IL John

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak 4Dr, Rubicon 2dr, CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a couple of questions for anyone with experience with these. I’m replacing the GY territories on my Wildtrak they pack will gravel like no other. I have toyo open country mt’s on my wrangler and love them, and I’d like to try something different on the bronco. Are the trail grapplers similar in noise level or quieter then the toyo mt’s. I don’t find my toyos to be loud. I’ve had 4 sets on two different Jeep’s . Seems like trail grapplers get lots of good reviews. Just don’t want the wife who shares driving time in the bronco to be annoyed. Also how are they in snow ? Doable or bad? I realize there not all terrains and don’t expect them to handle in packed snow as well. Again I am fine with the toyos in snow , I’m hoping the grapplers are comparable. I really like the toyos, just willing to try something new to me.
thx for any help

965665B3-09C3-4700-A2E1-17F89AAB284F.jpeg
Sponsored

TxMike

Wildtrak
First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ridge grapplers are awesome. In my opinion better than toyo. The grappler is the smoothest most quiet all terrain/hybrid tire I have ever had. I have them on my suburban and they are great. You won’t be disappointed.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a couple of questions for anyone with experience with these. I’m replacing the GY territories on my Wildtrak they pack will gravel like no other. I have toyo open country mt’s on my wrangler and love them, and I’d like to try something different on the bronco. Are the trail grapplers similar in noise level or quieter then the toyo mt’s. I don’t find my toyos to be loud. I’ve had 4 sets on two different Jeep’s . Seems like trail grapplers get lots of good reviews. Just don’t want the wife who shares driving time in the bronco to be annoyed. Also how are they in snow ? Doable or bad? I realize there not all terrains and don’t expect them to handle in packed snow as well. Again I am fine with the toyos in snow , I’m hoping the grapplers are comparable. I really like the toyos, just willing to try something new to me.
thx for any help

Ford Bronco Questions on Nitto Trail Grappler tires 965665B3-09C3-4700-A2E1-17F89AAB284F
I'd go with BFG K02s. They're the best and I love them on our F150 Raptor. Don't trust me either, do the research and the K02 will always come out on top.

OP
OP
IL John

IL John

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ridge grapplers are awesome. In my opinion better than toyo. The grappler is the smoothest most quiet all terrain/hybrid tire I have ever had. I have them on my suburban and they are great. You won’t be disappointed.
I was looking at trail grapplers not the ridge. The ridge look really nice but I’m concerned of them packing with gravel like the GY territories. I have a gravel driveway at work, my toyos have almost zero issues throwing rocks once back on pavement. I took the bronco to work last week and it was insanely throwing gravel for minutes down the road. Got two big chips and would expect anyone behind me to be irate. The ridge grappler looks like a tighter thread, does it throw stones bad?
I’m thinking the trail grappler won’t due to the more spaced thread.
Thx for all the help

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do your research on the new SEMA show stand out Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T.
This tire is a hybrid A/T that is also 3MP/snowflake certified. Read the info and make a decision then. There is also a Maxxis A/T that is 3MP/snowflake certified.

Sponsored

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've had both Toyo MT's and Trail Grapplers on my Megacab Dodge. They are very similar in road noise. The Trail Grapplers I'd say got a little louder as they wore down. They also wore quicker on that heavy truck than the Toyo's did. But on a lighter rig like the Bronco they will be a great tire.

I have Ridge Grapplers on my First Edition and agree they are quiet and a good all around tire. But the still pack rocks from my driveway. I'll be putting Trail Grapplers on it when these wear out.

colonelburke

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had trail graps on my F150 and think they were great. I have had toyo mts in the past and think they are comparable. The trial graps could be a tad quieter, but they held up well. I would think any gravel issues would be comparable to the toyo mts and wouldn't hesitate on the purchase. I cannot speak on snow as I live ion the hot humid section of the country.

colonelburke

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have ridge graps now and they are great for my needs but it does not seem like they would be good for gravel.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve had 2 set of grapplers and would recommend them. I live in Georgia so zero snow experience. They do well in the mud and are not loud. I got 50000 miles out of my first set on an 7800 lb F350 4x4.

pequigah

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Ford F-150/Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@IL John - I can't provide any comparison to Toyos but I replaced my stock GYs with 35x11.50 Trail Grapplers and have about 1K miles on them so far. Noise isn't bad at all, but I'm sure they'll get louder as they wear. With the top and doors off at 55 mph it's a very soft hum, but not loud or annoying at all.

As far as picking up rocks, I've probably only pulled out 1 or 2 from the treads over the past two months. That's compared to the 20-30 that I pulled out of the GYs after only two days of having them on the Bronco. Big improvement in that regard!

Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We've been running 35" Trail Grapplers on ours for about a year now and I like them a lot. I come from a BFG background and I'm still partial to them but these Nittos have been impressive. The Trail Grapplers are a mud tire, so they're just naturally going to be noisier than an all-terrain such as the Ridge Grappler or BFG KO2 or other AT tire. But I find they're manageable, and the Bronco itself isn't exactly quiet so the tires simply add to the symphony.

We're in Southern California so we haven't gotten a lot of snow time on them. But we did come across Colorado and Utah during a snowstorm last winter, plus some lesser stuff here in our local mountains. I thought the Trail Grapplers handled the snow well, though this was on highways that had been plowed so the snow was never more than a couple inches deep.

I ran a borrowed set of the Sasquatch Goodyears for about a week and hated them for the amount of gravel they sling everywhere (I have a gravel driveway). The Trail Grapplers will occasionally grab and throw a larger stone but its nowhere near the Goodyear's level of wholesale broadcasting of gravel all over the neighborhood every morning when I leave for work.

Ford Bronco Questions on Nitto Trail Grappler tires 270126662_10225705417758958_317027046459275500_n

OP
OP
IL John

IL John

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got the trail grapplers, love them so far. Tread pattern is barely picking up gravel on my driveway. They look great too.

2BFF5103-55AC-4597-BFC0-4D427D497B49.jpeg

CBE1D991-3240-447E-9D9C-A1A5D6E1C553.jpeg

4557E79F-A1FA-457C-9170-554E165665C1.jpeg

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have been happy with my trail grapplers, but haven’t had a chance yet to get them in the snow. I have the Toyo MTs on my F250. The Nittos seem a little louder to me, but it’s hard to compare, I can’t hear much over the 7.3 powerstroke in my F250. They’re pretty similar in every way though as far as I can tell.
Ford Bronco Questions on Nitto Trail Grappler tires 5B18658C-7F6E-4E13-90AB-DF61E9B6496E

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Got the trail grapplers, love them so far. Tread pattern is barely picking up gravel on my driveway. They look great too.

Ford Bronco Questions on Nitto Trail Grappler tires 5B18658C-7F6E-4E13-90AB-DF61E9B6496E

it’s all I’ve owned for a decade or more, love them! Had them on 4 F150’s and a super duty in that time. First thing I do is take the factory tires off.

GorillaGrapplr

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.3 Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How are the ridge grapplers for throwing rocks? I Live in WV and we get a decent amount of snow. Will the ridge grapplers do well?
Sponsored