dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Updated with more pictures! Wife took these this morning, it was back in his driveway for a short time. First look at the Wildtrak hood decal.

Bronco Wildtrak Hood Decal.jpg
Bronco Wildtrak Hood Decal 1.jpg
Wildtrak Bronco Interior 1.jpg
Wildtrak Bronco Interior 2.jpg
Race Red Wildtrak Bronco 4 Door Soft Top 10.jpg
Race Red Wildtrak Bronco 4 Door Soft Top 11.jpg
Race Red Wildtrak Bronco 4 Door Soft Top 12.jpg
Race Red Wildtrak Bronco 4 Door Soft Top 13.jpg
Race Red Wildtrak Bronco 4 Door Soft Top 14.jpg
Race Red Wildtrak Bronco 4 Door Soft Top 15.jpg

A Ford engineer that lives near me had one for a day parked in his driveway. I got a few pictures, and got to sit inside. I’m 6’ tall and had a ton of headroom with the soft top, at least 6-8 inches.

Race Red Wildtrak Bronco 4 Door Soft Top 1.jpg
Race Red Wildtrak Bronco 4 Door Soft Top 2.jpg
Race Red Wildtrak Bronco 4 Door Soft Top 5.jpg
Race Red Wildtrak Bronco 4 Door Soft Top 3.jpg
Race Red Wildtrak Bronco 4 Door Soft Top 6.jpg
Race Red Wildtrak Bronco 4 Door Soft Top 4.jpg
Ford needs to update build and price to add the soft top as an option for the wild track
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Updated with more pictures! Wife took these this morning, it was back in his driveway for a short time. First look at the Wildtrak hood decal.

Bronco Wildtrak Hood Decal.jpg
Bronco Wildtrak Hood Decal 1.jpg
Wildtrak Bronco Interior 1.jpg
Wildtrak Bronco Interior 2.jpg
Race Red Wildtrak Bronco 4 Door Soft Top 10.jpg
Race Red Wildtrak Bronco 4 Door Soft Top 11.jpg
Race Red Wildtrak Bronco 4 Door Soft Top 12.jpg
Race Red Wildtrak Bronco 4 Door Soft Top 14.jpg
Race Red Wildtrak Bronco 4 Door Soft Top 15.jpg

A Ford engineer that lives near me had one for a day parked in his driveway. I got a few pictures, and got to sit inside. I’m 6’ tall and had a ton of headroom with the soft top, at least 6-8 inches.

Race Red Wildtrak Bronco 4 Door Soft Top 1.jpg
Race Red Wildtrak Bronco 4 Door Soft Top 2.jpg
Race Red Wildtrak Bronco 4 Door Soft Top 5.jpg
Race Red Wildtrak Bronco 4 Door Soft Top 3.jpg
Race Red Wildtrak Bronco 4 Door Soft Top 4.jpg
Thanks for the pictures! It looks great overall. The interior looks good to me.

I still hate that plastic rear bumper......the best it will ever get for me is "ok".

i purposefully avoided using the step rail, and it was a bit difficult to get into - using the grab handles of course helped. That somewhat sold me on getting some steps, either factory or waiting for aftermarket. Note - although 6’ tall, I have rather short legs and a long torso.
I was curious about this as well - I haven't loved the factory step (though it looks WAY better than initial CGI versions we saw, and also looks better with the Sasquatch package than it does on OBX), but am worried about step in height and whether it's comfortable to do that long term.

I'm still fairly willing to bet that the remote keyless entry in the Mid package is what gets you painted door handles, even though it isn't stated anywhere.

My bigger question is WHY THE HELL IS THE BUTTON ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE DOOR HANDLE!!?!?!?!?
I explained this in the other thread, but my thought is that they put the lock button on the front so you don't hit both the lock and unlock button when pulling the handle This happens when I use F-150 handles because the lock button is right where you wrap your hand around the handle and can wind up accidentally hitting both at the same time. They put Explorer's lock area at the top front of the handle too.

I really think this is preproduction, its a mix of parts. The grab handles on the Wild track are supposed to be Red, Badlands Orange, BD Blue.
According to whom? You're literally the only person anywhere ever saying Wildtrak gets red accents.

Okay. I think I know what's going on here. Ford's web designers get an F for this page. The design is so poor that it's causing more confusion than it solves. I would recommend that they remove the drop-downs.

The drop-down you are expanding is for the standard features of the model. Notice how it says "Plus Standard Features" above the drop-downs? So, WildTrak comes standard with heated seats, whereas Black Diamond and Badlands require the mid-package.

This is from the Badlands mid-package page. Front Row Heated seats are in the bulleted list at the top and then the drop-downs below list the additional features you get from the standard package.

1603754098089.png
Wildtrak has always come standard with the Mid Package.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I explained this in the other thread, but my thought is that they put the lock button on the front so you don't hit both the lock and unlock button when pulling the handle This happens when I use F-150 handles because the lock button is right where you wrap your hand around the handle and can wind up accidentally hitting both at the same time. They put Explorer's lock area at the top front of the handle too.
Huh... It's backwards from what I'm used to on my Miata. Hit the button to unlock as you open the door and walk away to lock.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Huh... It's backwards from what I'm used to on my Miata. Hit the button to unlock as you open the door and walk away to lock.
Yeah, Ford's unlocks inside the handle (touch sensitive/no pressing anything inside the handle), and the black "button" on the outside locks - it too is touch sensitive/not an actual button like other manufacturers.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Some notes:

1. The MIC gray top is darker than that in person. It never seems to photograph as well as it was seen in person. We're not talking a LOT darker, just a smidge

2. Compare the fenders and other window trim on the Overland concept with the Race Red Wildtrak in this thread. As mentioned before (but largely ignored in a long post-count thread), it appears that Ford has already darkened the plastics as they get near production.
    1. It seems all the raging keyboards have missed this, again, for the first time.

Overland plastic trim/roof up close
trim.jpg

WIldtrack with much darker plastics:

If you grab the vehicle with a grey hard top, the b pillar is dark grey
If you get a soft top, its a darker color like the red wildtrak you see here

Presumably if we got the black hard top as originally specced, then we also get the darker color as shown with the red wildtrak

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you grab the vehicle with a grey hard top, the b pillar is dark grey
If you get a soft top, its a darker color like the red wildtrak you see here

Presumably if we got the black hard top as originally specced, then we also get the darker color as shown with the red wildtrak
Your statement is at odds with what the Bronco rep told us in person at the event. Have you had a rep tell you that the vinyl B-pilliar vanity cover will change with the top or are you making a statement based on observation from pre-production pictures? (Genuine question)

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your statement is at odds with what the Bronco rep told us in person at the event. Have you had a rep tell you that the vinyl B-pilliar vanity cover will change with the top or are you making a statement based on observation from pre-production pictures? (Genuine question)
Totally off of observation but I'm open to being wrong!

Did the rep tell you that production models will have a deeper or darker grey?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Totally off of observation but I'm open to being wrong!

Did the rep tell you that production models will have a deeper or darker grey?
When asked if the MIC roof will match the plastics such as pillar trim, fenders, window molding, etc he responded that the roof was "pretty close to production color", but that the black plastics were pre-production and not at their final color.

From what I know about plastic molding and injection molding (thanks, AvE, you're my favorite Uncle Bumblefuck!) the reason that the deep black color is not being seen yet is that it is the UV stabilizers and "11 herbs and spices" that give it the final black appearance aren't in there. Those are, as you probably guessed, the most expensive components in the plastic, so they are left out until the absolute last test batch before production as they are busy sorting out the molds and getting production ready size/shape parts.

I will put forward, go to any Ford showroom and take a look at the plastics used. Are there multiple contrasting shades between rubber gaskets, trim and vinyl beauty trim? No. Ford knows how to produce a vehicle, they have over a hundred years of experience with this and Bronco is not reinventing assembly-line manufacturing or global supply chain management.

The unprecedented look which we are getting at Bronco is what is undoing most peoples minds on this forum. Ranger NEVER had this sort of behind-the-scenes footage and armchair quarterbacking. People got excited, production ready vehicles were trialed at a few events, people signed their loans and drove away their new rig. All the BS and twinkle-toe princesses we're getting here didn't happen. They saved that level of whining for AFTER their VIN was created and production took 10 weeks when the estimate was 7-10 weeks..

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I already lost track of where the pictures were, but some views with the doors open at the Employee event, looked like the front windows are double-pane glass. Curiously no SoundScreen logo though.

received_463109321317994.jpeg

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I already lost track of where the pictures were, but some views with the doors open at the Employee event, looked like the front windows are double-pane glass. Curiously no SoundScreen logo though.

Ford Bronco Race Red 4-Door Wildtrak Soft Top [Updated With Hood Decal & Interior Pics] received_463109321317994
Bonded layers of glass has been increasingly common from manufacturers as a way to reduce cabin noise and reverberation inside the cabin.

The Decepticon Bronze dash doesn't look half bad with that combination!

FYI: For all the fuss with people complaining about the grab handles, they use Bronco bolts and there is sure to be aftermarket and/or 3d printed alternatives coming out soon enough without color, or colored to your personal preference.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, Ford's unlocks inside the handle (touch sensitive/no pressing anything inside the handle), and the black "button" on the outside locks - it too is touch sensitive/not an actual button like other manufacturers.
Not all of them. My FiST is a single black button (actual button) on the outside for both lock or unlock.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Race Red is really sticking to my color list. So far, it’s never had a bad photo (unlike A51 & CG).
Agree. Race red looks fantastic. Though would be even better with a white top! That the velocity blue and white are fantastic. A51 and cactus grey are interesting but I think they will look tired after a while, and cyber orange is too school bus yellow.

RMG72

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sponsored

Last edited: