Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got notice that the Rail Car my Bronco is on was 'constructively placed'
Does anyone know what this means?
Yep - it's pending unload, and has been sitting on the siding for too long. The rail yard is now being charged for holding the railroads car for too long. That means they're going to try and hurry up on unloading it.

Actual definition:
When the railroad tries to deliver a railcar and the customer cannot receive it for one reason or another, the railroad places it in CP or constructive placement status. This means that they are washing their hands of it and the demurrage clock is ticking. Actual placement or AP is when the railcar is placed or spotted on the customerā€™s property.

OP
OP
Hyfly

Hyfly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep - it's pending unload, and has been sitting on the siding for too long. The rail yard is now being charged for holding the railroads car for too long. That means they're going to try and hurry up on unloading it.

Actual definition:
When the railroad tries to deliver a railcar and the customer cannot receive it for one reason or another, the railroad places it in CP or constructive placement status. This means that they are washing their hands of it and the demurrage clock is ticking. Actual placement or AP is when the railcar is placed or spotted on the customerā€™s property.
Thank you! Super helpful. Hopefully they get it unloaded ASAP and on a truck to my dealer!

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you! Super helpful. Hopefully they get it unloaded ASAP and on a truck to my dealer!
You're welcome - Have a great weekend!

OP
OP
Hyfly

Hyfly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You're welcome - Have a great weekend!
I will now! Hopefully things move fast in SLC. Only days left now instead of weeks and months!

Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will now! Hopefully things move fast in SLC. Only days left now instead of weeks and months!
Mine was in SLC as well, and was constructively placed, at the Roper railyard. It took a couple days... sadly. Do a full inspection of your vehicle for any body damage as well when you get it. I can't say it was the railyard, the factory, or the train ride over, but I had damage on mine.

Larry H Miller in Draper got it taken care of in less than a week, looks as good as new. No charge, covered by not only warranty, but by the fact it was there when I picked it up.

Ford Bronco Rail car 'constructively placed' 1646437101522

Ford Bronco Rail car 'constructively placed' 1646437113169

Ford Bronco Rail car 'constructively placed' 1646437121713

OP
OP
Hyfly

Hyfly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine was in SLC as well, and was constructively placed, at the Roper railyard. It took a couple days... sadly. Do a full inspection of your vehicle for any body damage as well when you get it. I can't say it was the railyard, the factory, or the train ride over, but I had damage on mine.

Larry H Miller in Draper got it taken care of in less than a week, looks as good as new. No charge, covered by not only warranty, but by the fact it was there when I picked it up.

Glad they got it fixed up for you! Ill look it over close and hopefully don't miss anything.
'Took a couple days' was that to unload the real car or to truck it to the dealer?
I can do a couple days to get it to the dealer! I've heard some stories where it sits at the rail yard for 1+ weeks waiting for a truck.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unusual damage for transit damage. Not sure how that could of occurred. My guess would be someone wearing boots dragged an eyelet or quick lace across the paint.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was in SLC as well, and was constructively placed, at the Roper railyard. It took a couple days... sadly.
Roper doesnā€™t have the space to sit on cars. Busy yard and not a very big auto ramp attached. Issue isnā€™t the unloading, itā€™s getting the truckers in to transport to the dealer. Iā€™m sure they will have it unloaded tomorrow. Drivers wonā€™t pick up on Sunday since the dealer ships are closed, so Monday pickup at the earliest.

• Love
Reactions: Cat

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Actual definition:
I learned something today! Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hyfly

Hyfly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Roper doesnā€™t have the space to sit on cars. Busy yard and not a very big auto ramp attached. Issue isnā€™t the unloading, itā€™s getting the truckers in to transport to the dealer. Iā€™m sure they will have it unloaded tomorrow. Drivers wonā€™t pick up on Sunday since the dealer ships are closed, so Monday pickup at the earliest.
Got it! Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
Hyfly

Hyfly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Do you know what ā€˜released for movementā€™ means?

That1chic

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Actual definition:
I am getting the constructively placed message as well. Except the location of the trace is still saying Belvidere Illinois, and the destination is Oklahoma. Is it possible it is at its destination? Or could there be another reason for the constructively placed message at rail yard that is not the destination rail yard?

The expected arrival to destination date was April 29th and thatā€™s when the constructively placed messagefirst played.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am getting the constructively placed message as well. Except the location of the trace is still saying Belvidere Illinois, and the destination is Oklahoma. Is it possible it is at its destination? Or could there be another reason for the constructively placed message at rail yard that is not the destination rail yard?

The expected arrival to destination date was April 29th and thatā€™s when the constructively placed messagefirst played.
They could have just placed it at the wrong rail yard, and eventually move it to the correct one. Mine went four states passed the one it should have been in, and then a few days later was brought back to Utah.
Sponsored