First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s some terrible up fitting my friend.
Not sure what you mean. There are a number of 37's that the wheel range is from 7.5-9.5 inches wide. The wider tire and the narrower wheel lets you air way down and not worry about losing a bead.. Looks a ton better than these brodozers running 12.50's on 12 inch wheels.
Sponsored

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

ok, let's parse this out a little bit. Are you trying to add 33s to a Big Bend? If you are, you should probably be ok. The 255/75 and 285/70s are technically 32 and 33's respectively. In the real world they MIGHT be a half inch different in height.
Indeed I am and thank you for the input. I guess my main question is ... could the 33's fit onto the stock Big Bend wheels? And if so, would they "look" ok, or would changing the wheels be a better option? Lastly, I'm hoping no additional lift would need to be required?

Last edited:

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Indeed I am and thank you for the input. I guess my main question is ... could the 33's fit onto the stock Big Bend wheels? And if so, would they "look" ok, or would changing the wheels be a better option? Lastly, I'm hoping no additional lift would need to be required?
The 285's will 100% be fine on a 7.5" wheel, and no additional lift should be needed. The ONLY concern is backspacing on the factory wheel. It might get a little tight with the wider tire, but we won't know that until they are released. If it happens to be an issue, they do make a 255/80 r17 which is a hair taller than the 285/70, but the same width as the original tire.

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The 285's will 100% be fine on a 7.5" wheel, and no additional lift should be needed. The ONLY concern is backspacing on the factory wheel. It might get a little tight with the wider tire, but we won't know that until they are released. If it happens to be an issue, they do make a 255/80 r17 which is a hair taller than the 285/70, but the same width as the original tire.
Great info! Thank you again. I am hoping all this will be an "option" when the build & price tool comes out. The look of the 33's is the sweet spot for me, so that left me with the wheels at this point. But at least I have a better idea now. I'm sure when this is all over with I could work at NTB!

Sponsored

BuddysB6g

Big Bend
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does the soft top have flip up rear glass or zip out?
Ford website on base:
  • Flip-Up Rear Glass
  • Soft Top (4-Door)

OP
OP
Goes

Goes

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anybody seen any pictures or video of the modular hard top with the rear side windows removed or better yet being removed?

Chewcudda

Black Diamond
First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia soul, mini cooper, kawasaki versys
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s not too hard. If you’ve driven a bicycle, it works the similarly. You have a 3rd pedal that you press when you shift gears. When I got my first manual, the salesperson took the time to teach me. I’m sure if you ask the dealer would show you
That is pretty close to how I explain riding a motorcycle to someone..... "can you drive a standard shift car, can you side a bicycle..... well a motorcycle is a bicycle with a manual transmission."

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just let them know you will charge them $100 a month for that advertising space.
I did something similar when I bought my new Focus. I told them to either remove it, or knock $500 off the price to compensate me for advertising their dealership. It was gone in 10 minutes. ?
Sponsored