First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150 SCREW 4x4 3.5L Eco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dealer isn't a Quick Lube, why is that in the title?
Yes. Dealer has a quick lube separate from the regular service department and is shared with their other brand on site.
Sponsored

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the big take away is something I have followed all my life, never use anything that says quick or jiffy to change oil. Too damn important to cheap out on.
Contact dealer tell them they are towing it back and fixing their screw up.

OP
OP
Cactus_Pete

Cactus_Pete

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150 SCREW 4x4 3.5L Eco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So the big take away is something I have followed all my life, never use anything that says quick or jiffy to change oil. Too damn important to cheap out on.
Contact dealer tell them they are towing it back and fixing their screw up.
And they show up with a new generic oil filter and a jug of O'Reilly 5W-30 full Dino oil. Problem was no o-ring. I guess they didn't teach them to lube the o-ring in tech school?
Now I'm really pissed. Can someone please pay attention to the details? Synthetic blend at the minimum, I paid for full syn. It's not hard. Ugh

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Over the years I’ve learned telling an idiot to repeat something over again usually ends up with mixed results.

If it still has oil in it, oil pressure and sounds okay I would get a new filter and oil and change it yourself. Unless I saw something broke.

My boss put a stick through the oil filter on his Escalade. Drove it 2 days like that. Got to work Monday with oil trails all over the driveway. Had the dealer pick it up and fix it. Long as you have some oil in it I wouldn’t fear the worst. Takes a while to leak out 7 quarts. Stuff goes a long ways when looking at it on the ground.

Reason I’d do it myself is to find out 100% what they did or didn’t do, correct it and move on with peace of mind. Better than turning a 15 minute job into a 2 week project.
Sponsored