Sponsored

Quick Question, but what would a 4 Door Sasquatch Badlands have over a 4 Door Sasquatch Black Diamond?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't get why the auto 4H transfer case is an "upgrade"? So basically it's gonna behave like my Escape does in auto mode?
I think the manual T-case is the enthusiast option. Or am I missing something?

If high pack was available on the BD and the sig grill, I would of definitely picked it over the Badlands.

I wasn't considering Squatch, which is what drew me to the 33's of the BL...
But reality is, the web images of those 33's look way better than what you actually get with the 33's...skinny, anemic looking KO2's.
So BD with Squatch isn't off the table.
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My suspicion, given that I randomly woke up just now, is that the advanced transfer case is part of the Sasquatch package and has yet to be mentioned officially.

My reasoning is simply that it is available on every trim level. Why would they have a component as significant as a transfer case optional on the Base? It's more reasonable that it's part of a package and the Base is very limited in package availability. What package is available on the Base trim? Sasquatch.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When is having an extra tool available not an upgrade?
"Tool"? Or something else to break? In the middle of nowhere...?
Then again, it's probably just a software unlocked upgrade anyway. $$$

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Tool"? Or something else to break? In the middle of nowhere...?
Then again, it's probably just a software unlocked upgrade anyway. $$$
You mean software can change the ratio of the transfer case? That would be something.

Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dana M210 Front Axle standard on the BL and Optional on BD.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not an off-road enthusiast so the sway bar disconnect has little value to me (other than just having it in case I do start off-roading or for resale if I ever sell)

So for me the biggest difference is the ability to add the high or lux packages. I'm probably going to be content with a Sasquatch BD with the mid package...but I'm definitely planning to spend a lot of time in B&P to review all my options.
I was torn between the two, but I finally decided on BL because once I added everything to BD, I figured it wasn't that much cheaper. Plus I didn't want to give up the high package. I already ordered, but I still wonder if I am making the correct decision going with the BL. I'm old and a complete newbie, so I'm not sure how much I will ever off road. In my mind, it will be enough to make the higher price worth it.... lol

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is something I am wondering about for B&P. The upgraded t-case is optional on the BD. So it is available just how and how much? Since it is listed with the powertrain items I am assuming it is a stand alone option and I think the survey had it as 1k but I may be wrong.

Not a huge deal as with the manual trans it seems the crawl ratio with the std case is about 80:1 and with the upgraded case it is 94:1. Awesome either way but just wondering what B&P will show.
It's an additional $750 on BD, standard on BL.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really want the upgraded Transfer case, that 4A mode looks perfect for my needs.
Agree, after owning a GC I wouldn't have a car without it (4A that is).

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would prefer to have the upgraded t-case but it is not a deal breaker for me at this point and looking at the performance numbers it is not a huge negative overall. I go from it being a eh upgrade to a "I need" or "I want". If it is 1k extra...that is less than $20 a month or just add an extra 1k to the down payment...I keep telling myself...lol.

Comparing to the Jeep rubicon the bronco std t-case puts you between the top two crawl ratios I think around 80:1 or 3:1 +/- from the top/bottom of the rubicon combos. It is not like it drops you down to the 50-60:1.

Will 100% be working that aspect in the B&P.

The only thing I am 100% all in on is the A51 paint.
Advanced 4x4 is more than the crawl ratio. It allows the vehicle to be all wheel drive all the time vs. rear wheel. In my opinion it is a HUGE advantage over a standard 2/ 4 wheel system.

It really makes the car feel very stable in all road/ weather conditions. It's been a minute since I've driven a short wheel base rear wheel drive vehicle on 33's (2011 Wrangler) but all wheel drive is nice.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was torn between the two, but I finally decided on BL because once I added everything to BD, I figured it wasn't that much cheaper. Plus I didn't want to give up the high package. I already ordered, but I still wonder if I am making the correct decision going with the BL. I'm old and a complete newbie, so I'm not sure how much I will ever off road. In my mind, it will be enough to make the higher price worth it.... lol
Did you price out the Outer Banks? Sounds like that might be more suited for less off-road features and allow for high package.

BroncoBC

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Advanced 4x4 is more than the crawl ratio. It allows the vehicle to be all wheel drive all the time vs. rear wheel. In my opinion it is a HUGE advantage over a standard 2/ 4 wheel system.

It really makes the car feel very stable in all road/ weather conditions. It's been a minute since I've driven a short wheel base rear wheel drive vehicle on 33's (2011 Wrangler) but all wheel drive is nice.
The downside to all wheel drive is tire issues. Let say you cut a sidewall on a tire that has 15000 miles on it. If it’s all wheel drive you have to replace all 4. If it’s manual then changing 1 will be fine or a pair. Far cheaper
Sponsored