First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey Bronco guys! I'm a Ranger owner that will be occasionally lurking around here. I'm interested in learning what all might be able to be applied to my Ranger's 2.3. I'm particularly interested in the alternator! I haven't had any issues with mine, but it's a particular fear I have with the location and un-sealed nature of the Ranger's alternator. In fact, if anybody could snag a pic or few of their 2.3's alternator to share here, I'd really appreciate it!!!!

Here is my work in progress. Shhhhhhh! Don't tell my wife; she tells me I'm done adding to my truck all the time!
Ford Bronco Ranger Owner Lurking! thumbnail_image0
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now that is pretty cool. Well done. I would enjoy seeing additional photos of your rig. Thanks for posting.

OP
OP

GLOCKer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Now that is pretty cool. Well done. I would enjoy seeing additional photos of your rig. Thanks for posting.
Thanks! I love this truck!!! I've kinda ended up with an Aussie themed Ranger after falling in love with these things on a trip to Oz.

Ford Bronco Ranger Owner Lurking! 2021-07-17 11.16.25

Ford Bronco Ranger Owner Lurking! 2021-07-17 11.17.27

Ford Bronco Ranger Owner Lurking! 2021-05-08 12.40.45

Ford Bronco Ranger Owner Lurking! 2021-05-08 12.41.22

Ford Bronco Ranger Owner Lurking! 2021-05-08 12.40.07

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome to the Dark Side, John...
I personally won't be much help, as my Bronco will have the 2.7 engine, but my experience with dunking alternators has been a zero-issue affair -- 1995 Jeep XJ has a low-mounted one and has forded streams over bumper-depth without a problem. Unless someone has a counter-story, I don't foresee any worries.

PS - I'll be lurking on Ranger6G soon, anticipating the '22 reveal of the new one...gonna make sure I get a Day-1 reservation this time around...

OP
OP

GLOCKer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Welcome to the Dark Side, John...
I personally won't be much help, as my Bronco will have the 2.7 engine, but my experience with dunking alternators has been a zero-issue affair -- 1995 Jeep XJ has a low-mounted one and has forded streams over bumper-depth without a problem. Unless someone has a counter-story, I don't foresee any worries.

PS - I'll be lurking on Ranger6G soon, anticipating the '22 reveal of the new one...gonna make sure I get a Day-1 reservation this time around...
Well, the problem is...

...ughhhh. The problem is it's been kind of a little problem with the Rangers. I know a handful of people who've had issues after trail rides with water fording and/or mud killing their alternators. It's location is less than idea, being as low as it is mounted on the 2.3 motor. I wish they had mounted them like on the foreign market Rangers with diesel motors; up high towards the top of the engine!

There was a lot of speculation that the Bronco 2.3 was going to have a sealed alternator, and people like me have been keeping their fingers crossed that it was going to be true, and something that could be fitted to our Rangers! 😁 Fingers crossed!!! 🤞

Sponsored

TheDo114

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Last edited:
OP
OP

GLOCKer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey Bronco guys! I'm a Ranger owner that will be occasionally lurking around here. I'm interested in learning what all might be able to be applied to my Ranger's 2.3. I'm particularly interested in the alternator! I haven't had any issues with mine, but it's a particular fear I have with the location and un-sealed nature of the Ranger's alternator. In fact, if anybody could snag a pic or few of their 2.3's alternator to share here, I'd really appreciate it!!!!

Here is my work in progress. Shhhhhhh! Don't tell my wife; she tells me I'm done adding to my truck all the time!
Ford Bronco Ranger Owner Lurking! 1630417772568
Hs sweet ride I like the light bar arb bumper with winch sure they r making same for bronco
Sponsored