Sponsored

Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack

RAKET Roof Rack Poll….Would you rather have a...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Position 1 and cargo lift are priority for me. Major plus if cargo lift works with IAG struts.

This is my status a big portion of the summer:

Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack 2A32594D-78A9-4B41-A0F2-A28BD825A08C
Sponsored

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Position 1 and cargo lift are priority for me. Major plus if cargo lift works with IAG struts.

This is my status a big portion of the summer:

Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack 2A32594D-78A9-4B41-A0F2-A28BD825A08C
Honestly I’ve never tried it with the IAG struts, but it does sit comfortable using the factory stand.
Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack DCC612B1-B4BC-49F4-BE28-BFE6095EFD37

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@RAKET - the IAG struts push it a bit higher. Is there room for extra lift?

You should get a set. Game changer.

Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack E86EC763-26BB-415F-914E-5D13AB9F2298

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@RAKET - the IAG struts push it a bit higher. Is there room for extra lift?

You should get a set. Game changer.

Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack E86EC763-26BB-415F-914E-5D13AB9F2298
I may go out and get some. I just met with my engineering team and one factor is we’re slimming down the top of the rear tower + adjusting the angles of the sides to accommodate the window bend. It works now but we’re trying to limit any rubbing that can cause issues.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may go out and get some. I just met with my engineering team and one factor is we’re slimming down the top of the rear tower + adjusting the angles of the sides to accommodate the window bend. It works now but we’re trying to limit any rubbing that can cause issues.
Definitely grab a set. Game changer for sure, and I'd wager a lot of your target audience probably has them, and they do push up higher.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Definitely grab a set. Game changer for sure, and I'd wager a lot of your target audience probably has them, and they do push up higher.
Will do. Right now the redesign is to widen the sides (of the tower) so it doesn’t rub when the rear is lifted. We’re adjusting the angles to create less friction, in turn that should allow it to lift higher. Thanks we’re going to start cutting into the prototype next week and making the tweaks before we complete rack systems for the SEMA build

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

9-22-22 Update

It’s hilarious that I’ve been deactivated TWICE (on Instagram) from being reported by a competitor. I’m confident that we’ll fine tune this rack…but somebody out there needs to be ok with competition 🙂. Don’t be scurrd lol.

For updates visit our website or check our 6G threads.

Anyways, we’re working on another prototype to prepare for SEMA. We’ll get rid of that forehead & put molle’s on those tower sides. Thanks

Derick

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's kind of wack.
Very. I found out since I read over their rules and the only one that could’ve cause 2 deactivated accounts (in less than 3 weeks) was someone reporting complaints on all RAKET posts. I have two of these images to be proud of haha.

Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack B2ECFB63-ECE3-4D7D-A512-177632160C8E

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

9/26/22 Quick Update
-Instagram has reinstated account @Raketdesign
-Mark 1 prototype complete, but we’re thinning it down significantly. You spoke so we listened. Mark II starts on Wednesday. This includes:
  1. Smaller/Lower Basket (approx 50 lbs total).
  2. Smaller/Curved cowling w/light mount capability.
  3. Lighter Front assembly (approx. 20 lbs)
  4. Slimmer rear tower with molle pattern (approx. 45 lbs).​
We’re excited with a few partnerships we have been working on once the order portal goes live. Don’t forget to add your name to the “early intention list”. I plan to close it this Friday (9/30/22). This list will have first access to the rack system. Thanks for everything and we’ll talk soon.

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking last night. Doesn't happen too often and usually leads to no good, but...

Not to over simplify your engineering, but your basic design to mount the basket looks like a long tube slid into the catches, both front and rear.
Also, without a basket the soft top can be put back in position 1; see photo below.

I don't need the extra cargo capacity of a rack right now, but it would be nice to be able to mount a 270* awning to the side of the rack and keep room for the top to swing open.
A couple long tubes that catch all the clasps and have a mounting plate on the end should be able to position the awning outside the roof throw.
This would be great for casual beach days and camping. Enjoy the roof "down" on the trip and get great shade once you arrive.

Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack 1664209150384

Batwing awning:
Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack 1664210063348

Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack 1664210084528

Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack 1664210124520

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was thinking last night. Doesn't happen too often and usually leads to no good, but...

Not to over simplify your engineering, but your basic design to mount the basket looks like a long tube slid into the catches, both front and rear.
Also, without a basket the soft top can be put back in position 1; see photo below.

I don't need the extra cargo capacity of a rack right now, but it would be nice to be able to mount a 270* awning to the side of the rack and keep room for the top to swing open.
A couple long tubes that catch all the clasps and have a mounting plate on the end should be able to position the awning outside the roof throw.
This would be great for casual beach days and camping. Enjoy the roof "down" on the trip and get great shade once you arrive.

Batwing awning:

Yes you’re exactly right. The goal is to have portability of carrying whatever you want, but having flexibility to not have mounted all the time. The system will take approximately 10-15 minutes to remove/install anywhere. Of course if you’re carrying a full load that time changes, but this can hold a rooftop tent/awning/supplies/cooler/shower tank so it’s not overloading your cabin space.

dmrosas

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'90 E30 / '21 BADLANDS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Signed up on the website! This rack is checking off all the boxes

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name