went to my account on the Ford site. There is no longer a mention of the reservation date, however the order date is the same as the reservation date.

My question is Is there a meaniful difference if I had placed the order as opposed to the dealer. Does it make a difference as to when I might receive my Bronco ? TIA
Ford Bronco questions about my reservation changed to Ordering with the dealer instore
Sponsored

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hello
I had made a reservation in July of 21 but did not put in an order. The dealer put the order in with out my knowledge. I did not find out until I went to my account on the Ford site. There is no longer a mention of the reservation date, however the order date is the same as the reservation date.

My question is Is there a meaniful difference if I had placed the order as opposed to the dealer. Does it make a difference as to when I might receive my Bronco ? TIA
Ford Bronco questions about my reservation changed to Ordering with the dealer instore
As I understand it, you cannot directly order your bronco with ford. If you are to order it, your dealer would have to submit it. However - what you (actually the dealer, by proxy) can order is different than what you may have necessarily reserved, you should ask for the order DORA - the written configuration of your order.

If you're going to wait, you want to make sure you're waiting on what you want. However, at this point (as of 9/30/21) all 2021 orders are locked in, and you cannot change. The MY22 order banks open on 10/13/21 so you may have an opportunity to re-order at that time, assuming you don't get scheduled for production before then.

Bottom line - get your dealer on the horn and try to get some clarification.

Good luck!

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If your dealer converted your reservation to an order you have 3 potential courses of action:
1. Buy your Bronco when it is delivered
2. Don't buy your Bronco and let the dealer sell it to someone else
3. Complain to Ford, but it won't change option 1 and 2

OP
OP
EL in NH

EL in NH

Base
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
As I understand it, you cannot directly order your bronco with ford. If you are to order it, your dealer would have to submit it. However - what you (actually the dealer, by proxy) can order is different than what you may have necessarily reserved, you should ask for the order DORA - the written configuration of your order.

If you're going to wait, you want to make sure you're waiting on what you want. However, at this point (as of 9/30/21) all 2021 orders are locked in, and you cannot change. The MY22 order banks open on 10/13/21 so you may have an opportunity to re-order at that time, assuming you don't get scheduled for production before then.

Bottom line - get your dealer on the horn and try to get some clarification.

Good luck!
Thank you...So if I understand this correctly... everyone has to have the order placed thru the dealer..not online with ford as we did with the reservation. Do I have that correct?

The only one more confused about this than me is my dealer.(shrug)

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you...So if I understand this correctly... everyone has to have the order placed thru the dealer..not online with ford as we did with the reservation. Do I have that correct?

The only one more confused about this than me is my dealer.(shrug)
It's not a horrible situation just yet, might just be a mistake or a miscommunication.

If there is an order placed its not super likely it will get pulled during this weeks clean up scheduling. So on 10/13 you can just get with your dealer and place an order for a 2022 in whatever trim, with whatever options you want.

OP
OP
EL in NH

EL in NH

Base
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's not a horrible situation just yet, might just be a mistake or a miscommunication.

If there is an order placed its not super likely it will get pulled during this weeks clean up scheduling. So on 10/13 you can just get with your dealer and place an order for a 2022 in whatever trim, with whatever options you want.
Sounds like a plan !
Sponsored