Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m just looking for better MPG than 16 for a cool off-reading vehicle in 2021. Doesn‘t seem unreasonable.
Good, you have done the research.

Please, fill us in on what you chose.
So

So snarky Mr. Astley!
You have implied tone through text. That seldom works. I was being genuinely optimistic. I'm excited and interested in your research.

Now, your topic deserves it's own thread, but you have implied that there is a vehicle out there that i'm entirely unaware of and they exist because proper engineers were on the job to design them. My automotive juices are pumping, my log-ins are logged and my hard drives are hard!

Please share the vehicles that have overcome the laws of fluid dynamics and thermal properties of the ICE to be the perfect off-road vehicle AND highway cruiser.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the pictures Jason. However, when I saw this one it scared me, because those people that need that kind of advise live among us. :)

Ford Bronco Race Red vs Rapid Red 4-Door Badlands at KRRP Event. Closeups of MGV Seats No ste

Scottrj12

Big Bend
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You have implied tone through text. That seldom works. I was being genuinely optimistic. I'm excited and interested in your research.

Now, your topic deserves it's own thread, but you have implied that there is a vehicle out there that i'm entirely unaware of and they exist because proper engineers were on the job to design them. My automotive juices are pumping, my log-ins are logged and my hard drives are hard!

Please share the vehicles that have overcome the laws of fluid dynamics and thermal properties of the ICE to be the perfect off-road vehicle AND highway cruiser.
Still so snarky!

Stangcrazy66

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SHO, 2001 Cobra, 2021 bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was at the Los Angeles event on Saturday. Pretty warm day, in the low 80's. There was a BD there and the vinyl was HOT. Very, very hot. This was around noon. YMMV.
Good info. Cant imagine its worse than the leather in my sho. Was just curious. Thanks

Sponsored

Scottrj12

Big Bend
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You have so much verisimilitude on the subject. Please do share.
Why can you not answer any post with questions to you with anything but SNARKY replies?

It's okay to type out intelligent and conversational replies.
God forbid anyone question or express a desire for better gas mileage on this site, otherwise the MPG police like you and Mr. Astley respond with passive aggression. You guys just like to hear yourself speak and it’s boring.

OP
OP
Jdyount

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice pics. I have always wondered if the clock with the dash info is the total time the bronco has been on because if we are looking at 25 days, 14 hr, 38 min? If that is true and they only drove 1079 or 1086 miles in all that time then the bronco has be left idling for a pretty long time meaning the 15.8mpg would not be an accurate representation of mpg.
I can tell you the clock is rolling when the engine is off. My phone takes those motion pictures, I noticed today I can see it changed a second. That being said, these Broncos are KOEO a TON so that could account for the high timer, it could also just be an absolute timer running from when it was last reset.

kkooch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus ES350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The soft top is just horrid. It looks like a harbor freight $50 tarp on top. I hope they improve in the coming years but in the mean time, I'll be ordering a third party soft top when available.

-KK

Christym2010

Wildtrak
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think these are the two I saw at Kaufman stadium last night when I went to see the Angel game. I'm 5'11 and was incredibly comfortable and worth the seat adjusted for me up front, I had plenty of room in the back seat. I'm waiting for the modular top so won't see mine until end of year at earliest but I'm even more excited than I was before. WT/Sas/A51 ordered 7/18/20
Sponsored