Sponsored

Random significant drop in gas mileage????

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All I can think of is you were stuck in a mode other than ECO, even though it was showing that? (Although, it's painfully obvious when ECO is on) If it does it again, I would throw the power distribution screen up and see if it's showing just the rears getting power. Obviously, make sure you're in 2H on the dial as well. You may have checked this, just some thoughts.
Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you obsess over gas mileage and talk about it at work too much? I had a co-worker that did this. We began to slowly add gas from a can over the course of several weeks. He was ecstatic over his forty something miles to the gallon. And then the syphoning began. We nearly drove him crazy. Hope you figure it out.
That's a pretty awesome prank. LOL

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you obsess over gas mileage and talk about it at work too much? I had a co-worker that did this. We began to slowly add gas from a can over the course of several weeks. He was ecstatic over his forty something miles to the gallon. And then the syphoning began. We nearly drove him crazy. Hope you figure it out.
If you like Broken Lizard (Super Troopers guys), watch Tacoma FD's Season 2, Episode 6. Here's a clip.
https://www.trutv.com/shows/tacoma-fd/clips/chiefs-new-truck-is-a-gas-guzzler

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hahahaha! Nice!

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

maybe it went to L per 100km.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 2 door big bend hard top with about 800 miles on it. I drive an hour to work everyday. I normally average 19 mpg on that trip in ECO mode. This morning, same traffic as always, drove the same as I always do, had it in ECO and it said 11 mpg on my trip to work. I thought maybe just the screen was wrong, but sure enought, it sucked down a quarter of a tank on my commute. On the way home this afternoon, it was back up to 19 mpg. Any thoughts? This was the first time I had this happen.
Good morning! Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and estimated mileage? I want to make sure you are getting the most out of your gas mileage!

EL in NH

Base
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch, 2005 HD springer,2010 sporty
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you idle the vehicle to warm it up you will take a considerable hit in computed gas mileage. When idling you are getting 0 miles per gallon.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 2 door big bend hard top with about 800 miles on it. I drive an hour to work everyday. I normally average 19 mpg on that trip in ECO mode. This morning, same traffic as always, drove the same as I always do, had it in ECO and it said 11 mpg on my trip to work. I thought maybe just the screen was wrong, but sure enought, it sucked down a quarter of a tank on my commute. On the way home this afternoon, it was back up to 19 mpg. Any thoughts? This was the first time I had this happen.
Truthfully, I wouldn't worry about it right now. There's so many variables when driving in traffic, MPGs will fluctuate. The engine is new right now. With a little more time it will get broke in, and your gas mileage should settle down. IMHO

TxHazmat

Wildtrak
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Show Bronco, Raptor, CTS V
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow that was really mean and I guess there was a lot of laughs. I'll try it with our
over and over and over etc guy. I like the way you guys think.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like a re-gen going on… maybe it’s got a diesel by accident. That’s what my SD does about when you re getting ready good MPG !!
Sponsored