Sponsored

Quick cheap long(er) term solution for the dreaded roof rattle TLF has reported on

webdz9r

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FE - Area 51
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello fellow Bronco friends (glad we're not doing the Jeep wave right?)

I've had my 4dr MIC 1.0 hard top for over 6 weeks. Took delivery on Dec 1st. It's been 6 weeks of enjoyment every time I drive this rig. Found the right Ski rack (posted here in the forums) for my outdoor winter adventures. Last weekend I got the dreaded annoying rattle from my top that TFL and others have reported. Read a few different fixes found here (forum search results) but didn't like the idea of having loose foam as a solutions.

So I used Scotch 3M Heavy Duty 1-inch Mounting Squares (amazon link) that I had laying around the house and sure enough it worked like a charm
Ford Bronco Quick cheap long(er) term solution for the dreaded roof rattle TLF has reported on IMG_0939 (1)

This simply solution provided enough padding to eliminate the rattle and now I'm back to a rattle roof free ride, thought some of you might like this more long term solutions vs foam.

Here is how to perform the solution for a few bucks and 5 minutes of time

The cause for the rattle is above the door on the front roof section in the back corner pictured here: (this is a picture of the foam solution that is just free standing and will fall out when you take off the top)

Ford Bronco Quick cheap long(er) term solution for the dreaded roof rattle TLF has reported on roof-rattle-caus

Step 1: Remove the front tops and apply double sided square on the top section of the roof where the plastic guide bolt thingy penetrates (haha) and causes the rattle noise

Ford Bronco Quick cheap long(er) term solution for the dreaded roof rattle TLF has reported on IMG_0941 (1)

Step 2: Cut out or puncture a hole in the tape area like so
Ford Bronco Quick cheap long(er) term solution for the dreaded roof rattle TLF has reported on IMG_0940 (1)

Step 3: put the tops back on and enjoy a rattle free ride solution that stays in place when you take on and off the top. Enjoy!
Sponsored

OP
OP
webdz9r

webdz9r

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FE - Area 51
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
These hard tops are absolute garbage.
yeah I wish it was different, I just keep having to tell myself that it will be replaced when they're ready. Until I'll continue to making it work

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
yeah I wish it was different, I just keep having to tell myself that it will be replaced when they're ready. Until I'll continue to making it work
I would do the same (I need truck), but my wife is the one who wanted a bronco. Reserved it first day, built it out the way she wanted and is willing to wait for however long it takes. I just worry with all these issues if she will be happy with a bronco. Then, I have to worry about dealership adding ADM, I haven’t told her about that.

She loves her Edge and has mentioned keeping it after Bronco is delivered so that may lessen any issue the bronco may have...if any.

I remember showing her the release video of the bronco, she watched the entire video, looked up at me and said “I want that.” I laughed and dismissed her, but she was dead serious and even waited for reservations to open.

I hope it works out, she’s worked hard and saved to be in a position to buy something at this price point.

Reactions: Cat

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

sometimes a fast simple solution is just perfect plus its cheap lol

Sponsored

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems like such a simple miss from Ford.

Surely the rattle came up in testing.

Going to have these on hand when I take delivery.

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have to do the same thing with the jeep happens really bad with winter and the temperature fluctuates. Don't think they will be a real solution ever.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think that may eventually rattle again. The sides of the pin need to be insulated from the metal hole. Pin needs a condom! Wrap every pin in electrical tape is the quick easy fix. The center panel on a 4 door will rattle as well. 4 more pins to wrap on that panel.

4A3B82C4-23B5-4D8E-A1B7-D0020FF88207.jpeg
C6B24D39-5086-492A-B350-068725377B74.jpeg

justinnx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, used some 3M double-sided tape laying around and made a few slits in it, and formed it to the inside of the hole, and problem solved!