RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For those of you living in the snow belt you may experience a warning message indicating front sensor blocked. In my case it’s was snow and ice caked on the sensor. You have to pull over and wipe off the sensor if you want your adaptive cruise back on. You would think FORD who built ,designed and more importantly road tested this vehicle in the Michigan could have discovered this issue. May be they will find some way of sending heat to this sensor,to keep it defrosted.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eh, it's a cost thing. They could do all kinds of things to the Bronco if they wanted, but it'll add on to the cost. Sure they could add a heat coil to the ACC sensor up front, but is it worth the added cost when over half of the country lives in an area that will never have that issue?? Is it worth increasing the cost of the Lux package just to add a heat coil? Maybe, but probably not.

(Also... to be honest if I was in the ice/snow I probably wouldn't be relying on adaptive cruise control. But that's just my personal preference.)

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No different than the parking sensors on our Bronco or my f150. They freeze over or get caked up during winter.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has nothing to do with cost cutting. It wa the same for my Raptor as well. The sensors got covered with ice and snow.

Sponsored

JenB

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep LJ, 2021 4DR Badlands, 2023 DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in North Idaho where we’ve had like 4 ft of snow in the last few weeks. My sensors are going off constantly—not ACC since I have high pkg, but parking assist sensor and camera alerts like crazy. Very annoying. More concerning, twice my wipers have started to accumulate huge amounts of ice during snow events—-the first time I was driving late at night, home from airport, and the ice block was over 6 inches square, hugely inhibiting visibility and there was no safe place to pull over. Second time was not as significant, when driving through freezing rain/sleet/snow. Was no snow on the wipers when I started to drive, and max defrost could did not help.

Regan

Wildtrak
First Name
Regan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murano and 08 chev Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a Nissan Murano, whenever it is snowing get the same message that sensor is blocked. Seems like a common problem.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For those of you living in the snow belt you may experience a warning message indicating front sensor blocked. In my case it’s was snow and ice caked on the sensor. You have to pull over and wipe off the sensor if you want your adaptive cruise back on. You would think FORD who built ,designed and more importantly road tested this vehicle in the Michigan could have discovered this issue. May be they will find some way of sending heat to this sensor,to keep it defrosted.
LOL, It's not a Land Rover, sorry. This equates to going out to your vehicle on a snowy day, and expecting some sort of robotic arm from the Jetsons to clean off all the snow, and scrape ice while you sit inside the vehicle and do nothing,

JenB

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep LJ, 2021 4DR Badlands, 2023 DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, It's not a Land Rover, sorry. This equates to going out to your vehicle on a snowy day, and expecting some sort of robotic arm from the Jetsons to clean off all the snow, and scrape ice while you sit inside the vehicle and do nothing,
I brush all of it off before I start driving, it accumulates during the drive in snow storms

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can’t think of one vehicle that the sensors are heated. Can anyone else? I’ve owned Acura, jeep, ford, MB, with that equipment and they all did the same thing in the snow.

Mike_D

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4D Bronco BD, '23 2D Bronco Base Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can’t think of one vehicle that the sensors are heated. Can anyone else? I’ve owned Acura, jeep, ford, MB, with that equipment and they all did the same thing in the snow.
I think the camera/sensor for the Ram 1500 is right next to the rear view mirror inside the vehicle.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think the camera/sensor for the Ram 1500 is right next to the rear view mirror inside the vehicle.
The camera in the bronco is in the same place.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The camera in the bronco is in the same place.
Pretty sure all systems besides Subaru use a combination of sensor and camera. I know my collision avoidance and adaptive cruise fault when my H logo is blocked.
Sponsored