Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am noticing that it doesn't matter how many times people on this forum are told this. They just don't get it, or don't want to so they can complain.?‍♂
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I thought the OBX was all color and the wildtrak was all gloss black.
The accents (mirror caps, horse logo out back, wheels, roof) are, but handles are body color.

I'm definitely getting the keypad ...

... at the dealer's parts counter, so I can put it somewhere less unattractive than the factory location.
I agree with this, I think this is how I'm going to do it as well - I like the functionality of the keypad, but don't like this implementation at all.

So much angst abot the keypad, how many of you guys actually use the keypad? I've had one on many vehicles since our 1996 Mercury Mountaineer, and I can honestly say I've never used one any other time than when we were changing the code to what we wanted.
Fairly often - it's nice if you have to go out and get something in the car and forget the keys, and/or if you go somewhere you don't want to bring your keys with you, you can leave the keys in the car and still be able to get in. It's more of a convenience than anything.

If it's anything like our Explorer or Expedition were, the black button on the left should do those functions.

Screenshot_20201213-210507_Chrome.jpg
Yes, if you have the key. The keypad does those things when you don't have the key on you.

I don't have the black button on my Edge...to open I just touch the handle and the door unlocks...to lock I just hit the 2 bottom buttons on the B post..(don't have a key hole either)
You should be able to touch the ridges on the top of the handle to lock your door instead of having to use the keypad to lock (with the key, of course)

Ford Bronco Race Red Wildtrak Sasquatch, Soft Top + keypad 1608178012047

Ace120

Base
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I saw this one last night at Kroger (18 and dequindre). First one I have seen in person. Wow, pictures don’t do it justice. They are so much bigger than wranglers. I was worried about interior space (being 6’ 1” and going from a full size truck) but I think they will be fine. Size wise I think it was similar to a Hummer H3 (small hummer) if anyone remembers them. Makes sense I guess, those were build from GM’s mid side truck platform as well.

OP
OP
KAPtain327

KAPtain327

Badlands
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw this one last night at Kroger (18 and dequindre). First one I have seen in person. Wow, pictures don’t do it justice. They are so much bigger than wranglers. I was worried about interior space (being 6’ 1” and going from a full size truck) but I think they will be fine. Size wise I think it was similar to a Hummer H3 (small hummer) if anyone remembers them. Makes sense I guess, those were build from GM’s mid side truck platform as well.
I agree with you on the size! I was shocked on how tall it stood in the sea of cars in the lot. Pics don’t do it justice. I’m hoping the 2 door Badlands has the same presence.

Sponsored

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, the keypad I passed on as well, it looks horrible. In saying that, isnt the Ford app going to be able to unlock the doors anyways? If so, what good is this keypad if you tend to carry your phone everywhere? Personally not worth it imo, and maybe stick somewhere else on the car, but pickup as mentioned from Ford parts separately.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Phones don’t work everywhere. phones run out of power, phones break, and phones get lost.

Phones are a bandaid in this situation to Ford screwing the pooch.
Sponsored