Sponsored

Quietest high clearance muffler for the 2.3?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm looking for the quietest high clearance muffler for those who have heard a few of them in person. I like the simplicity of the 0FG system, but the clips I've heard harken to the typical rice burner/fart can sound. I'm leaning toward the Magnaflow Overland series.

Mostly, I don't need or want to hear my 4 cyl. I have a Chevy 327 with headers/dual pipes if I need to hear muscle. I want the extra clearance and to get rid of the OEM 50gal drum hangin off the back of my Bronco.

Who has the quietest?
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
kodiakisland

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went this route. Not much louder than stock but a deeper tone. AFE describes it as "mild". I can post a sound byte when I get home.

https://afepower.com/afe-power-49-4...ess-steel-cat-back-exhaust-system-w-black-tip

By all accounts I have heard the magna-flow overland is probably is the quietest.
How about in cab noise? Not that I expect to hear anything over my MIC top, but it's already pretty loud in there and my tinnitus is about at it's limit. I do several 5K mile trips each year and don't want to need ear plugs for a 900 mile day.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I end up doing an exhaust, it would be the magnaflow overland, but I'm curious to see what some other people may be able to advise.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about in cab noise? Not that I expect to hear anything over my MIC top, but it's already pretty loud in there and my tinnitus is about at it's limit. I do several 5K mile trips each year and don't want to need ear plugs for a 900 mile day.
Man, good to hear it's not just me with that tinnitus problems. I've taken to wearing airpods in my jeep as I wait on the Bronco...It almost kept me from ordering over a quiet more civilized vehicle.

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO the AFE interior exhaust notes aren't bad when compared to the stock system but then again my hearing isn't the best after 40yrs of construction. The AFE is certainly louder than stock. Based on what I've seen on the forum and interweb the magna-flow overland is a touch quieter than the AFE.

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

HenryGX

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There are two Overland exhausts - 19556 is the 2.3 exhaust. I have it on my 2.3 OBX and I love it. No drone at highway - you'll hear a difference over stock for sure, but it's not overly obtrusive. Sounds great when you really get on it - plus no saggy diaper beer keg muffler showing in the back!

https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...nd-series-cat-back-performance-exhaust-system
Alright, we'll look into Overland exhausts. Exhaust and de-chroming will the next mods on my friend's 2021 2.3L after installing the brake pads and nitto tires plus the alignment.

Sponsored

Thart89

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fast Intentions axle back exhaust might be an option. To me it sounds like a stock+ muffler but is significantly smaller and should provide extra clearance.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

May I ask what you ever wound up going with?
Thanks

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

AlvinT

Base
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04VW R32
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP wanted most clearance + quiet and I know the BORLA Climber muffler is positioned high & between axles. The single tip is located up and behind the axle for best departure angle. Borla Climber has no rear muffler.

Their split-rear option has two-tips angled downwards and a high-mount muffler for those that want a street look.
Sponsored