Rick Astley

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'51 Chevy Fleetline, '61 Ford Thunderbird
I already lost track of where the pictures were, but some views with the doors open at the Employee event, looked like the front windows are double-pane glass. Curiously no SoundScreen logo though.

received_463109321317994.jpeg
Bonded layers of glass has been increasingly common from manufacturers as a way to reduce cabin noise and reverberation inside the cabin.

The Decepticon Bronze dash doesn't look half bad with that combination!

FYI: For all the fuss with people complaining about the grab handles, they use Bronco bolts and there is sure to be aftermarket and/or 3d printed alternatives coming out soon enough without color, or colored to your personal preference.

Advertisement

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Yeah, Ford's unlocks inside the handle (touch sensitive/no pressing anything inside the handle), and the black "button" on the outside locks - it too is touch sensitive/not an actual button like other manufacturers.
Not all of them. My FiST is a single black button (actual button) on the outside for both lock or unlock.

Colorado buff

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Race Red is really sticking to my color list. So far, it’s never had a bad photo (unlike A51 & CG).
Agree. Race red looks fantastic. Though would be even better with a white top! That the velocity blue and white are fantastic. A51 and cactus grey are interesting but I think they will look tired after a while, and cyber orange is too school bus yellow.

RMG72

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Can the hood graphic be removed?
Should be pretty easy to pull off, one of the first things I will be doing if I stick with the WT
Pro tip: use a handheld steamer to warm up the adhesive on the graphic and it should come right off. Works well on window tint too.

RMG72

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
When asked if the MIC roof will match the plastics such as pillar trim, fenders, window molding, etc he responded that the roof was "pretty close to production color", but that the black plastics were pre-production and not at their final color.

From what I know about plastic molding and injection molding (thanks, AvE, you're my favorite Uncle Bumblefuck!) the reason that the deep black color is not being seen yet is that it is the UV stabilizers and "11 herbs and spices" that give it the final black appearance aren't in there. Those are, as you probably guessed, the most expensive components in the plastic, so they are left out until the absolute last test batch before production as they are busy sorting out the molds and getting production ready size/shape parts.

I will put forward, go to any Ford showroom and take a look at the plastics used. Are there multiple contrasting shades between rubber gaskets, trim and vinyl beauty trim? No. Ford knows how to produce a vehicle, they have over a hundred years of experience with this and Bronco is not reinventing assembly-line manufacturing or global supply chain management.

The unprecedented look which we are getting at Bronco is what is undoing most peoples minds on this forum. Ranger NEVER had this sort of behind-the-scenes footage and armchair quarterbacking. People got excited, production ready vehicles were trialed at a few events, people signed their loans and drove away their new rig. All the BS and twinkle-toe princesses we're getting here didn't happen. They saved that level of whining for AFTER their VIN was created and production took 10 weeks when the estimate was 7-10 weeks..
Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you, never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye, never gonna tell a lie and hurt you. I mean that.

Advertisement

Advertisement