Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was in Forscan and noticed the rain sensor setting in SCCM was disabled. So, I enabled it. Am I being naïve that this will turn on rain sensing wipers? Is this for something else?

Ford Bronco Rain Sensor setting 1640898890041
Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I offer no insight, but I enjoy your discovery and have always wondered why Broncos don't have auto wiper/rain sensors.

@D2dhanover is the likely guy to ask.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You also have it as a fiesta so you enabled the 3 cylinder engine feature.

No I doubt it does anything. I think most new ford’s share the same computer. Same as turning on auto fold mirrors won’t make it work if the hardware isn’t there.

OP
OP
Stonetree

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You also have it as a fiesta so you enabled the 3 cylinder engine feature.

No I doubt it does anything. I think most new ford’s share the same computer. Same as turning on auto fold mirrors won’t make it work if the hardware isn’t there.
I have no idea why it says "Fiesta." I didn't touch that setting.

Sponsored

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Stonetree

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Without this sensor, no sensing.
I understand that. I have the lux package and was hoping maybe the sensor was just turned off. I have no idea if it actually has that sensor. Makes no sense that they wouldn't have rain sensing in at least the lux package.

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just picked up my truck with the lux package and was also a bit annoyed it didn't have auto wipers. Let us know if this works out for you, although after watching this video it looks like it also should have a different wiper stalk.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is it too difficult to just reach for the wiper button and turn them on when it's raining?
Absolutely not, but I get it. I'm getting spoiled by the auto high beams. So much so that I have to pay attention driving my other vehicles as they don't have this feature.

My 2006 Chrysler has auto wipers that work flawlessly and it's honestly great to have. So the fact my almost 16 yr old car has them but not my new Lux pkg Bronco is slightly annoying.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it too difficult to just reach for the wiper button and turn them on when it's raining?
It's not so much the turning on and off, but more so constantly having to adjust the speed while in traffic. I had an '01 M5 and '02 M3 which both had the feature and it was awesome! My current DD of 5+ years doesn't have it and I still miss it every time it rains.

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I miss that too. My Mustang had them and it was nice not having to constantly adjust the wiper speed. This is the stalk for a Expedition I wonder if it would work.
Windshield Wiper Switch | FordUS
Ticks me off that ford parts does not have any parts listings for the Bronco. All it shows me are connector repair kits.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Here in the Seattle area, I often have to adjust the wiper settings probably 50x over a few hours of driving. Highly variable precipitation volume as you move around the region, localized areas of significantly more or less rain. Slow speeds followed by high speeds, etc. It’s not a “set it and forget it” situation if you live somewhere that gets a lot of precipitation.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you all seen the wiper thread where the OP claims there is a serious safety flaw in the system?
He shows a vid with his wipers on high and they automatically start slowing down the go into intermittent.
All of this while the windshield was dry.
I'm wondering if the wiper motors have load sensing maybe? I asked the OP to try the same test while soaking the windshield with a garden hose 🤷
Would maybe be a nice option, especially if you park the night before with the wipers on and they freeze to the windshield lol

Reactions: Cat

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you all seen the wiper thread where the OP claims there is a serious safety flaw in the system?
He shows a vid with his wipers on high and they automatically start slowing down the go into intermittent.
All of this while the windshield was dry.
I'm wondering if the wiper motors have load sensing maybe? I asked the OP to try the same test while soaking the windshield with a garden hose 🤷
Would maybe be a nice option, especially if you park the night before with the wipers on and they freeze to the windshield lol
I've noticed the wipers slowing down while driving in the rain, but wasn't sure if I was imagining it.
I didn't notice it because the wipers weren't keeping up with the rain, the rain actually letup a bit and the wipers slowed down.
Super confusing because there is no automatic wiper setting (something I miss for same reasons as stated above).
I still had to adjust the speed with the stalk, so any 'automatic' speed changes weren't calibrated for me.
Sponsored