Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got mine on. Haven't put windows on yet as there is no rain in the forecast. Install was very easy and first time using a rivnut tool went well. This is the exact product I've been waiting for. Great quality and price too.
348357804_254995433865836_290424482737581527_n.jpg
Dude! That looks awesome! I just updated my initial post if you want to read that part
Sponsored

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I still get a rumble over 65. I am going to call this week and see if they have any suggestions. The fitment, look and versatility is great, I just have something that is not right.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Broncobro04

Broncobro04

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still get a rumble over 65. I am going to call this week and see if they shave any suggestions. The fitment, look and versatility is great, I just have something that is not right.
Is it wind noise? Otherwise my only advice would be to make sure all the straps and bolts are tight. Hopefully you get it figured out

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s a vibration. I can see it in my rear view mirror once I get up to speed.

I put the smaller bow up front and biggeron in the rear. It was a little better above my head. If I put my fingers up top in the very front I can get it to quiet down but not completely go away.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here is the rivnut tool you will need - I used one that was slightly more $ 0 but this one below will do. Make sure the rivnut tool has the attachments for the M10 size rivets - my first time using one, and I like it - the holes on the rollbar are already there, so nothing to drill.

Ford Bronco Rampage TrailView Fastback Soft Top for 2 door Bronco -- installed first impressions & photos 1685452081488

Sponsored

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Carbonized Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here is the rivnut tool you will need - I used one that was slightly more $ 0 but this one below will do. Make sure the rivnut tool has the attachments for the M10 size rivets - my first time using one, and I like it - the holes on the rollbar are already there, so nothing to drill.

Ford Bronco Rampage TrailView Fastback Soft Top for 2 door Bronco -- installed first impressions & photos 1685452081488
How is the top material? I can’t tell from pictures if it’s similar to the factory twill or the sailcloth that is used in the less expensive Jeep tops.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How is the top material? I can’t tell from pictures if it’s similar to the factory twill or the sailcloth that is used in the less expensive Jeep tops.
The top material is good in my opinion, it is thick and I think twill ? - I am not familiar with the other top materials you mention. I am definitely happy with the quality of it. My planned only use is for between April - October - after that, it is hardtop season.

OP
OP
Broncobro04

Broncobro04

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The top material is sailcloth. It doesn’t feel cheap but maybe not as thick as twill

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, bikes, canoes, sailboats…
Your Bronco Model
Base
You folks that have installed this top, how was the fit for the rivnuts in your roll cage holes?

The holes in my cage are just slightly smaller than the flange on the rivnuts. About 2mm larger than the barrel of the rivnut.

My experience with rivnuts is that they’re fairly sketchy even with correctly sized holes. Can’t imagine these will hold for long, if at all, with so much slop between the hole and nut.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The rivnut fit seems fine. I never used a rivnut tool and I like it. I was thinking how do you remove a rivnut ? I guess just grind down the flange and it falls in ? If you ever have to, just replace with another rivnut. If you look at the Ford ones that are in the roll at, they are also rivnuts.

I guess if the flange is small it is not a big deal. The part that has to be big and strong is what is on the inside. The flange is just there to prevent the rivnut from falling in the hole.

Sponsored

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The rivnut fit seems fine. I never used a rivnut tool and I like it. I was thinking how do you remove a rivnut ? I guess just grind down the flange and it falls in ? If you ever have to, just replace with another rivnut. If you look at the Ford ones that are in the roll at, they are also rivnuts.

I guess if the flange is small it is not a big deal. The part that has to be big and strong is what is on the inside. The flange is just there to prevent the rivnut from falling in the hole.
So was the fit not sloppy on yours?
The concern is more the rivnut coming loose and spinning when trying to install or remove the bolt. Turns out there is a larger hole forward on the outside side of the bar. Might be able to fish the nut and bolt end out if it has to be ground off, or at least get a drop of adhesive on it in there to keep it from rattling around.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So was the fit not sloppy on yours?
The concern is more the rivnut coming loose and spinning when trying to install or remove the bolt. Turns out there is a larger hole forward on the outside side of the bar. Might be able to fish the nut and bolt end out if it has to be ground off, or at least get a drop of adhesive on it in there to keep it from rattling around.
If I was that bothered by it I wouldn’t install it
Period

you have to live with your decisions and it seems like something that’s going to drive you nuts. Don’t do it

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I was that bothered by it I wouldn’t install it
Period

you have to live with your decisions and it seems like something that’s going to drive you nuts. Don’t do it
That’s a bizarre take on my question.

Just trying to figure out if other people had the same situation and if it worked out fine or if I somehow ended up with the wrong size holes in my roll bar and should find another solution.

Have you installed one of these tops?
How was the fit for the rivnuts?
The rivnuts that came with my top are approx 13mm o.d. and the holes in my cage are 15mm. Same for you or no?

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s a bizarre take on my question.

Just trying to figure out if other people had the same situation and if it worked out fine or if I somehow ended up with the wrong size holes in my roll bar and should find another solution.

Have you installed one of these tops?
How was the fit for the rivnuts?
The rivnuts that came with my top are approx 13mm o.d. and the holes in my cage are 15mm. Same for you or no?
Exact as you described on mine
Works fine
I get overwhelmed sometimes and can’t let things go

I’ve resto modded and fabbed vehicles my whole life
As I’ve gotten older I realize most doesn’t matter and I overthink

this seems to bother you and as much as it seems to be (if I were you I would not do it if it was bothering me this much to be this hesitant) because if anything goes wrong it seems like it’s a lot to let go at that point

also I installed the goose gear table and the rivnuts seemed too tight for the holes to me. But I let it go, installed it and moved on

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Exact as you described on mine
Works fine
I get overwhelmed sometimes and can’t let things go

I’ve resto modded and fabbed vehicles my whole life
As I’ve gotten older I realize most doesn’t matter and I overthink

this seems to bother you and as much as it seems to be (if I were you I would not do it if it was bothering me this much to be this hesitant) because if anything goes wrong it seems like it’s a lot to let go at that point

also I installed the goose gear table and the rivnuts seemed too tight for the holes to me. But I let it go, installed it and moved on
Awesome, thanks!

Nah, I’m not bothered by it. Just have done enough of this sort of stuff that I tend to try and be cautious and gather more info when something doesn’t seem quite right rather than paint myself into a corner and have to pull out the f***up fixing tools.
Sponsored