Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is this the Maxlider stripe or another company? Mind telling me the color? Maxlider has 3 different grayish colors and it's hard to tell the difference. This may be the gunmetal option?
Yes. This is the Maxlider vintage stripe in matte black. In the sun it does look more gray and in the shade more black. I think it fits very well with the MIC top and trim.
Sponsored

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes. This is the Maxlider vintage stripe in matte black. In the sun it does look more gray and in the shade more black. I think it fits very well with the MIC top and trim.
Awesome. Thanks. In the sun in the pics, it REALLY looks gray. Very nice look.

sjax42

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Longhorn
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tinted windows

Auto stop eliminator

Stubby antenna

White D rings

White stripes

Powder coated beauty rings white

Rear locking enclosure with raising lid

Center console vault

Dash camera

Waiting on fog lights

Waiting on auto cover

C2D8373C-0F67-4C53-AD3E-9710FCA8A747.jpeg

Sponsored

96GreenBronco

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco XLT, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 7M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco RACE RED Bronco Club 20211023_174352rev1
Ford Bronco RACE RED Bronco Club 20211023_173816

The day finally arrived for our family and our Race Red 7MT Badlands finally arrived from Dirt Mountain this past week. We picked her up in the old 96 (since I foolishly had sold my daily driver back in July when I got a build notice the first time). Took her out for some light wheeling yesterday, my wife commented "well, she ain't no princess" after we powered through some some moderate mud like it was nothing. I'll have to find some more challenging terrain.

Overall we are very impressed and we love it as our new family daily driver. For us, this 16 month journey was worth the wait but we know we were fortunate to have gotten it already.

(Excessive Text Below)

First impressions:
-For anyone who enjoys stick shift, I don't think you will be disappointed. It is peppy in first through third and when you get into boost it will put a smile on. I drove the v6 at the off rodeo; I still think they should offer the v6 (or bigger) with the 7 speed, but this will be great until that day comes. No Regrets whatsoever choosing the stick shift.

-Crawler gear is awesome. Be careful, you can launch yourself in 4L

-I had a cactus grey order-holder approach us unsolicited telling us she is changing her order to Race Red. Color really Pops in direct sun and I have yet to see another one in my color. I think there is enough black on the vehicle to make it work well.

-33" BFG A/T (AKA at the Off-Rodeo as "The Small Tires") on the Badlands are fantastic offroad, grippy and quiet on road. I've had these on my other trucks so I had no concerns. I think proportionally when you see in person the 33s look great.

-FYI the Ford spare tire covers do fit on stock Badlands tires but I doubt if you could go much bigger. Let me know if anyone wants pics or info

-MIC top 2.0 is nice. Front coming off is great for little kids to be in shade in the back while we have the open air. It is a little tricky to get in and out of the roof rails TBH. Kind of have to close the main latch and then shift it a bit towards back to get it out. The rooftop bag I recommend, slides right in the back and protects the panels.

-Got seat covers for under the kids' carseats. I think i would also recommend these because the MGV is so nice I'd hate to have the carseats damage them when you tighten them down

-Bike Rack; my dealer ordered both the Yakima and the Thule from the Bronco accessories catalog and said we could pick one since he didn't know which one would work to open the back gate with the rack on. Well, short answer is neither at the moment, even with the accessory hitch extension in the catalog; the tire on the back hits it before you can open the glass (even with rack folded down). We took the Thule rack home because we can use it on our 96 if we can't get it to work, but if anyone has any suggestions or has figured this out let me know. I am thinking about getting a longer hitch extension than the one in the catalog may work, I have to take some measurements. Overall this is kind of a fail IMO. I will post update when I mess with it some more.

-Feels smaller inside than my 96 but still very comfortable

-I ended up getting the high pkg as a last min impulse buy. All the tech is a little overwhelming sometimes TBH but I can see how most of it might be useful. It will take a while to get used to.

If anyone has any questions, let me know, but I want to thank my dealer for absolutely no BS and answering/putting up with all my questions for this long process. I also want to thank this community for all the info and pics to help make this journey a little easier. Been waiting 25 years for a new Bronco, and it was worth the wait!

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tinted windows

Auto stop eliminator

Stubby antenna

White D rings

White stripes

Powder coated beauty rings white

Rear locking enclosure with raising lid

Center console vault

Dash camera

Waiting on fog lights

Waiting on auto cover

Ford Bronco RACE RED Bronco Club 20211023_173816
This is my fav so far. Love the white details

Papow

Base
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@96GreenBronco You may want to look at the Yakima Fullswing rack maybe with a hitch extender. The rack is expensive but it also swings out on the same axis as the wheel.

jbrentd

Outer Banks
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Audi CQ, '97 4Runner, 2011 FX35
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Before and after
Zone 2"lift and BFG KO2 35's
And yes, I kept the steelies. They're my favorite part!

Ford Bronco RACE RED Bronco Club 20211025_173424

Ford Bronco RACE RED Bronco Club 20211025_173424
Looks good!

Sponsored

jbrentd

Outer Banks
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Our dirt mountain survivor made it home yesterday!
Ford Bronco RACE RED Bronco Club A7BEA45B-8361-4DDF-82CE-331BDAE9F61B
Ford Bronco RACE RED Bronco Club 7CD46EDE-9AE6-4B42-A052-BC2E70CBB981

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am also joining the Race Red club, originally ordered Rapid Red but had to change like others had to. I really think the Race Red looks great, better than Hot Pepper Red (too orange for me). Can't wait to some day driving it around live some of you.

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our dirt mountain survivor made it home yesterday!
More pics please! Almost my exact build, I plan on swapping in a Badlands grille though. For the life of me, I don't get why Ford went with the black painted grille on the OBX and WT. It clashes with so many of the colors.

jbrentd

Outer Banks
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

More pics please! Almost my exact build, I plan on swapping in a Badlands grille though. For the life of me, I don't get why Ford went with the black painted grille on the OBX and WT. It clashes with so many of the colors.
I thought the exact thing about the OBX grille, but after I put that rock chip/bug deflector thing on the front, I like the way it matches. You can see it in that first picture I posted.

Here are some more pics. I went ahead and blacked out the rear emblem with some plasti-dip and put the Bronco script emblems on the front quarter panels.

Ford Bronco RACE RED Bronco Club 1636469454226

Ford Bronco RACE RED Bronco Club 1636469471397

Ford Bronco RACE RED Bronco Club 1636469483145

Rolling off the assembly line

Ford Bronco RACE RED Bronco Club 1636469765150

FunForAll

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, 2 F-150s, Explorer, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree with 93_SVT_3503, more pics please! Especially the interior since I also ordered OBX, Race Red with Roast cloth interior! Main difference is that mine's going to be a 2-door...
Sponsored