Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi all. Just joined. Trying to read up on all the info you guys have been putting out there. It’s been great!
So I reserved a 4-D OBX and I have a few questions. First, has anyone seen any real pictures of an OBX model other than the pc generated ones Ford shows online? I’m trying to gauge what it will look like in other colors with the body color fenders. The color generator on ford isn’t great.
Second, if I get the Sasquatch package do you think it’s necessary to get the 2.7? I don’t want it to be sluggish because of the bigger tires. I won’t be doing any real off roading but like the looks of it and the availability of lockers if ever necessary. So wondering if I’ll have to choose between the smaller engine and the 35’s. Also, will the Sasquatch negate the body color fenders?
Lastly, does anyone know how high the floorboard would be with the 35’s on it? Or standard for that matter. Not sure if that measurement is out there. Asking cause my wife is 5’-3” and she’s concerned it will be a leap to get up in it. Because this will be her daily driver, it’s a small concern for us. I know the OBX comes with tube steps but we’ve never really been a fan of them. Usually take them off and sell. Thanks for the feedback in advance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks. That video was extremely informative. So, he said that the squatch pack would get rid of the body color fender flares. But he only said there would be 3 options to the roof color: grey (std), gloss black and body color. Didn’t say anything about a whit option like I’ve seen on another thread. So we’ll have to see who’s right there. Also, I found the step in height on another post this morning with pics. That was great. So I guess the only other thing I’m wondering if anyone thinks the 2.3 is strong enough to run those 35’s?

Bronco Billy Boy

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. That video was extremely informative. So, he said that the squatch pack would get rid of the body color fender flares. But he only said there would be 3 options to the roof color: grey (std), gloss black and body color. Didn’t say anything about a whit option like I’ve seen on another thread. So we’ll have to see who’s right there. Also, I found the step in height on another post this morning with pics. That was great. So I guess the only other thing I’m wondering if anyone thinks the 2.3 is strong enough to run those 35’s?
It’s really just a matter of opinion. You won’t do damage to the engine if you’re going with a 2.3 + Sasquatch. But you’ll get more power and worse gas mileage with the 2.7. It’d be awesome if every dealership had 10 different configurations to try but it looks like they won’t have any when we order. The challenge will be in June 2021 when what we ordered shows up and we sit in it and look at it and it’s not what we thought. Will we say “No thanks”?

Weld3z

Outer Banks
First Name
Ahmed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s really just a matter of opinion. You won’t do damage to the engine if you’re going with a 2.3 + Sasquatch. But you’ll get more power and worse gas mileage with the 2.7. It’d be awesome if every dealership had 10 different configurations to try but it looks like they won’t have any when we order. The challenge will be in June 2021 when what we ordered shows up and we sit in it and look at it and it’s not what we thought. Will we say “No thanks”?
You can't say No, its amazing in any situation.
You well say damet take my $ (-:

Sponsored

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Agree with all above, the 2.3L will work. IMO it should be a 5.0 V8 but that's me. Im opting for 2.7L because I want bigger torque and I want bigger tires and I'm willing to sacrifice MPGs for this.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This will mostly come down to your expectations. You can guarantee a 2.3 with Sasquatch will be slower than a 2.3 without. As will the V6 with Sasquatch be slower than the V6 without. Very likely, the V6 with Sasquatch will be faster than the 2.3 without. A reasonable number might be 7.5 seconds 0-60 for the 2.3, and maybe .5 seconds more with the Sasquatch. Those are just my guesses based on the Ranger's 0-60 and figuring a heavier Bronco will be a little slower.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had the very first Toyota 4WD van delivered in our area back in 87. It had a 1.8? 4 cyl and manual trans with big tires....and had PLENTY of power all the time. Amazing what it could do. So with a stick, I wouldn't worry about engine size at all.
Sponsored