Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ha, ok. I guess as long as “everyone” is accepting of the crappy MPG then Ford doesn’t need to progress and improve the technology.

I just don’t think it’s unreasonable in 2021 to want a vehicle with awesome off-road capabilities and good gas mileage.

So much complacency...
Ford did quite a bit of engineering to get us 300+ HP out of a twin turbo V6, awesome offroad capability, great highway driveability and decent gas mileage on 35's. That's the opposite of complacent.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jdyount

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How was it climbing in and out?
I have a few extra inches in height but lose that advantage due to old man knees!
It wasn't bad at all (non-squach). I could definitely see the need for some sort of step with any more height. I'm going 2-3" lift with 37s so I'm sure I'll have to get used to stepping way up....

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

• Haha
Reactions: Jdc

Sponsored

Booker34

Badlands
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw the same two in STL a couple days earlier.
I was blown away by how nice the MGV seats were. Far better than the nicest boat seats I've seen.

Since I ordered the WildTrak, MGV isn't a factory option, but I would seriously consider ordering from parts, or swapping out with a wrecked Badlands. It'd be a direct swap for me since I went with non-power seats anyway. I wasn't going to pay 2k+ for Ford leather... never been a fan of Blue Oval Cows.
I’m back and forth between big bend or Black Diamond... how did the MGV feel? I’m on Omaha and expect that will be the two here on Thursday.

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Something I noticed in these when I saw them Friday was that the doors have two different patterns on the vinyl. They are close, but not the same. The vinyl on the center console was also different from these two if I recall.

1B7C5BED-4A51-4932-B855-349BD73025B1.jpeg

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My order is Velocity Blue but I was considering Rapid Red at one time. My wife has a 2016 Ruby Red Explorer Sport, we really love that color and I think it's fairly close. I think it would look great with a shiny Modular Hardtop but I don't think it looks as good with all of the matte black features on the Bronco. In person I think the Race Red was the better of the 2, just fit a little better IMO.
The Ruby Red is :love:. Ford's best red ever. Rapid Red is not quite as good--at least on the vehicles I've seen it on. But different vehicles have different body lines, so maybe it will be better on the Bronco. But that Ruby Red has just so much depth, it really does look like a gemstone.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wasn't going to pay 2k+ for Ford leather... never been a fan of Blue Oval Cows.
The MGV seats look really good...I feel more confident in my order of MGV instead of the leather.
This. I think Ford has changed cow farms over the years. The leather in the '04 F150 has held up better than the '14 Escape. The outside bolsters on the Escape front buckets have had cracking. Plus the leather feels far less supple than leather I've had on previous non-Fords (admittedly, more premium vehicles.)

I figure, worst-case, that $2,200 I didn't spend should pay for some nice leather seat covers. :)

Last edited:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 0-40 mpg range reminds me of those 1990s Honda Civics with speedometers that went up to 160 mph... quit your bullsh-- LOL
That's probably instant fuel economy, and there will be times when you hit that. When you're coasting from a high rate of speed like coming off the off-ramp on the freeway. 😄 But it's more annoying to "peg the meter" and wonder how much better you're actually doing.

Like that time when my car had a federally-limited speedo that maxed at 85. After pegging it, I had to count the number of seconds it stayed at 85 after I let off the gas and then estimate how much faster I was probably going. No fun. :) Sure glad I was able to break my land speed record in another vehicle with a proper speedo that met or exceeded the vehicles v-max speed. 😄
Ford Bronco Race Red vs Rapid Red 4-Door Badlands at KRRP Event. Closeups of MGV Seats 160mph2

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sure hope those are pre-pro floor liners. Those front ones look like crap from a F&F perspective. I opted out of them (BL + MGV), though I thought they looked good in B&P, figuring I could add them later or go with WeatherTech.
I've been a WeatherTech customer for ages. Not cheap. But this time I'm not getting them because I get them to protect the carpet underneath, particularly from the winter. But no need with the Badlands flooring. Compared to other photos and renders I've seen, these definitely don't look ready for prime time, though.

I'll have to decide on which way to go for the cargo area. Definitely getting a cover for that. The WeatherTech usually has a really deep rim, which has its pros and cons. But they are usually more heavy-duty than the factory mats.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great pics

OP
OP
Jdyount

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I forgot, there was a guy there with a tape measure and a big box full of stuff that he was test fitting in the cargo area, I would be interested to see what he came up with. I think the box was one of the large size Home Depot moving boxes. He had like a soft rifle case and who knows what else. I shoulda took some pics but I was busy chatting with the Ford Rep and didn't think about it.
Sponsored