Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP, if you have a chance to spend any more time with your neighbor and the Bronco, could you take some pics with the top back (in each position back if that is possible or fully back if not)?

Ideally, a video showing it being folding back would be awesome but maybe too much to ask. :D
I’ve been wanting to see How the soft top comes off... Slowly. ? I can’t decide if I want the soft or the hardtop. We haven’t seen anything with a video of the top coming off in real time. Or have we and I missed it?

I love your neighbor, very cool of them to let you sit in it.
Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rapid red was not one of my color choices...until now. Damn that looks good. Stands out very nicely with the surrounding black exterior. :)

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been wanting to know that since the Bronco was first announced. I am worried that since it has not been brought up that they are manual, but I have seen one pic in which it sure looked like power seat buttons/knobs. Am hoping. For those of us with back trouble it's a pretty big deal.
In my head power seats will be easy to get on all trims except 2 door. The only thing that is hard to get in modern times is manual transmission. And we got that!!!

TheWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Silverado HD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm gonna throw this in here.

I've used a soft-top through the entirety of winter on several jeeps. It is not a problem. Don't smack the snow/ice off the windows or they can crack, but other than that it is not a problem at all. I did end up getting a hardtop that I would put on for winter, but it was nowhere near a night and day improvement.

I will 100% have a soft top with this vehicle. The amount of open-air feel for the time it takes to put down is unparalleled with the panels removed from the hardtop. The material on this top looks like the premium soft top on the jeeps. It is GREAT. You can even use 303 fabric protector to get water to bead off of it.

Another consideration: I am not sure how Ford is doing it, but with the Jeep, unless you ordered the hardtop from the factory, the steering column electronics for the wiper and the washer fluid plumbing were absent.

This is the main reason I want a dual top group. I want it wired and plumbed for the hardtop, but the soft top is essential for me.

Sponsored

rlwoody

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Suburban, Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP... did you happen to snap pics of the interior? What was it like in person?
Looks to be all black from the pics. Don't see any of that awful tan.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I've used a soft-top through the entirety of winter on several jeeps. It is not a problem. Don't smack the snow/ice off the windows or they can crack, but other than that it is not a problem at all. I did end up getting a hardtop that I would put on for winter, but it was nowhere near a night and day improvement.

I will 100% have a soft top with this vehicle. The amount of open-air feel for the time it takes to put down is unparalleled with the panels removed from the hardtop. The material on this top looks like the premium soft top on the jeeps. It is GREAT. You can even use 303 fabric protector to get water to bead off of it.

Another consideration: I am not sure how Ford is doing it, but with the Jeep, unless you ordered the hardtop from the factory, the steering column electronics for the wiper and the washer fluid plumbing were absent.

This is the main reason I want a dual top group. I want it wired and plumbed for the hardtop, but the soft top is essential for me.
I preferred my Jeep soft top for the same reasons.

Ford rep said that it will have the rear wiper/washer stuff no matter which top you get, but I don't think it's been in writing. I don't think they ever thought to do it the FCA way, to be honest.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thanks for the good info. :) I’ll probably get the soft top now and get the hard top when the black one becomes available.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Rapid red was not one of my color choices...until now. Damn that looks good. Stands out very nicely with the surrounding black exterior. :)
The Bronco is race red not rapid red. Easy to mix up the names.

Sponsored

TheWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Silverado HD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I preferred my Jeep soft top for the same reasons.

Ford rep said that it will have the rear wiper/washer stuff no matter which top you get, but I don't think it's been in writing. I don't think they ever thought to do it the FCA way, to be honest.
I sincerely hope it would be there, the top consideration is steering both trim and color decisions for me. Knowing it is "hardtop ready" may help my decision if the dual top group isn't available.

Unfortunately, I now trust little what Ford representatives have said in the past. I hope you're right but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Squatch wheels look sooooo much better all black (and I’m not even a black wheels guy)

if I do indeed score a SQUATCHED lower trim, one of the very first things I’ll do is remove the allow ring and maybe paint it or store it.
Didn’t know this was an option! I really prefer the Wildtrak squatch wheels over the badlands squatch gray ones.

TheWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Silverado HD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was leaning strongly towards the Wildtrak because of the painted black trim before the top info and the interior walkthrough emerged. Wanting the hardtop to the trim changes everything with the altered availability of the tops.

Having said what I did above about 100% getting soft top (alone or as a group) I would much prefer if Ford let those of us in trims including the black top as standard to choose MIC grey vs soft top. I'd roll out of there in my soft-topped Wildtrak all day, and pick up a hard top later if I wanted.
Sponsored