Ipe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350, Expedition, Defender, JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For what its worth all our vehicles have this same issue, the LR Defender, the F350 Platinum, the Expedition Limited (now sold), all of them would have the ACC radar sensor thing ice over. On all of them I commented to myself and wife: WTF!? These are spendy vehicles, they should have heaters over the ACC sensor units to keep this from happening.

Yeah, well.... nope. Maybe one of these days but currently, nope.

The Defender has electrical heating elements in the windshield to melt ice but I guess the wires could/would mess up the radar? I donno. Either way, its still a pain.
Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For those of you living in the snow belt you may experience a warning message indicating front sensor blocked. In my case it’s was snow and ice caked on the sensor. You have to pull over and wipe off the sensor if you want your adaptive cruise back on. You would think FORD who built ,designed and more importantly road tested this vehicle in the Michigan could have discovered this issue. May be they will find some way of sending heat to this sensor,to keep it defrosted.

Does the Bronco revert to standard cruise when ACC is unavailable?

This is why I didnt option it. I had this very issue with my Cadillac. I didnt revert to standard cruise. I simply didnt have cruise control any longer. I didnt like that and when I ordered the Bronco, I stayed away from the option.

Some would argue that using cruise in these conditions isn't safe...while a concern, it isn't inherently unsafe. Many times the roads are fine, treated, managed yet ice/snow build up on the vehicle just from driving.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is why I don't like all of the electronics, especially adaptive cruise. I got the front camera to help off road. Can you use the forescan product to turn this devices on and off?

SASProbie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Windup Toy
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I heard
This is why I don't like all of the electronics, especially adaptive cruise. I got the front camera to help off road. Can you use the forescan product to turn this devices on and off?
I heard Holley was making a carb conversion for the Bronco. Might want to look at that too… 😂

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You get four feet of snow where you reside, we get car jacked where I reside. I’ll take the snow and the iced over sensor thank you.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Maybe they could add auto cleaners on 360° cameras too

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Lmao just don't turn it on if you don't like it. No reason to disable it...

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Put a good coat of ceramic wax on the bumper and see if that helps

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Simple solution, disable the nanny and pay attention to driving.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Skeeterjack

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don’t see how they will ever produce an autonomous vehicle if they can’t keep vehicle sensors from being blocked with ice and snow.

OP
OP
Skeeterjack

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You get four feet of snow where you reside, we get car jacked where I reside. I’ll take the snow and the iced over sensor thank you.
You might want to consider a pit Bull in the back seat and a can of pepper spray when your out on a drive.

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s simple copy how Jeep handles (1) button for adaptive cruise control (1) button for standard cruise control. It’s annoying only having adaptive cruise control but not a huge issue. Agree you really shouldn‘t use cruise when it’s snowing however this time of year and spring snow shower in the mountains this feature is useless.

SVCOFFROAD

Big Bend
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For those of you living in the snow belt you may experience a warning message indicating front sensor blocked. In my case it’s was snow and ice caked on the sensor. You have to pull over and wipe off the sensor if you want your adaptive cruise back on. You would think FORD who built ,designed and more importantly road tested this vehicle in the Michigan could have discovered this issue. May be they will find some way of sending heat to this sensor,to keep it defrosted.
Have you considered any aftermarket bumpers that relocated the sensor? Our Baja & Winch style bumpers offer a relocation bracket that moves the sensor much higher up by the radiator & condenser.

https://svcoffroad.com/collections/ford-bronco-off-road-parts/products/2021-ford-bronco-baja-bumper
Sponsored