Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took off work today, drove 2.5 hours to see our first Bronco. We were guessing from the other events posted we were probably getting to see the VB BB and Red OBX that were in Florida. Shocked when we saw two identical Badlands side by side representing both shades of red! We were absolutely smitten by the two red BL's, so much so, we called our dealer from the parking lot and changed our order from oxford white to rapid red. Overall impression : piss your pants giddy.

Couple takeaways:

1. One of the drivers said he's been seeing around 23MPG @60MPH (both were 2.7's) If you have a vehicle that shows real time MPG'S, you know your average is going to be substantially lower over the course of a tank of gas, depending on how much starting and stopping you do. That being said, the trip odo screen was showing avg 21.xx since last reset.

2. Engine bay appearance: I never even asked about this. That same driver was just talking about random stuff and pointed out how lots of the plumbing and wiring harnesses n stuff was somewhat elevated over the top of the engine to facilitate a higher water fording capability. He pointed out that the (one of the?) ECU's is actually mounted right above/on top of the passenger fender well, you'd have to completely submerge those tires and then some to get it wet! Makes sense, pretty cool, had never heard this explanation before.

3. LOVED MGV! Loved the look and feel of the seats, agree with others descriptions on this. Like a stretchy rubberized silk or something. Washout floors are nice! I expected basically rhino liner on bare metal- not at all! Its actually hard to describe, like theres a thickness and a softness to it, almost padded neoprene-y feel? It has a great feel to it.

4. 4DR on 33's proportions are great. In pictures, I liked this build a lot, but the "4 door needs Sas" camp did have me worried it might look stretched. Negative ghostrider. This is the way.

5. These will be making the Louisiana stops, we get to see them again Friday, this time with the three kids in tow. Gonna put the whole fam damily in there and see if we can blow up that GVWR!

More pics:

Called dealer today and changed our order to this exact build (except got MIC , not softop) We could not take our eyes off it! Wife is as excited as me now!
Ford Bronco Race Red and Rapid Red Badlands at Bronco Event @ Pearl Ms 20210427_120814

SWAG!
Ford Bronco Race Red and Rapid Red Badlands at Bronco Event @ Pearl Ms 20210427_130332
Ford Bronco Race Red and Rapid Red Badlands at Bronco Event @ Pearl Ms 20210427_120737
Ford Bronco Race Red and Rapid Red Badlands at Bronco Event @ Pearl Ms 20210427_120723
Ford Bronco Race Red and Rapid Red Badlands at Bronco Event @ Pearl Ms 20210427_120719

Race Red looks amazing in person too! If rapid red had not been sitting right there next to it, would've jumped here 10/10. Gorgeous in the sun!
Ford Bronco Race Red and Rapid Red Badlands at Bronco Event @ Pearl Ms 20210427_120644
Ford Bronco Race Red and Rapid Red Badlands at Bronco Event @ Pearl Ms 20210427_120108
Ford Bronco Race Red and Rapid Red Badlands at Bronco Event @ Pearl Ms 20210427_120104
Ford Bronco Race Red and Rapid Red Badlands at Bronco Event @ Pearl Ms 20210427_120057
Ford Bronco Race Red and Rapid Red Badlands at Bronco Event @ Pearl Ms 20210427_115850
Ford Bronco Race Red and Rapid Red Badlands at Bronco Event @ Pearl Ms 20210427_115844
Ford Bronco Race Red and Rapid Red Badlands at Bronco Event @ Pearl Ms 20210427_115839
Ford Bronco Race Red and Rapid Red Badlands at Bronco Event @ Pearl Ms 20210427_115827
Ford Bronco Race Red and Rapid Red Badlands at Bronco Event @ Pearl Ms 20210427_115824
Ford Bronco Race Red and Rapid Red Badlands at Bronco Event @ Pearl Ms 20210427_114249

Ford Bronco Race Red and Rapid Red Badlands at Bronco Event @ Pearl Ms 20210427_130332

Ford Bronco Race Red and Rapid Red Badlands at Bronco Event @ Pearl Ms 20210427_120814

Ford Bronco Race Red and Rapid Red Badlands at Bronco Event @ Pearl Ms 20210427_114358

Ford Bronco Race Red and Rapid Red Badlands at Bronco Event @ Pearl Ms 20210427_113130

Ford Bronco Race Red and Rapid Red Badlands at Bronco Event @ Pearl Ms 20210427_112129

Ford Bronco Race Red and Rapid Red Badlands at Bronco Event @ Pearl Ms 20210427_111409

Ford Bronco Race Red and Rapid Red Badlands at Bronco Event @ Pearl Ms 20210427_111356
Sponsored

Last edited:

DizzyD

Outer Banks
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Completely agree these are both beautiful! I saw them in Little Rock last week. But Rapid Red is just slightly better 😉.
I am getting Cyber Orange only because my brain can not wrap around the thought of red with orange accents 🤷‍♀️.

DLJohnson

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been going back and forth in my head on Oxford White and Rapid Red. I've never owned a Red vehicle before and never thought I would but man that Rapid looks good. Also, those are some pretty slick looking hats!

OP
OP
Happytown

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been going back and forth in my head on Oxford White and Rapid Red. I've never owned a Red vehicle before and never thought I would but man that Rapid looks good. Also, those are some pretty slick looking hats!
Man we were pretty dang solid on Oxford White, ordered that back in February and were really at peace. I had mentioned a few times how I just loved my old burgundy '89 Toyota 4WD years ago. It was fate. These two sitting there in the sun just blew our minds. We wanted to stay and just gawk at them!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Engine bay appearance: I never even asked about this. That same driver was just talking about random stuff and pointed out how lots of the plumbing and wiring harnesses n stuff was somewhat elevated over the top of the engine to facilitate a higher water fording capability. He pointed out that the (one of the?) ECU's is actually mounted right above/on top of the passenger fender well, you'd have to completely submerge those tires and then some to get it wet! Makes sense, pretty cool, had never heard this explanation before.
that makes sense:
Ford Bronco Race Red and Rapid Red Badlands at Bronco Event @ Pearl Ms tt6

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We didn't get hats or books. Just the carabiner.
You got some nice extra swag.

OP
OP
Happytown

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We didn't get hats or books. Just the carabiner.
You got some nice extra swag.
I had read that from others' write ups here! We were thrilled. Random comment one of them told us, when they come to Louisiana next week, the venue "doesn't allow" them to give away the hats! WTH? They are coming to an LSU property, why would LSU care?

Tdecell

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150, 2021 Outer Banks, 2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They were both great looking, I just wish they had one with a MIC top, or maybe an Outer Banks or a different trim level. Other than the color and seat material, they were identical. I was pretty impressed though, I'm ready to take possession of one and be able to drive it!
Nice pictures, (you caught the wife & I in a couple)

C_Copperpot225

Badlands
First Name
Chester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great post and pics. Made me feel better about my decision to go with the non squatch on my badlands after seeing others saying 35s are a must. Excited about the MGV too.

Sponsored

mootruck98

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Happytown

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the write up. Interesting comment about the hoses and wiring that seem to be all over the engine bay. I've not heard that explanation before but might make some sense. I've been critical of it in the past because I thought it was just sloppy design but maybe if they made adjustments to help water crossing I give the designers/engineers a little bit of a pass. All that said....still needs a engine cover!! Haha.

Scotteasymoney

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150. 72 maverick grabber
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So both are on 33s? My turn is tomorrow at 6pm. Hope they cleaned up all the drool.lol jj. I'm sure I will be adding some myself. Wildtrak 4d ,mod bumper ,tow order here, I was so undecided between WT vs BL. My colors were VB or the Rapid. When I got to the dealer and saw a 2021 VB F150 being delivered to a customer all shiny I went with that. They had 3 Rapid Explorers in a row so I thought it would be more popular.

OP
OP
Happytown

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So both are on 33s? My turn is tomorrow at 6pm. Hope they cleaned up all the drool.lol jj. I'm sure I will be adding some myself. Wildtrak 4d ,mod bumper ,tow order here, I was so undecided between WT vs BL. My colors were VB or the Rapid. When I got to the dealer and saw a 2021 VB F150 being delivered to a customer all shiny I went with that. They had 3 Rapid Explorers in a row so I thought it would be more popular.
Yep both on 33's with the upgraded BL wheels
Sponsored