First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am looking to upgrade the tires on my BB to something more aggressive. I have been set on going with 285/70/17's but after stopping by a local tire store today have more questions than answers. Would it be ill-advised to go with that size on the standard BB rim since it is only 7.5 in width and the tire store stated concern for sidewall bubbling? Would 275/65/17's be more practical, yet aggressive in looks? Also, can I just order the tires from an online store or is there more involved with parts like TPMS...I ask that as I have my eye on a brand that is $188 per online and this dealer has a quote of $1800 which sounds way higher than it should be. Thank you in advance.
Sponsored

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door base/sqatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you getting rims with those tires? That's $450 per tire and I feel like you could get rims and tires for that at Les Schwab. I may not be the best source. Someone else may have better info.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Depends on what “aggressive” means to you. Are you looking for wider, taller, more tread definition or all 3?

$1800 for 5 275/70/17s installed with tax is not unreasonable for some tire brands. If the online price per tire is $188, install price should be $1150 or so depending on shipping. You will not need new tpms sensors.

OP
OP
CADUC3US

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are you getting rims with those tires? That's $450 per tire and I feel like you could get rims and tires for that at Les Schwab. I may not be the best source. Someone else may have better info.
No new rims right now, just wanting to go from the pedestrian tires that comes on the BB to an A/T tire.

OP
OP
CADUC3US

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Depends on what “aggressive” means to you. Are you looking for wider, taller, more tread definition or all 3?

$1800 for 5 275/70/17s installed with tax is not unreasonable for some tire brands. If the online price per tire is $188, install price should be $1150 or so depending on shipping. You will not need new tpms sensors.
I am just looking at some A/T tires. There have been a coupe BB with the Kenda Klever AT2 that make the BB look 100 times better. My plan was to have them ordered and waiting for my Ford dealer to swap them when the BB arrives. They said they would credit me some amount for the factory tires.

Sponsored

jhenson81

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Most tire makers have min/max wheel widths listed on their website. You could look up the tire model and size to see if the stock BB wheel would fit.

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some time in the next 1-84 months I'll sell you my stock badlands wheels and BFG AT's for less than what you'll pay for tires. Well documented they fit on lower trims. The tires will still have nipples on them, just the 20 or so miles to get home from the dealership.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most tire makers have min/max wheel widths listed on their website. You could look up the tire model and size to see if the stock BB wheel would fit.
This. Takes the guesswork out.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Some time in the next 1-84 months I'll sell you my stock badlands wheels and BFG AT's for less than what you'll pay for tires. Well documented they fit on lower trims. The tires will still have nipples on them, just the 20 or so miles to get home from the dealership.
I was going to say that the Badlands Non-squatch wheel/tires are a super upgrade.

Sponsored

LHD

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurais, Corvairs, 914-6, TT, F350 SD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am just looking at some A/T tires. There have been a coupe BB with the Kenda Klever AT2 that make the BB look 100 times better. My plan was to have them ordered and waiting for my Ford dealer to swap them when the BB arrives. They said they would credit me some amount for the factory tires.
My buddy is the Natl sales mgr for Kenda LT tires. He is a die hard off road guy. He has worked tirelessly to introduce new designs to the off road /LT market. Their new MT is crazy good and going to be available in 35x10.50-17. The biggest problem they are having is supply issues and container shipping.
I have a set of the new AT2s on my Base. They are awesome. Not just cause my buddy sells them lol. I have 265/75-16s on stock rims only cause that’s what was available. I wouldn’t hesitate going to 285s on these rims. 265s (265/25.4=10.43” vs 285/25.4=11.22”) so they are about 3/4” wider. I have always deferred to narrow rims and reduced tire pressures for a better ride.

LHD

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am looking to upgrade the tires on my BB to something more aggressive. I have been set on going with 285/70/17's but after stopping by a local tire store today have more questions than answers. Would it be ill-advised to go with that size on the standard BB rim since it is only 7.5 in width and the tire store stated concern for sidewall bubbling? Would 275/65/17's be more practical, yet aggressive in looks? Also, can I just order the tires from an online store or is there more involved with parts like TPMS...I ask that as I have my eye on a brand that is $188 per online and this dealer has a quote of $1800 which sounds way higher than it should be. Thank you in advance.
The Kenda AT2s in 285/70-17 are rated for 7.5-9.5” rim width. Your fine.….

LHD

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here you go.

54E8739A-083F-4E82-A2E6-571E71F1565F.jpeg

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am looking to upgrade the tires on my BB to something more aggressive. .... Would it be ill-advised to go with that size on the standard BB rim since it is only 7.5 in width and the tire store stated concern for sidewall bubbling?
It sounds like they want to sell you rims that you don't need. 7.5 is good with a 285/70/R17
A wider rim is more likely to lose the bead if you go off road. Stick to the rims you have.
The only reason to change rims would be looks, or wanting a different offset.
Sponsored