Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got caught in the rain with the roof off and noticed that the visors with the vanity mirrors basically fill with water and I'm pretty sure the HomeLink module got soaked and is toast now (no led, doesn't work). The vanity lights work fine though. I haven't seen any similar posts, but has anyone else had a similar experience? I had no other issues with anything else in the interior.
Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is doing something similar. Not sure if I would say it "filled up" with water, but I did have the interior get rained on briefly a couple times. Not a soaking. It started working after I flipped the visor open and shut.

Jwredneck

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150, 1969 U14 EB, 1969 U15 EB
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got caught in the rain with the roof off and noticed that the visors with the vanity mirrors basically fill with water and I'm pretty sure the HomeLink module got soaked and is toast now (no led, doesn't work). The vanity lights work fine though. I haven't seen any similar posts, but has anyone else had a similar experience? I had no other issues with anything else in the interior.
We are in the same boat. Had the exact same scenario happen. I have been looking at options, and the homelink module runs about $170 new. New visor is over $300. I'm thinking of finding a junkyard donor visor, since the homelink modules all seem to be the same, and figuring out how to separate the visor and install.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We are in the same boat. Had the exact same scenario happen. I have been looking at options, and the homelink module runs about $170 new. New visor is over $300. I'm thinking of finding a junkyard donor visor, since the homelink modules all seem to be the same, and figuring out how to separate the visor and install.
I was going to add homelink to my standard visor but the visor is covered in a stiff/molded vinyl. I'm not sure you can get it opened up without cutting it. If you cut it, I'm not sure how you'd get it back together without it looking bad.

Have you tried just taking it to the dealer and saying the remote isn't working? the worst they can do is deny a warranty replacement.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was going to add homelink to my standard visor but the visor is covered in a stiff/molded vinyl. I'm not sure you can get it opened up without cutting it. If you cut it, I'm not sure how you'd get it back together without it looking bad.

Have you tried just taking it to the dealer and saying the remote isn't working? the worst they can do is deny a warranty replacement.
Exactly. I would call them for warranty.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Weasel2021

Weasel2021

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be, but I think there's a good chance this will just keep happening. I was going to ask to hold onto the old visor to see how I can remove the HomeLink module and look at options to better protect it. There's a cavity in the foam for the mirror and HomeLink, that's what gets filled with water. It's not a lot, but it's definitely a problem.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I will be, but I think there's a good chance this will just keep happening. I was going to ask to hold onto the old visor to see how I can remove the HomeLink module and look at options to better protect it. There's a cavity in the foam for the mirror and HomeLink, that's what gets filled with water. It's not a lot, but it's definitely a problem.
I agree with you on it being a potential issue. I would think Ford should have engineered it a bit differently knowing people will have the tops off/open and are susceptible to occasional moisture.

The mirror is on the top side and remote is on the underside when the visor is in the upright position. Did the water pool around the mirror and leak into the visor that way or was the visor down?

OP
OP
Weasel2021

Weasel2021

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with you on it being a potential issue. I would think Ford should have engineered it a bit differently knowing people will have the tops off/open and are susceptible to occasional moisture.

The mirror is on the top side and remote is on the underside when the visor is in the upright position. Did the water pool around the mirror and leak into the visor that way or was the visor down?
The visor was up and I suspect the cavity is open from the mirror to the HomeLink, so water pooled in the mirror and ran into the HomeLink module. They did a good job of engineering the rest of the interior for this situation. Most of the switches are rubberized, any place in the console that could collect water has drain holes. This seems like an oversight.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if I don’t agree on this one. If you permitted it to get wet, it shouldn’t be warranty. Ford did not claim the interior to be waterproof.

OP
OP
Weasel2021

Weasel2021

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if I don’t agree on this one. If you permitted it to get wet, it shouldn’t be warranty. Ford did not claim the interior to be waterproof.
Looks like we have very similar specs. Ford did spend a fair amount of effort designing the interior to handle the elements to an extent. I didn't submerge the visors... We'll see what Ford says. I feel it's a valid issue and I'm sure I won't be the only one.

Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like we have very similar specs. Ford did spend a fair amount of effort designing the interior to handle the elements to an extent. I didn't submerge the visors... We'll see what Ford says. I feel it's a valid issue and I'm sure I won't be the only one.
For sure want to know the outcome. I do hope they do Take care of you.

MyBHinds

First Edition
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sean, Curious as to what came of this. Did Ford replace it. Similar occurrence happened to mine over the weekend. Stopped working and pretty sure it may have gotten wet.

OP
OP
Weasel2021

Weasel2021

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It started working again a few weeks later… I’m sure there’s corrosion and who knows how long it’ll last. I haven’t had any issues since though.
Sponsored