Sponsored

Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack

RAKET Roof Rack Poll….Would you rather have a...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m also curious about the build options. I don’t think I would opt for a basket myself at the moment. But, perhaps down the line. Love the modularity.
we’ve toyed with the idea of a single plank as well, which may come out later.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As crazy as it sounds there’s such a drop from back to front (on the soft top), but the rack system is level. We’re adjusting that for sure. Yeah not a fan of the big forehead. :)
Are you saying the front of the soft top to the ground is lower than the rear section? That’s likely due to factory rake. Wonder how other rack companies compensate for that.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are you saying the front of the soft top to the ground is lower than the rear section? That’s likely due to factory rake. Wonder how other rack companies compensate for that.
they drop the front mounts lower. Since most are for hardtops it’s difficult to see the drop. I. This picture that basket is level, but the gap (to the roof) is greater in the front. Stuff I’m learning daily lol.

Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack 23028942-5A2F-4071-B3A7-6CCDB466948D

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

they drop the front mounts lower. Since most are for hardtops it’s difficult to see the drop. I. This picture that basket is level, but the gap (to the roof) is greater in the front. Stuff I’m learning daily lol.

Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack 23028942-5A2F-4071-B3A7-6CCDB466948D
That's a super interesting point I hadn't thought about. I know a lot are putting leveling kits on, but I didn't think about the rake impact on the rack. What happens if it's made level with roofline?

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's a super interesting point I hadn't thought about. I know a lot are putting leveling kits on, but I didn't think about the rake impact on the rack. What happens if it's made level with roofline?
that’s closer to what we’re doing. If you’re looking at a 6foot basket a one inch decrease doesn’t affect the overall stance. I think we’ll all be pleased with the changes.

Sponsored

OverDavidLand

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Subscribed and added myself to the mail list.

KhoiPhish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It’s looking so good. Wish I could get it before my road trip nov 5th.

ARock0ne

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you can use it when the soft top is up, and it is easily removable, both without killing my family or anyone else I'm first in line.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It’s looking so good. Wish I could get it before my road trip nov 5th.
Where’s the trip going to be? Man I wish we could make them faster but that timeline will be tough to meet. Once we open up the store we’re limiting quantities each month. As a consumer I’d hate to have unexpected delays, so we’ll set expectations right off the bat. I know you’re on the list so keep an eye out for tomorrow email on how the list sale will work. Thanks.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you can use it when the soft top is up, and it is easily removable, both without killing my family or anyone else I'm first in line.
We actually built the system that in the event of catastrophic failure the basket would stay outside the bronco cage + the tower would fall into the cage/rollbar. The front assembly would fall forward. I’ll say we’ve designed the basket multiple times and it’s definitely a give-take for lightness vs strength. I believe we’ve come up with a great compromise for a roof system that’s removable/light/safe. If you want to be first in line, your best chance will be to join the list at www.raketdesigns.com before midnight (we close it after). An email will go out tomorrow morning for ordering details. Thanks.

Sponsored

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t have a need right now, but will likely in the future. I’m really liking where this is going. Can this be used without the forward facing “plate” on the front?

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don’t have a need right now, but will likely in the future. I’m really liking where this is going. Can this be used without the forward facing “plate” on the front?
It can, but in my experience it creates some serious whistling and vibrations. The front assembly is being shrunk down quite a bit and will be usable for mounting lights. We’re hoping that helps the aesthetics and creates a better look. Here’s an example of how much this will decrease. Thanks for the input.

Ford Bronco Updated: RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack 718AA835-DE3E-43F0-9A70-9812B91285E6

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow! That’s significant.

TTT

Wildtrak
First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So much win !, keep it up. looks like most of the "what if" you have already solve, open soft top, open the rear, remove basquet etc. cant want to see the final product.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wow! That’s significant.
I agree. The “MARK I” was really all about seeing something physical. Now that we know more boundaries we can focus on the look more.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.