Sponsored

Radflo Coilover Shocks review / feedback?

Jms1

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do not see much on here regarding Radflo shocks. Has anyone had any experience with them? I see they make an extended travel front coil over with an extended length of 23.898 offering 2"-3" of lift. They also make a standard travel with an extended length of 23.35" offering 0-2" of lift. Sounds like this would be good for cv angle being they do not exceed 24 inches and have the ability to not add to much lift for those that want a upgraded shock with out 3 plus inches of lift. I like the King and Fox but if you have a Badlands and are looking to level the front sag from adding a winch and bumper they just add to much lift. Maybe Radflo could fill this gap? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank You
Sponsored

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Look at all the Trail Malitia Videos on Youtube. George has been running Radflo`s for a long time, and wheels the hell out of his 2 door. You can reach out to him.... I believe he is on here....Oscar is as well. I only talked to the Radflo reps at Trail Hero last fall about them.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Stay tuned;) video being filmed this week for an owners perspective comparing Radflo, Icon and King all on 37’s. This will be an unbiased review of all three and showcase jumps, CTI ramp flex, specs, rocks and on road performance.

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know @corey07 has them on her Bronco. Corey, any chance you can provide OP some feedback?
Hi @Jms1 I am running the extended travel Radflos with adjustable reservoirs. Picked them up from @Metal-tech 4x4 . Sounds like you might be more interested in the standard travel with less lift option. Not sure of anyone running that exact coilover. I know @Bird Dog Off Road has the Radflos, but I think he went extended travel as well.

I will just say that the Radflo coilovers as a whole I have been super impressed with. Hitting the Oregon desert whoops has been a blast and I feel like the Bronco handles extremely well with them. I have yet to swap out stock capable bumper on front so haven't tested the additional weight compression (running with zero preload in the front and am about 2" higher over stock badlands)...more focused on working on rear tire carrier bumper ( nudge nudge @Metal-tech 4x4 ). I will note that there was quite a bit sag with the rear after install. I will be swapping out that longer spring with a higher rated rear for more weight support when I add heavier rear bumper.

I am SOO interested to hear report from @popo_patty ! Hoping for some good data to help with my own fine tuning.

Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi @Jms1 I am running the extended travel Radflos with adjustable reservoirs. Picked them up from @Metal-tech 4x4 . Sounds like you might be more interested in the standard travel with less lift option. Not sure of anyone running that exact coilover. I know @Bird Dog Off Road has the Radflos, but I think he went extended travel as well.

I will just say that the Radflo coilovers as a whole I have been super impressed with. Hitting the Oregon desert whoops has been a blast and I feel like the Bronco handles extremely well with them. I have yet to swap out stock capable bumper on front so haven't tested the additional weight compression (running with zero preload in the front and am about 2" higher over stock badlands)...more focused on working on rear tire carrier bumper ( nudge nudge @Metal-tech 4x4 ). I will note that there was quite a bit sag with the rear after install. I will be swapping out that longer spring with a higher rated rear for more weight support when I add heavier rear bumper.

I am SOO interested to hear report from @popo_patty ! Hoping for some good data to help with my own fine tuning.
Correct, I have the Stage 4 kit with ET from Metal Tech 4X4 as well. I love mine and they have doing great so far. The OP DM'd me about this a day or so ago and my reply to similar to yours. the non ET versions would be a better fit for their height goals.

I would think the only difference would be travel and height, otherwise I'd expect them to perform just as well. I have the adjustable compression, which is nice when off roading across different terrains.

BryantC

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just had a set of extended travel Radflo's installed on my 22 4dr wildtrak. They were left at the height they were shipped at. Once installed the rear had the be adjusted a half inch to level the it with the front. It had a rake to the rear.
Still playing with the adjusters to get a better street feel for now. Getting 37s installed today and will see if I have to adjust the height settings.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was planning to kick off a Radflo thread! I have the extended travel Radflos, been waiting to get them setup better before posting online. I haven't tested offroad yet due to a couple of items that need to be taken care of on my overall setup.

For those that installed, are you happy with the 650lb springs in the front? Even with my winch, RSEs and fully loaded my math aligned with Fox springs, my 18" 550's ($224:cautious:) just arrived and installing them tonight. Kings come with 550lbs on the front, Fox 365lbs on the front (per Accutune). Radflo matches King on the rear so I'm good with those rates, 4.00” x 3.00 500lb / 14.00” x 3.00x 350lb. Older Radflo kits came with 18" springs on the front which is apparatly what I got, ordered from Metal Tech in March. The now current ext travel kit comes with 16" 650lb springs.

Also, did anyone check the rear resi clearance for where the instructions said to mount? Radflo confirmed I mounted in the right spot. My 35" Mickey's easily hit the resi just testing in the garage, I had to get creative and bent the resi mount to sit it more on top of the frame rail. My new rear links are exact same length as stock, maybe the move different? Next step is to move them forward like the Dirtlogics.

I am still happy with the setup: Radflos, Icon UCA and Metal Cloak rear links and track bar. Also installed the RC steering bushing, still need to install the RC rear brake line relo kit. Once I get it dialed in I think it's going to be awesome! Just annoyed about the resi mount (still not sure I have enough clearance) and the oversprung front (it's probably good for dunes and high-speed). Radflo has been very helpful, once I get the 550s on there I'll report back to here and Radflo.

Ford Bronco Radflo Coilover Shocks review / feedback? IMG_8008
Ford Bronco Radflo Coilover Shocks review / feedback? IMG_8220

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jms1

Jms1

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was planning to kick off a Radflo thread! I have the extended travel Radflos, been waiting to get them setup better before posting online. I haven't tested offroad yet due to a couple of items that need to be taken care of on my overall setup.

For those that installed, are you happy with the 650lb springs in the front? Even with my winch, RSEs and fully loaded my math aligned with Fox springs, my 18" 550's ($224:cautious:) just arrived and installing them tonight. Kings come with 550lbs on the front, Fox 365lbs on the front (per Accutune). Radflo matches King on the rear so I'm good with those rates, 4.00” x 3.00 500lb / 14.00” x 3.00x 350lb. Older Radflo kits came with 18" springs on the front which is apparatly what I got, ordered from Metal Tech in March. The now current ext travel kit comes with 16" 650lb springs.

Also, did anyone check the rear resi clearance for where the instructions said to mount? Radflo confirmed I mounted in the right spot. My 35" Mickey's easily hit the resi just testing in the garage, I had to get creative and bent the resi mount to sit it more on top of the frame rail. My new rear links are exact same length as stock, maybe the move different? Next step is to move them forward like the Dirtlogics.

I am still happy with the setup: Radflos, Icon UCA and Metal Cloak rear links and track bar. Also installed the RC steering bushing, still need to install the RC rear brake line relo kit. Once I get it dialed in I think it's going to be awesome! Just annoyed about the resi mount (still not sure I have enough clearance) and the oversprung front (it's probably good for dunes and high-speed). Radflo has been very helpful, once I get the 550s on there I'll report back to here and Radflo.

How much lift would you say you gained it the front? Also, are you thinking that the 650 lbs front springs are to much?

OP
OP
Jms1

Jms1

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just had a set of extended travel Radflo's installed on my 22 4dr wildtrak. They were left at the height they were shipped at. Once installed the rear had the be adjusted a half inch to level the it with the front. It had a rake to the rear.
Still playing with the adjusters to get a better street feel for now. Getting 37s installed today and will see if I have to adjust the height settings.
How much lift did you gain in the front? Did you start with the Bilstein's or Hitachi shocks?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jms1

Jms1

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The extended travel extended length is 23.898" vs the SAS extended length of 23.312" for a net difference of 0.586" in length. So being that the extended travel is only 0.586" longer than a Badlands or SAS I am surprised you got 2" lift over the stock Badlands. May be it is the 650 lbs spring helping with the height increase.

OP
OP
Jms1

Jms1

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct, I have the Stage 4 kit with ET from Metal Tech 4X4 as well. I love mine and they have doing great so far. The OP DM'd me about this a day or so ago and my reply to similar to yours. the non ET versions would be a better fit for their height goals.

I would think the only difference would be travel and height, otherwise I'd expect them to perform just as well. I have the adjustable compression, which is nice when off roading across different terrains.
So you have a Badlands as well and I believe you said you got about 3" of lift in the front. I just did not think I would get that much lift from the extended travel being that they were only 0.586" longer. So happy I sent you that message and asked. Thank You

OP
OP
Jms1

Jms1

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok so my thoughts of over thinking this situation. First I like the Radflo because they stay under 24" extended length and I think that helps with the cv angle. Second, I would not have thought that the extended travel would have netted 2"-3" increase over a Badlands stock front height. Being that they are ~ 0.586" longer in extended length. I am thinking this may be in part to the 650lbs spring. I believe King is at 550lbs and Fox is at 350lbs spring. If a person wanted the extended travel but had a 550lbs spring installed instead of a 650lbs spring would this not take some of the lift out? Then maybe the extended travel would net ~1.5" of lift on a Badlands? I am really looking for that ~1.5" area.
If I choose the standard length it measures the same extended length as the Badlands shock. So I would assume the only lift that would be gained would be from the 650lbs spring. I am stuck in the middle. I am thinking a 550lbs spring on the extended travel may be the option for me, if Radflo will do that.
Any thoughts please.

BryantC

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How much lift did you gain in the front? Did you start with the Bilstein's or Hitachi shocks?
I had bilstein, not sure how much higher it is.
These are still the stock tires.
Ford Bronco Radflo Coilover Shocks review / feedback? 20230607_161154

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much lift would you say you gained it the front? Also, are you thinking that the 650 lbs front springs are to much?
On the front I'm sitting at 2.5" lift over SAS, I had to back the preload all the way off to get it down to there! Yeah, I think 650lbs is too much to let the suspension flex, the stock SAS front rate is 374lbs. 550 should drop the front a little bit and soften up the ride, right now it feels like I could full send a jump or run the Baja, 650 is probably perfect for that type of stuff.
Sponsored