Sponsored

Ranch Hand Style Brush Guard

• Thread starter Deleted member 18388
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Deleted member 18388

Just curious if anybody else has thought about doing a RanchHand style brush guard on their Bronco like these? I love these things. How long until you guys think until one like this would be available? Also, do you think the modular front bumper would make it easier or harder when trying to get an aftermarket brush guard like this?
Ford Bronco Ranch Hand Style Brush Guard banner
Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just curious if anybody else has thought about doing a RanchHand style brush guard on their Bronco like these? I love these things. How long until you guys think until one like this would be available? Also, do you think the modular front bumper would make it easier or harder when trying to get an aftermarket brush guard like this?
You don’t have enough payload for that bumper.

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Tomd90BII

Never mind what these people think... it's your bronco... do it up as you see fit and make yourself happy.

I'm personally not a fan of that style guard. But I'm sure you will have options from the aftermarket soon.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe if you strap an F250 to the front of your Bronco..

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not I said the Cat. I tend to stay on dedicated trails and not ram my way through the brush, so I do not see the need. YMMV.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

8bda38b6-51f0-4d96-9a11-f4f13c1760a1_434199166903110.gif

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that's the only kind I'd get if I thought I'd need a guard, don't care for the stock one (or any similar ones), either go full protect or none IMO.

Weight is an issue, I would not add that much weight for looks only and would probably remove it when not wheeling in an environment where it's good to have. (Same with a winch for me, front hitch mounted only, don't want that stuff on there for daily driving).

I'd prefer aluminum over steel too, if somebody makes them. But I like that these protect the corners and the lights, more vulnerable to damage than the middle IMO.

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A quick-uninstallable (is that a word?) winch sounds awesome!

OP, if I can ask, is there a good use-case you have in mind for the full “cage” brush guard? :)

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I want something like that, Dropped the bull bar from my build because the redesign made it too high...

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
A quick-uninstallable (is that a word?) winch sounds awesome!

OP, if I can ask, is there a good use-case you have in mind for the full “cage” brush guard? :)
Can't speak for the OP, but in my case it is to protect from deer strikes... 3 in the last couple of years...

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

to protect from deer strikes
I’ve never had the misfortune to hit a dear, but living in Michigan it’s just a matter of time. Curious at what speed these’ll help at. 200 lb smashing in at 70 mph: These still work?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve never had the misfortune to hit a dear, but living in Michigan it’s just a matter of time. Curious at what speed these’ll help at. 200 lb smashing in at 70 mph: These still work?
If you get to drive it home, it's a good thing. Hit one with my F250 with a guard, no damage. No guard on my Sierra, hit one at 70, dented the bumper. Hit one with my Trax at 70, still got me home after tying up some parts with the headlight wiring harness, $8000 and change in damage...